Best Teachers from Hogwarts

Poll

Which heamaster/mistress is best at Hogwarts?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
mitale thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Who is the best teacher according to you guys and why?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greatmaratha thumbnail
Albus Dumbledore...

and I write this as i finish reading Book 6 for the 2nd time😭😭😭
Anya-Hitomi thumbnail

Of course Snape is biased. I can say no less about Dumbledore. In the first book, he awarded Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville all those points AFTER the end of the term. Was that not cheating? Moreover, there is always an underlying favouritism in his decisions.

While Snape is not the most understanding person around, he is courageous and decisive. It would have been wonderful if he had not come to the state he is in but given a chance at Headmastership.
*~Princess_K~* thumbnail

Mcgonnagal

Edited by *~Princess_K~* - 18 years ago
*Rashmi* thumbnail
You know, this is weird, but through books one to five I never really liked Snape. And now, six, he's supposed to be evil, and everyone's supposed to hate him more -- but I actually like him now. Maybe I just have a think for evil dudes ^_^. Lol, seriously though, I don't believe he's evil... I'm so ready to vouch for his goodness of heart... but that's a different story, not going to bring it here.

Even though I like Snape now, I can't call him the best teacher. He's biased, and that's the raw truth. He doesn't like giving Gryffindor points, and if that isn't being biased, then what is? Dumbledore is slightly biased as well -- as Anya-Hitomi said, he gave them points after the end of term. Even though they deserved the points, I'm wondering if Dumbledore would do the same if it was someone other than Harry (and his friends). But, all in all, Dumbledore is not a teacher. He was a teacher, back in the Tom Riddle days -- but he no longer is. He doesn't teach classes. Even though he's addressed "Professor" it's only because he's the Headmaster.

So, in the end, I would have to go with McGonagall. She's good at what she teaches, and most of all, she's fair. She doesn't hesitate to deduct points from Gryffindor if she knows that it should be taken. So, all in all, McGonagall it is!

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

dumbledore!πŸ‘πŸ‘no one is match for him!

"great man dumbledore"πŸ˜ƒ

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

he(Dumbledore) may not be a professor ie:teaching the students , but still no one else has given hogwarts as much as him and he's so very luving and carin~lovable!

he is the best!πŸ‘

daniel_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

4 me... always DUMBLEDORE πŸ˜ƒ

Charmed1 thumbnail
Technically you can;t say dumbledore didn't teach to the day he died. Think of all he taught Harry.........
Charmed1 thumbnail
I don't really think there is a best teacher. It's all based on opinion. The best teacher depends on where you're standing.