Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

#1tvfan

#1tvfan

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 7:38pm | IP Logged

I think we will find some explanation of Dumbledore's behaviour in Book 6. Like it was never explained how did he hurt his hand. And that also in such a way that noone couls cure it.

Also what was it he wanted Snape to do that Snape was reluctant to do and they were fighting which Hagrid overheard.

Now this is purely a fligth of my imagination. When Dumbledore destroys the ring or when he tried to steal it something happened and Dumbledore himself became a Horocrux or something like that. Bottom line being that he knew to kill Voldemort he has to die first. and he also knew noone would kill him even to get rid of Voldemort forever. So he ordered Snape to kill him.

Another thing that always puzzled me is why Voldemort never took on Dumbledore and also why Dumbledore never tried to kill Voldemort when he was coming to power.

What do u all think

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dumbledore's reasons" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Rashmi*

Goldie

*Rashmi*

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 8:23pm | IP Logged

My post contains spoilers, so if you haven't read HBP I suggest you hit the 'back' button.

Yes! Finally someone who agrees that Dumbledore might have ordered Snape to kill him. I can't believe Snape is evil - Dumbledore trusted him, and as Lupin said, it all comes down to whether you trust Dumbledore - "I trust Dumbledore, therefore I trust Severus." (can't remember if that's the exact wording, I'm too lazy to go look now).

I agree we haven't gotten enough information on Dumbledore, but JKR did say in the interview with Melissa and Emerson (from The Leaky Cauldron and MuggleNet) that we will find out more about Dumbledore.

Hmmm that's an interesting theory about Dumbledore becoming a Horcrux! I never thought about it. I guess it's worth pondering, but I'm not too sure. What's sure, though, is that Dumbledore had his reason for ordering Snape to kill him (as I presume) - no idea what that is, but I don't think it's just because he wanted to save Snape, because he knew Snape had made an Unbreakable Vow. If that's the reason, then it's because Snape is vital in some way of the other, and therefore Snape couldn't die (if he didn't kill Dumbledore, he would die, because then he would be breaking the Unbreakable Vow).

As for why Dumbledore didn't kill Voldemort when he was rising to power, I think it was because he heard the prophecy -- only Harry could kill Voldemort, so Dumbledore trying would be useless. As for why Voldemort didn't kill Dumbledore, I expect he was too afraid of him to try before... well, ordering Draco to kill him.

honey1184

Groupbie

honey1184

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 10:35pm | IP Logged

hey could someone tell me what page in hbp talks about hagrid overhearing dumbledore and snape fighting?

meha

meha

Posted: 25 July 2005 at 1:01am | IP Logged

U have a point!

Charmed1

Charmed1

Posted: 27 July 2005 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
Dumbledore did explain about his hand. It had to do with the whole horcruxes thing. Smile

Delia

Delia

Posted: 28 July 2005 at 5:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by #1tvfan

When Dumbledore destroys the ring or when he tried to steal it something happened and Dumbledore himself became a Horocrux or something like that. Bottom line being that he knew to kill Voldemort he has to die first. and he also knew noone would kill him even to get rid of Voldemort forever. So he ordered Snape to kill him.

interesting theory.... i just thought of something... u know in chamber of secrets, wiht the diary? there, tom fed of ginny, as in... he used ginny's soul as his own, or something like tht. so maybe, whoevere had the ring.... would become the horcrux, and voldy would feed off that person's soul... prob the same way as in whoever wore the locket, owned the cup etc... plus, maybe the withered hand meant that dumbles was now connected to the ring, and couldnt distance himself from it, just like how ginny tried to throw out the diary, and then tried to get it back... so he realised that he needed to be killed. plausible theory???Confused

*Rashmi*

Goldie

*Rashmi*

Posted: 28 July 2005 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Very good, Delia!! That makes sense!Smile Certainly worth considering. 

ronit13

Goldie

ronit13

Posted: 28 July 2005 at 9:53am | IP Logged
wow nice thinking i never thought of thtSmile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top