India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Please-no BLF with JJKN (Page 4)

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 09 December 2004 at 1:29pm | IP Logged

Yes, but those comparisons were few and far between and not this everyday scene by scene taking apart.If a scene is criticised on it's own merit then it's justified.But if a scene is criticised based on another scene in another serial enacted by another actor in another environment helps little in evaluating in the scenes own merit.Plus it spoils the suspense of the next step.It's like someone rattling of the story of a movie while you are watching.There were plenty of dramatisations of widely read stories but they still are made and remade and almost everyone knows what's going to happen next but if we sit down and compare each and everything page by page then the whole effort is futile.

Devdas was a remake of an old movie and is a very famous story by a very renowned writer.I have watched all the movies and read the book in original.Beleive me,none of the 3 movies can even touch what Sharat Chandra has written and if anybody came really close in depicting the characters,then it was Dilip Kumar as Devdas,Suchitra as Paro and Madhuri as Chandramukhi.Personally the latest Devdas was an awful movie but not everyone shares my view.I can go on and on about what's lacking in it but that won't change the fact that it has it's own charm and there are many who watched the movie for it's own sake or maybe Shahrukh's sake or maybe Ash or whatever and they liked it.They don't have any interest in what SharadChandra wrote or how Suchitra looked as Paro.Comparisons may be made but it hardly can justify a criticism on it's own merit. 

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 09 December 2004 at 1:49pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by jammy

Firstly, With Purab araound, there was nothing to compare as the story was not going as the original. But comparisions to original were still made.There were complaints that the original story was good and how pathetic was the story was now due to Purab's presence.

well said Jammy......I may never have seen or even read BLF but I agree that comparison of the two is predestined......

Minnie and Kline, I agree that it is presumptuous to compare it scene by scene as JJKN has been modified to suit Indian viewers…….if I remember correctly all the JJKN cast when asked about watching their counterparts replied that they wanted to bring their own interpretation to the show rather than copy someone else....... so if they are not acting LIKE their counter parts it, there is no purpose of comparing them......however, T&D ARE following the story of BLF (if they werent, they would have changed the ending because there is no other validation of stretching Purab's presence in the show and then dropping him out all of a sudden).....

the way I see it, it is the story and its flow that we criticize…..T&D could have decided to divert from the origional or follow it to the T, it was their  prerogative....they were criticised when they decided to hop from one to he other, thereby killing a beautiful story........regardless of who Jassi ends up with, the loopholes and turn of events are too far-fetched to ignore…..

it happens in other serials too I agree, but they have not set themselves up for a fall like T&D……adaptation is not an easy job…..while u r getting a ready made story, that only has to be tweaked to suit the viewers, the creators have a standards already set to be judged against……people do not watch adaptation with Amnesia………

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 09 December 2004 at 2:23pm | IP Logged

I agree,the mistake was made.They probably might have been falsely led to beleive that they would be allowed to change the story and that is why they went so far with Purab but ultimately they failed.Even I found reasons of Purab's exit weird beyond words.I also agree that Armaan's change of heart was very poorly documented.

I fully agree they could have made things better.We can't forgive them for bringing in purab and you can't forgive for taking him away.They made a mess and no one is countering the fact.But my point is,what is done is done.I too am waching the episodes and following the updates.Right now I doubt even the original makers could have done any better after such a fiasco.They are taking the story  forward well,Armaan and Jassi's time at Raj's place was beautifully picturised and since then Armaan's demons have come plaguing him which again have very good emotional qoutient.The acting is superb,the dialogues are beautiful,and there is a lot more going on beyond Jassi and Armaan.That's why I'm saying it's no use comparing the two because once Purab came in,the original story was ruined for ever.So now JJKN has to go it's own path and any comparison to it's original is just futile.We all agree that the original beautiful story has already been ruined beyond repair.So let's just enjoy the rest solely on it's present context.

Paheli Senior Member
Paheli
Paheli

Posted: 09 December 2004 at 5:44pm | IP Logged

Minnie and Jammy, thanks for the on-going discussion.

I agree with Minnie and personally, I would accept any show or movie that is Indianized and presented in Hindi. I think milder, decent version makes us remember our values and limits.

However, only very strong, solid stories get made over again and again, and each maker presents it with his/her peculiarities. e.g. Chori Chori (Raj Kapoor-Nargis), sorry forgot the name of the original English version, but that was made in US late 30's, and has been made twice in Hindi-both successful. However, in such cases, comparison is inevitable. You cann't help but compare one from the other, especially, if you have seen all the versions. For the same reason, all versions of Devdas were compared, too.

I gurantee if I watched BLF today, it would not come upto my image of JJKN, even if I criticize it, I still watch and like JJKN. All of us invest enough time after it, don't you think we have right to criticize to some extent?

Edited by Paheli - 09 December 2004 at 5:47pm
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 10 December 2004 at 2:13am | IP Logged

I dont think so any comparision was made scene by scene.

The comparision was made of that one scene that happened in raj or mario's house. Unfortunately that 7 minute scene of original was streched in 2 episodes in JJKN. Also BLF's mention there is a well justified. It wont be wrong to say that the screenplay for that scene was copied, most of the screenplay of the scene was taken from original, like armaan and jassi visiting raj's house alone, jassi lying to her father and jassi's first boyfriend ditching her for a bet as a matter of fact armaan wisking jassi from right under the nose of mallika is also a ditto copy of the screenplay. To convert that screenplay into atleast somewhat good adaption depends on the director and that disappointed me. Ofcourse sometimes the adaptation turns out better than the original and it has been proven before in many movies english as well as hindi, and also many serials. I only mentioned that the original the scene was very nicely shot to point out that there was room for improvement.

As for some people feeling that post purab directors are handling the story well. Again i disagree on that,  bumping of a few characters & purely ignoring the part of story which was your main point of focus since last six months without any explanation is not anywhere close to be called handling well. Purab, Hansmukhi, Meenakshi, 3T, Rohan, No one has any idea what happened to them. no one has any idea what happened with nandu's directorship with 3T. how a person who is the owner of companies valued 400 Cr  is suddenly untracable?? What happened to meenakhsi's contract it was supposed to be the savouir for Gulmohar? and many more questions hanging.

Again in a well handled story each and everything is given equal importance. the life of maria and veeru, the life of bindyaa and her bitter divorce, the life of maitheli, the life of ruby & even the buisness and company's contract never lost focus in the original story and thats why it was a more wholesome entertainment. Agreed purab was given alot footage since last 6 months and that was again directors mistake. Purab was a likeable character , but who made him likeable? them!! if they were not sure of what they wanna to do with him in the end then why give him so much airtime and then ruin a story?  now they have seen thier mistake and they are trying to rectify it, well they are not doing it nicely they can do a better job to make the story more beliveable and that is the reason why they are facing the criticism. Characters can enter without explanation in a well handled story thats an element of suprise but well settled characters cannot just leave a story without any followup or cannot be simply ignored.

JJKN as a story is nothing compared to the Original, But even if we ignore the orginal, it still has many gapping holes to be ignored and enjoyed as a wholesome entertainment.

Jammy.

Edited by jammy - 10 December 2004 at 2:44am

Go to top