Harry Potter

Best Teachers from Hogwarts

Poll Question: Which heamaster/mistress is best at Hogwarts?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
22 [68.75%]
3 [9.38%]
4 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

mitale

Groupbie

mitale

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
Who is the best teacher according to you guys and why?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Best Teachers from Hogwarts" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Albus Dumbledore...

and I write this as i finish reading Book 6 for the 2nd timeCryCryCry

Anya-Hitomi

Anya-Hitomi

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 10:33pm | IP Logged

Of course Snape is biased. I can say no less about Dumbledore. In the first book, he awarded Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville all those points AFTER the end of the term. Was that not cheating? Moreover, there is always an underlying favouritism in his decisions.

While Snape is not the most understanding person around, he is courageous and decisive. It would have been wonderful if he had not come to the state he is in but given a chance at Headmastership.

*~Princess_K~*

Goldie

*~Princess_K~*

Posted: 29 July 2005 at 1:01pm | IP Logged

Mcgonnagal

Edited by *~Princess_K~* - 30 July 2005 at 5:52am

*Rashmi*

Goldie

*Rashmi*

Posted: 29 July 2005 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
You know, this is weird, but through books one to five I never really liked Snape. And now, six, he's supposed to be evil, and everyone's supposed to hate him more -- but I actually like him now. Maybe I just have a think for evil dudes ^_^. Lol, seriously though, I don't believe he's evil... I'm so ready to vouch for his goodness of heart... but that's a different story, not going to bring it here.

Even though I like Snape now, I can't call him the best teacher. He's biased, and that's the raw truth. He doesn't like giving Gryffindor points, and if that isn't being biased, then what is? Dumbledore is slightly biased as well -- as Anya-Hitomi said, he gave them points after the end of term. Even though they deserved the points, I'm wondering if Dumbledore would do the same if it was someone other than Harry (and his friends). But, all in all, Dumbledore is not a teacher. He was a teacher, back in the Tom Riddle days -- but he no longer is. He doesn't teach classes. Even though he's addressed "Professor" it's only because he's the Headmaster.

So, in the end, I would have to go with McGonagall. She's good at what she teaches, and most of all, she's fair. She doesn't hesitate to deduct points from Gryffindor if she knows that it should be taken. So, all in all, McGonagall it is!

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 5:51am | IP Logged

dumbledore!ClapClapno one is match for him!

"great man dumbledore"Big smile

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 5:53am | IP Logged

he(Dumbledore) may not be a professor ie:teaching the students , but still no one else has given hogwarts as much as him and he's so very luving and carin~lovable!

he is the best!Clap

ronit13

Goldie

ronit13

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 7:38am | IP Logged
ithink dumbledoorBig smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top