Are Muslims worth the racism?

Posted: 18 years ago
Dear Members:

I am a Hindu and I have no prejudices against muslims, christian, jews or even athiests... since there are various religions in the world.

However... one point to note is that as history is witness, Muslims are always the group of people who have created animosity with other religions. Right now, in the 21st cent., there are problems between Muslims and Hindus, Muslims and Jews, Muslims and Christians.

I have not heard or seen any problmes between Hindus and Jews? These conflicts always involve muslims.

Also, this group is always against other religions. They destroyed one of the most holy sites in India, the beautiful Somnath Temple by three different mughal emperors from the lineage of Akbar and when Hindus destroyed the Babri Mosque, they felt the pain.

So, why is this happening and why can't the muslims teach their kids not to promote terrorism and not to blow themselves up for their religion... when that is not what Islam promotes.

Islam is a very peaceful religion and the position of non-violence is very high since I have muslim friends.. but their actions are promoting the hatred.

So.... the main question... are they worth the racism?

**** a moderate discussion only ****
I don't think its politically correct to even discuss this topic on a public forum !!!
I think that no religion should be isolated and attacked. I too am Hindu but i am not prejducied (sorry can't spell) against Muslims or their religion. I think the reason why it sometimes gets a bad name is because of a small group of people who do something completely out of order and therefore the whole group of people get blamed. It is certainly not acceptable for Muslims as a whole to receive any sort of blame just because of a few individuals.My views feel free to add or subtract๐Ÿ˜›
I totally agree wid Bas02.........

well muslims have different views than most religions, and because they're different, many cultures feel offended by them, but being different is not a bad thing, but in reality everything different always endures some sort of prejudice. I am hindu and i have no prejudice against them, but not every person thinks like us india forum members. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

and i could also say the same about christianity, they have a problem with jews, muslims, and in the 80's-90's there were many problems in south india between christians and hindu.

Edited by usachick821 - 18 years ago

[quote=shriman]So, why is this happening and why can't the muslims teach their kids not to promote terrorism and not to blow themselves up for their religion... when that is not what Islam promotes.[/quote]

See, its not that Muslims dont teach their children that terrorism is wrong. Even within the community, there exists a minority of religious fanatics.

And as Bas already mentioned, this is not restricted to Islam alone. Every religion has its own set of fanatics, be it Hinduism, Christianity, Sikhism, Judaism, etc..

The Nazis were brainwashed by Hitler to create terrorism amongst Jews - they were white Christians.

On the other hand, Jews evicted Thousands of Arabs from their homes in Palestine/Israel. I wonder if that war-ravaged area will ever see peace in my lifetime...

The American Government waged war in Iraq with the lame excuse that Saddam had Nuclear weapons and killed hundreds of civilians in the process. Later on, everyone knew that the so-called "Intelligence Report" was a fake...

So on that account, one cannot entirely blame Islam for "creating animosity" all over the world, as you have mentioned. There is no smoke without fire, IMO.

Unfortunately for Islam, the word "jihad" is misinterpreted by religious fanatics who take it to an extraordinary level and resort to violence.

The 9/11 attacks, London Bombings, are atrocious acts which have earned condemnation from Muslims and Non-Muslims alike.

On an end note, every house has a dustbin. But that does not mean that every item in the house is trash. The same principle can be applied to religious communities.

WELL, I HAVE NOT CONTENDED WITH THE FACT THAT YES THERE ARE CROWS EVERYWHERE, BUT THE FOCUS OF THIS DISCUSSION IS THAT EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE FANACTICS WITHIN EACH RELIGION AND AS MENTIONED THAT THE ANTI-TERROR LESSON IS GIVEN, WHY HASN'T IT BEING IMPLEMENTED?

WHY AREN'T THE ISLAMIC SCHOLARS CALLING ATTENTION TO THE MODERN GENERATION OF THE ARABS TO TAKE CONTROL AND NOT USE THIS METHOD TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE AND THREATEN THEIR PEACEFUL WAY OF LIFE.

ALSO, THE AIM OF THIS TOPIC IS THE MODERNITY OF IT SINCE I AM NOT A PROPONENT OF HATRED TOWARDS ANYONE, AND AS THE SITUATION SEEMS IT WAS BEST FOR THE IRAQI PEOPLE TO BE FREED FROM THE TERROR OF A RUTHLESS, BARBARIC LEADER.

THE AGE OF USING THE HOLY TEXT OF ANY RELIGION AS A MODE OF REGULATION AND LAW FOR CIVIL, VARIED SOCIETY HAS PASSED AND ONE MUST NOT SETTLE UPON THE PAST FOR THE FUTURE, SINCE THAT BRINGS NO PROGESS.

ALSO, AS FOR THE PART THAT WHERE THERE IS NO SMOKE THERE IS NO FIRE, WELL THE FIRE IS BEING LIT BY THE RADICAL ISLAMISTS WHO ARE MISUSING THE ISLAMIC HOLY TEXT AND THE SMOKE IS THE RESPONSE FOR IGNORING THE NEEDS OF THE MIDDLE EAST.

ALL RELIGIONS PROMOTE PEACE AND SO DOES ISLAM AND HINDUISM, THEN WHY CAN'T THE IMAMS SPREAD THIS MESSAGE, BUT NO, WHEN THERE ARE FAULTS WITHIN THE GROUP, THERE IS NO NEED TO BLAME THE "INTELLIGENCE REPORT" SINCE THE IMAMS (RADICALS) ARE PROMOTING THIS AND INVITING HATRED TOWARDS THEM.

Originally posted by shriman

Dear Members:

I am a Hindu and I have no prejudices against muslims, christian, jews or even athiests... since there are various religions in the world.

However... one point to note is that as history is witness, Muslims are always the group of people who have created animosity with other religions. Right now, in the 21st cent., there are problems between Muslims and Hindus, Muslims and Jews, Muslims and Christians.

I have not heard or seen any problmes between Hindus and Jews? These conflicts always involve muslims.

Also, this group is always against other religions. They destroyed one of the most holy sites in India, the beautiful Somnath Temple by three different mughal emperors from the lineage of Akbar and when Hindus destroyed the Babri Mosque, they felt the pain.

So, why is this happening and why can't the muslims teach their kids not to promote terrorism and not to blow themselves up for their religion... when that is not what Islam promotes.

Islam is a very peaceful religion and the position of non-violence is very high since I have muslim friends.. but their actions are promoting the hatred.

So.... the main question... are they worth the racism?

**** a moderate discussion only ****

sriman....you have opened a can of worms.

here are few points to note....

1)the people who destroyed the temples were medival conquerers and politicians...they were not muslims. there were spanish conquerors who commited sacrilege in mayan temples and there were baptist christians who thought hinduism was a ignorant backward pagan religion(so should we blame christianity for it?). there are multiple wars fought in the name of religion, most significantly the dark crusades(when the real reason was gaining control over the costantinople , an important place in the historic spice/silk  routes). let us not blame a religion for something that was politically motivated/done by a fanatic but blamed on the religion.

2) now for terrorism, terrorism is not encouraged by any religion but by individual using it for thier individual motives/power hunger/some fanatical idea about how world should be .once again let us not point a finger towards a certain religion or faith. have you forgotten srilankan terrorists, naxalites and sikhs fighting from the golden temple(all of them hindus).

personally i think that muslims have earned a bad name bcoz they started as a warrior race in the one of the most harsh living conditions . apart from it they are great sticklers for thier faith. somehow a prejudice was devloped against them and has been passed down over generations. the fact that most muslim dominant countries have had a very turbulent political history and at times the power lay with fanatics has not helped either . however a clear understanding of thier lifestyle and customs (why and how they came into being) is very important before we pass a judgement on them.

I AM SORRT I DID THIS

I WILL NEVER POST ANYTHING IN THIS DEBATE MANSION AGAIN

SORRYYYYY ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Wow!! A very heated topic!! Ok here are my $0.02:

I  am Hindu but I have muslim friends! And I respect them very much! Osama bin Laden and his group of terrorists are responsible for 9/11 attacks and possibly London attacks too! It wasn't all muslims! Al-Qaeda is a group of Muslims that are violent, but it doesn't mean all Muslims are terrorists!  It seems that all muslims are responsible becasue these terrorists make it look like it is written in the Quran that it is ok to do all of this and they misuse the term Jihad!! Jihad and Quran have nothing to do with terrorism! Islam is a very peaceful and simple religion!  Terrorists can be from every religion and race, so let's not point fingers at one group, even though Al-Qaeda is mostly muslims! We are looking at a minority that exists within the world's 2nd largest religion! We have to punish the people who did this, regardless of religions! People in the US must know  the Timothy McVeigh case, the man who was responsible for the Oklahoma city bombing in I believe 1993-96 ! Was he muslim? No! He was a white Christian man and he was executed some years ago! Osama we have to remember is not a true muslim and neither are his little terrorist dummies! They don't have a religion. but they misuse and abuse Islam becasue they think they are right, which they are not! We shouldn't be blaming muslims but the people who claim they are devout muslims and yet do all these horrible acts, and every other terrorist and racial grops like the Klu Klux Klan as well!! I hope I am understood! Sorry for the long post!!!!

Bye all!

Monica!๐Ÿ˜ƒ