Harry Potter

A theory on Dumbledore (SPOILER) (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

j y o t i

Goldie

j y o t i

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 11:57am | IP Logged
hmmmm........... its hard to say if he really died or not, but i hope he didnt!!!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A theory on Dumbledore (SPOILER) (Page 2)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*~Ish~*

Groupbie

*~Ish~*

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 12:54pm | IP Logged

i feel that he's dead for sure

JKR's words: she had to kill off dumbledore because Harry (like all heroes) has to go the road alone

annnd...i think the Unbreakable Vow is gonna kno if Snape killed dumbledore or not...if dumbledore is still alve...and bye bye snape (he should've died or will die) so to fulfill the the Vow...dumbledore needs to be dead..u can't fool the Vow

those r just my views..and i'm happy with dumbledore's portrait as long as he's there (a reason i think harry WILL go back to Hogwarts..to talk to the portrait)...as much as i want him to be alive...i don't think he will *sigh*

Draco_Luver

Draco_Luver

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
Sorry to burst anyones happy bubble about Dumbledor being alive, but I disagree, because remeber  dumbledor put  a spell on harry so he couldnt move or speak to save his life.  Then when Snape killed him  HArry was free of the spell~thats why  tihnk  Dumbledor  is dead.

Draco_Luver

Draco_Luver

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
Maybe she was kinda talking about Voldemort and the horcruxes, because Voldemort was stripped from his power and wasnt 'properly' dead therefore he was able to come back.

Originally posted by *Rashmi*

I don't know if you'll remember, but JKR said in an interview also that a wizard cannot come back to life is properly dead. What does properly dead mean? Is it just a slip, or is she hinting something? A lot of people that that this was referring to Sirius, and that he's not properly dead, hence he is alive or something... I mean disappearing behind a veil isn't much proof of death...

Anyway. Sirius is dead. Not alive. But Dumbledore? Any comments?

*Rashmi*

Goldie

*Rashmi*

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Draco_Luver

Maybe she was kinda talking about Voldemort and the horcruxes, because Voldemort was stripped from his power and wasnt 'properly' dead therefore he was able to come back.

I don't know if you'll remember, but JKR said in an interview also that a wizard cannot come back to life is properly dead. What does properly dead mean? Is it just a slip, or is she hinting something? A lot of people that that this was referring to Sirius, and that he's not properly dead, hence he is alive or something... I mean disappearing behind a veil isn't much proof of death...

Omg, you're so right!! I can't believe I didn't think of that before. lol. Thanks for clearing it up!!

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *~Ish~*

i feel that he's dead for sure

JKR's words: she had to kill off dumbledore because Harry (like all heroes) has to go the road alone

annnd...i think the Unbreakable Vow is gonna kno if Snape killed dumbledore or not...if dumbledore is still alve...and bye bye snape (he should've died or will die) so to fulfill the the Vow...dumbledore needs to be dead..u can't fool the Vow

those r just my views..and i'm happy with dumbledore's portrait as long as he's there (a reason i think harry WILL go back to Hogwarts..to talk to the portrait)...as much as i want him to be alive...i don't think he will *sigh*

I agree with you Ish.

I also feel that Dumbledore is truly dead as:

1) JKR has never resurrected any character who died - Harry's parents, Sirius, etc. So it is unlikely that she will resurrect Dumbledore except through a Portrait of old headmasters or the Chocolate Frog Cards

2) You are absolutely right about the Unbreakable Vow. If Dumbledore was still alive, Snape would have definitely died as he would not have fulfilled the terms of the contract...

Like the Goblet of Fire, the Unbreakable vow is a powerful magical contract and its not an object which can be confunded.

Draco_Luver

Draco_Luver

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 5:54pm | IP Logged

Omg, you're so right!! I can't believe I didn't think of that before. lol. Thanks for clearing it up!!

haha~your welcome, but I could be wrong~

*Rashmi*

Goldie

*Rashmi*

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 5:56pm | IP Logged

haha~your welcome, but I could be wrong~

I feel so embarassed now, to tell you the truthEmbarrassed Haha.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top