A theory on Dumbledore (SPOILER)

*Rashmi* thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Big big spoiler so keep out if you haven't finished HBP!

I read an interesting, rather good, theory on HPforums.com, and thought it worth linking. It considers that Dumbledore faked his death. I actually thought he faked his death too, when I first read that Snape killed him, but in the end I kind of gave up on him. Then I bumped into this theory, and I admit it's pretty good.

If you want to read it, go to: http://www.hpforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32605

There you are! Have fun reading it, and post your thoughts here. HPForums also has good discussions, so if you're interested, you can register there as well.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

meha thumbnail

Hmm

actually the only problem is i didnt find anything on that site u mentioned. is that the correct link?

Charmed1 thumbnail
What is the forum password? Is it not stated or am I a little blonder than I thought? ๐Ÿ˜•
*Rashmi* thumbnail
Oops!! My bad! HPForums had a password to keep out people who hadn't read HBP. So the password is the last word in HBP... in CAPITALS. Don't forget the capitals! 
*~Ish~* thumbnail
i couldn't see it..it says that it isn't open to guests and i have to sign in
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

yep!dumbledore cannot be dead!i can say that i said so bcoz of my earnest desire 4 dumbledore to b alive ~him being my favourite in hp!

i read so in www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com

i hope it bcums true!

dumbledore rox!he coont leave harry in such a helpless situation!no thats not like dumbledore!www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com๐Ÿ˜ณ

*Rashmi* thumbnail
My God... people actually dedicated a site to this? And I thought I liked Dumbledore! Haha. But anyway, I'm checking out that site now...

By the way, you know, I was just wondering: JKR said something about "they needed to die because Harry had to go on his journey alone..." (something like that... not sure exactly what... can someone clear this up for me?) So that makes me think that Dumbledore is dead.

I don't know if you'll remember, but JKR said in an interview also that a wizard cannot come back to life is properly dead. What does properly dead mean? Is it just a slip, or is she hinting something? A lot of people that that this was referring to Sirius, and that he's not properly dead, hence he is alive or something... I mean disappearing behind a veil isn't much proof of death...

Anyway. Sirius is dead. Not alive. But Dumbledore? Any comments?

(Oh Ish, by the way, I forgot... you have to register with HPForums to view that forum๐Ÿ˜ณ)
daniel_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: lakshmi ram

yep!dumbledore cannot be dead!i can say that i said so bcoz of my earnest desire 4 dumbledore to b alive ~him being my favourite in hp!

i read so in www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com

i hope it bcums true!

dumbledore rox!he coont leave harry in such a helpless situation!no thats not like dumbledore!www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com๐Ÿ˜ณ

ya me too.... dumbledore is the best..

j y o t i thumbnail
hmmmm........... its hard to say if he really died or not, but i hope he didnt!!!
*~Ish~* thumbnail

i feel that he's dead for sure

JKR's words: she had to kill off dumbledore because Harry (like all heroes) has to go the road alone

annnd...i think the Unbreakable Vow is gonna kno if Snape killed dumbledore or not...if dumbledore is still alve...and bye bye snape (he should've died or will die) so to fulfill the the Vow...dumbledore needs to be dead..u can't fool the Vow

those r just my views..and i'm happy with dumbledore's portrait as long as he's there (a reason i think harry WILL go back to Hogwarts..to talk to the portrait)...as much as i want him to be alive...i don't think he will *sigh*