Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

madumithas

madumithas

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:00am | IP Logged

All,

I am starting this thread for us all to express our feeling on this incident. Since i live in virginia though a fw hours drive from blacksburg i can feel ther impact closely since some of my colleague's family and friend go to school here.
This is really an unfortunate incident and i strongly condemn the bad elements here.Lets all pray for all the deceased...
From what i have heard an indian professor has been identified as a victim in this incident.
Prof. GV Loganathan is from coimbatore survived by wife and two daughters.
http://www.vwrrc.vt.edu/sdwi/loganathan_profile.asp
Another Indian student Minal Panchal has also been identified.

Lets play that their souls rest in peace and may God give them their family the mental strength at this time.

Madhu

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Kavitha Raviusha_poojaatina

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Virginia Tech rampage - Condolences" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:10am | IP Logged

this incident has been bothering me very much & has pretty much spoiled my mood the instant i heard it. it's a shame & pity that so many innocent lives were lost at a hands of a madman who doesn't even know the value of a human life.CryCry my deepest condolences & sympathy for all those affected. my heart goes out to you all & hope you all will find the strength to move on with your lives!

~leena

Kavitha Ravi

IF-Dazzler

Kavitha Ravi

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:13am | IP Logged
Madu I too felt very sad to read about this incident. I too have a friend who stays in Blackburn. I have sent her an e-mail.
I too pray for all the departed innocent souls.

rhodes

rhodes

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Very Sad to read about that..My Deepest Condolences for the affected. Cry Cry

patraj

IF-Dazzler

patraj

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Roja has also opened a thread about the Virginia Tech incident.

Like everyone I too am saddened about the incident and join all of you in the prayers for the victims and their families in this timeof need.

Pat

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Madhu, I started a thread for the same topic just 10 mins before u did. This incident has affected me badly - it is painful to loose lives, that too young lives like this. I have requested Atina to close my thread and merge it to yours. Incidents like this wakes us up with a jerk. where are we heading?? My sympathies and prayers are with the families of victims. God bless.

madumithas

madumithas

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:33am | IP Logged
I am pretty much in a bad mood...a colleague of mine had her daughter there and my colleague has been narrating the turn of events and gosh thats horrible. FOr you guys outside US, this college is in a town and the town pretty much revolved around the college events only...you can say even that its a village.

ROja..i happened to see your thread after i posted mine...else i would have posted my message in yours. Anyways thank you!

Edited by madumithas - 17 April 2007 at 9:34am

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:02am | IP Logged
This is terrible and very unfortunate. Where are we heading to? If you don't feel safe in a school, where else will you be?

My heart felt condolences to all families affected by this incident.

Gunman identified:
http://www.latimes.com/la-na-main18apr18,0,5650736,full.stor y

Post Reply New Post

Go to top