Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

shriman

Goldie

shriman

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
Dear Members:

I am a Hindu and I have no prejudices against muslims, christian, jews or even athiests... since there are various religions in the world.

However... one point to note is that as history is witness, Muslims are always the group of people who have created animosity with other religions. Right now, in the 21st cent., there are problems between Muslims and Hindus, Muslims and Jews, Muslims and Christians.

I have not heard or seen any problmes between Hindus and Jews? These conflicts always involve muslims.

Also, this group is always against other religions. They destroyed one of the most holy sites in India, the beautiful Somnath Temple by three different mughal emperors from the lineage of Akbar and when Hindus destroyed the Babri Mosque, they felt the pain.

So, why is this happening and why can't the muslims teach their kids not to promote terrorism and not to blow themselves up for their religion... when that is not what Islam promotes.

Islam is a very peaceful religion and the position of non-violence is very high since I have muslim friends.. but their actions are promoting the hatred.

So.... the main question... are they worth the racism?

**** a moderate discussion only ****

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are Muslims worth the racism?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
I don't think its politically correct to even discuss this topic on a public forum !!!

bas02

Goldie

bas02

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
I think that no religion should be isolated and attacked. I too am Hindu but i am not prejducied (sorry can't spell) against Muslims or their religion. I think the reason why it sometimes gets a bad name is because of a small group of people who do something completely out of order and therefore the whole group of people get blamed. It is certainly not acceptable for Muslims as a whole to receive any sort of blame just because of a few individuals.My views feel free to add or subtractTongue

Mish

Mish

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
I totally agree wid Bas02.........

shriman

Goldie

shriman

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 5:31pm | IP Logged
same here

usachick821

Goldie

usachick821

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 5:45pm | IP Logged

well muslims have different views than most religions, and because they're different, many cultures feel offended by them, but being different is not a bad thing, but in reality everything different always endures some sort of prejudice. I am hindu and i have no prejudice against them, but not every person thinks like us india forum members. Big smile

and i could also say the same about christianity, they have a problem with jews, muslims, and in the 80's-90's there were many problems in south india between christians and hindu.

Edited by usachick821 - 24 July 2005 at 5:48pm

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 6:49pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by shriman

So, why is this happening and why can't the muslims teach their kids not to promote terrorism and not to blow themselves up for their religion... when that is not what Islam promotes.

See, its not that Muslims dont teach their children that terrorism is wrong. Even within the community, there exists a minority of religious fanatics.

And as Bas already mentioned, this is not restricted to Islam alone. Every religion has its own set of fanatics, be it Hinduism, Christianity, Sikhism, Judaism, etc..

The Nazis were brainwashed by Hitler to create terrorism amongst Jews - they were white Christians.

On the other hand, Jews evicted Thousands of Arabs from their homes in Palestine/Israel. I wonder if that war-ravaged area will ever see peace in my lifetime...

The American Government waged war in Iraq with the lame excuse that Saddam had Nuclear weapons and killed hundreds of civilians in the process. Later on, everyone knew that the so-called "Intelligence Report" was a fake...

So on that account, one cannot entirely blame Islam for "creating animosity" all over the world, as you have mentioned. There is no smoke without fire, IMO.

Unfortunately for Islam, the word "jihad" is misinterpreted by religious fanatics who take it to an extraordinary level and resort to violence.

The 9/11 attacks, London Bombings, are atrocious acts which have earned condemnation from Muslims and Non-Muslims alike.

On an end note, every house has a dustbin. But that does not mean that every item in the house is trash. The same principle can be applied to religious communities.

shriman

Goldie

shriman

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
WELL, I HAVE NOT CONTENDED WITH THE FACT THAT YES THERE ARE CROWS EVERYWHERE, BUT THE FOCUS OF THIS DISCUSSION IS THAT EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE FANACTICS WITHIN EACH RELIGION AND AS MENTIONED THAT THE ANTI-TERROR LESSON IS GIVEN, WHY HASN'T IT BEING IMPLEMENTED?

WHY AREN'T THE ISLAMIC SCHOLARS CALLING ATTENTION TO THE MODERN GENERATION OF THE ARABS TO TAKE CONTROL AND NOT USE THIS METHOD TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE AND THREATEN THEIR PEACEFUL WAY OF LIFE.

ALSO, THE AIM OF THIS TOPIC IS THE MODERNITY OF IT SINCE I AM NOT A PROPONENT OF HATRED TOWARDS ANYONE, AND AS THE SITUATION SEEMS IT WAS BEST FOR THE IRAQI PEOPLE TO BE FREED FROM THE TERROR OF A RUTHLESS, BARBARIC LEADER.

THE AGE OF USING THE HOLY TEXT OF ANY RELIGION AS A MODE OF REGULATION AND LAW FOR CIVIL, VARIED SOCIETY HAS PASSED AND ONE MUST NOT SETTLE UPON THE PAST FOR THE FUTURE, SINCE THAT BRINGS NO PROGESS.

ALSO, AS FOR THE PART THAT WHERE THERE IS NO SMOKE THERE IS NO FIRE, WELL THE FIRE IS BEING LIT BY THE RADICAL ISLAMISTS WHO ARE MISUSING THE ISLAMIC HOLY TEXT AND THE SMOKE IS THE RESPONSE FOR IGNORING THE NEEDS OF THE MIDDLE EAST.

ALL RELIGIONS PROMOTE PEACE AND SO DOES ISLAM AND HINDUISM, THEN WHY CAN'T THE IMAMS SPREAD THIS MESSAGE, BUT NO, WHEN THERE ARE FAULTS WITHIN THE GROUP, THERE IS NO NEED TO BLAME THE "INTELLIGENCE REPORT" SINCE THE IMAMS (RADICALS) ARE PROMOTING THIS AND INVITING HATRED TOWARDS THEM.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top