lovely
lovely

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 1:11pm | IP Logged

yup agree totally sowmya...

lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

adaptation does not mean copying Jammy...

each and every nuances of every character from the original need not be potrayed exactly as the original.

that's what the word adaptation means.. if you want to see the exact same thing its copying.. and not adaptation...

in that case there shld have been no Purab at all to ruin the story and each and every character butchered mercilessly and sidelined the way they did to satisfy the so called public demand....

gelato Senior Member
gelato
gelato

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 1:19pm | IP Logged

You can't compare Munnabhai MBBS to its remake version( that is tamil). I am also from south India. Munna bhai MBBS was a major hit because of its dialogue (bhai lang). In south India ( all south indian languages),we don't have bhai language and so definitely people won't like it.

surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 1:23pm | IP Logged

Jammy I have rarely seen good direction on Indian T.v.  I think in comparision to other Indian TV shows JJKN is superior in direction and production - only cos everything else sucks majorly.

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ananyaa

It is really strange...this appeal for no comparisions with BLF.....when purab was there, there was such a hue and cry abt deviating from the original.....ppl who said that we are liking this story better and let this story have its own destiny  were ridiculed and reminded that this was an adaptation, how can it follow a diff track...and now that they have returned back to the original track (thx to the threat of a libel suit by the original makers) but still are making a mess of the story....comparisions shld not be there?? ......why because no matter what armaan shld not be criticized ...no matter how ridiculous the whole thing looks... since armaan and jassi are together.......gaping loopholes and lack of logic shld be ignored......that's practising double standards.....well, why did you continue to follow the story then and continued to shred it day in and day out....going by what u are saying now..u too shld have stopped following the story....avoided commenting on it and expressing your discontent at the proceedings so that ppl who were loving it, cld enjoy it in peace......if u urself cld not practice what u are saying now why expect others to do the same now....

u expressed ur discontent to yr heart's content in the past six months without caring abt those who were enjoying it ......it's only fair that others too be allowed to do the same now...

Ananya,get your facts straight.In those months I never ever criticised,not once,on the basis of Blf and all the criticism were logical and not because they were showing something different from BLF.BLF came only when the issue of the copyrights came.I never criticised JJKN for it's being there and I enjoyed it then as a show just as much as I do now and did not follow it just to make it a subject of criticism.If I don't like a character doesn't mean I'll go all out in being acidic against the makers along with anything and everything that stands in the serial.I definitely wanted Armaan and Jassi to be together and did not support Purab but I didn't make it a point to tear JJKN apart scene by scene to vent my frustration for turning Armaan into what he is todayAngry.

love_Jassi Groupbie
love_Jassi
love_Jassi

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 4:48pm | IP Logged

I agree with you completely Minnie.It doesn't make sense to compare BLF and JJKN especially knowing they weren't true to the track.

And I don't remember comparing JJKN to BLF either.The only thing that was said was that Jassi would end up with Armaan because the original story said so.There certainly no scene by scene comparison and before today I didn't even know the name of the actors.I have never come across them here before.

kline Groupbie
kline
kline

Posted: 09 December 2004 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Originally posted by ananyaa

It is really strange...this appeal for no comparisions with BLF.....when purab was there, there was such a hue and cry abt deviating from the original.....ppl who said that we are liking this story better and let this story have its own destiny were ridiculed and reminded that this was an adaptation, how can it follow a diff track...and now that they have returned back to the original track (thx to the threat of a libel suit by the original makers) but still are making a mess of thestory....comparisions shld not be there?? ......why because no matter what armaan shld not be criticized...no matter how ridiculous the whole thing looks... since armaan and jassi are together.......gaping loopholes and lack of logic shld be ignored......that's practising double standards.....well, why did you continue to follow the story then and continued to shred it day in and day out....going by what u are saying now..u too shld havestopped following the story....avoided commenting on it and expressing your discontent at the proceedings so thatppl who were lovingit, cld enjoy it in peace......if u urself cld not practice what u are saying nowwhy expect others to do the same now....

u expressed ur discontent to yr heart's content in the past six months without caring abt those who were enjoying it ......it's only fair that others too be allowed to do the same now...

Ananya,get your facts straight.In those months I never ever criticised,not once,on the basis of Blf and all the criticism were logical and not because they were showing something different from BLF.BLF came only when the issue of the copyrights came.I never criticised JJKN for it's being there and I enjoyed it then as a show just as much as I do now and did not follow it just to make it a subject of criticism.If I don't like a character doesn't mean I'll go all out in being acidic against the makers along with anything and everything that stands in the serial.I definitely wanted Armaan and Jassi to be together and did not support Purab but I didn't make it a point to tear JJKN apart scene by scene to vent my frustration for turning Armaan into what he is today.

I agree with minnie.What double standards are you talking about.No one ever said anything about criticising Armaan.But comparison doesn't make much sense.And i don't remember comparing Blf and JJKN during Purab.The only thing said was to inform us when the copy rights issue came up that Jassi has to end up with Armaan.It's only now the comparisons are taking place so this request was hardly valid before.
    And minnie has a valid point here and it's hardly targetted to any particular section,and certainely not the P fans.So why is every issue blown out of proportion and made out to be an Armaan Purab issue?? There were bloopers during Purab's time too so if you enjoyed the show without any problem then why the suddeen cattyness???
    And even then as Armaan fans we defended Armaan and criticised Purab and we defended the show as well even when Armaan's character was inexplicably being shredded to no extent.But we didn't go on an all out attack on anything and everything.That's what is weird.We liked the show then and we like it better now.You are most welcome to criticise Armaan but please don't go all out in personal attacks to vent your frustrations.
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 09 December 2004 at 11:56am | IP Logged

Firstly, With Purab araound, there was nothing to compare as the story was not going as the original. But comparisions to original were still made.There were complaints that the original story was good and how pathetic was the story was now due to Purab's presence.

Secondly, Purab's character was criticised by many for both his acting and the scenes which brought him and Jassi closer were not according to thier liking. Him kissng Jassi's hands were a big deal but not Armaan hugging Jassi.

Lastly, it might sound rude but comparisions are inevitable, especially now that the story is going as per the original.

Jammy.

Go to top