India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Please-no BLF with JJKN (Page 2)

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 10:55am | IP Logged
I finally saw the hug scene yesterday and I didn't find it to be too mechanical.  I think it was appropriate for the circumstances. Armaan and Jassi have barely even shaken hands in the past, so this hug was a big step for them.  Anyway, it's just something they both automatically did b/c Jassi was upset and Armaan was genuinely upset for Jassi.  I think that if this had happened in real life, the hug would have looked the same....yeah, Surnita, you're right-they can't go as far as they did in BLF (and I"m glad they didn't b/c it would not be appropriate in the current  context).

ananyaa Newbie
ananyaa
ananyaa

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 11:10am | IP Logged

It is really strange...this appeal for no comparisions with BLF.....when purab was there, there was such a hue and cry abt deviating from the original.....ppl who said that we are liking this story better and let this story have its own destiny  were ridiculed and reminded that this was an adaptation, how can it follow a diff track...and now that they have returned back to the original track (thx to the threat of a libel suit by the original makers) but still are making a mess of the story....comparisions shld not be there?? ......why because no matter what armaan shld not be criticized ...no matter how ridiculous the whole thing looks... since armaan and jassi are together.......gaping loopholes and lack of logic shld be ignored......that's practising double standards.....well, why did you continue to follow the story then and continued to shred it day in and day out....going by what u are saying now..u too shld have stopped following the story....avoided commenting on it and expressing your discontent at the proceedings so that ppl who were loving it, cld enjoy it in peace......if u urself cld not practice what u are saying now why expect others to do the same now....

u expressed ur discontent to yr heart's content in the past six months without caring abt those who were enjoying it ......it's only fair that others too be allowed to do the same now...

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gigli

Amazing how someone who has only seen a few clips of the episode has suddenly become a BLF expert....

Ohh well i dont call my self an expert but alteast i dont consider my self a novoice either.

I have 2.3 Gb of BLF on my p.c as of today in AVI format that amounts to around 10 to 15 hours of viewingtime I have only downlaoded the episodes that i would find intresting. Edonkey is the source but you have to be very patient. I have been collecting this stuff since last 5 months.

Also I have had opportunity to interact with directors thanks to my proffesion and i can say that i know editing as well. so I know when a shot is mechanical and when the actors are comfortable witht the shot.

Minnie why i said mechanical is not because i thought there was not sex/romance involved it was because the uncomfortability the actors were showing while the shot was taken. If you have seen the full episode then you must have seen how billu hugged jassi that was a more natural hug, it seems to be coming right from heart, there was no sex or romance involved there either but the scene was perfect.

Actually its my mistake I am bored of the show  and thats why when i watch it i watch it with utter care to look at direction and script and continuation, I am looking at the most technical terms to keep my intrest in it. I am sorry but I have a bit of intrest in entertainment industry. Thus I look at a lot of techinal aspect of it, and I find a lot of flaws to it.

But maybe people like to watch it to enjoy it and are happy by ignoring the flaws. well then i am happy from now onwards to keep them to myslelf Smile

Jammy.

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Agreed the guy who plays armaando is a great actor , I am also Armaando fan, But sorry I still find it difficult to understand armaan.

Jammy.
lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 12:53pm | IP Logged

Jammy I am really surprised to see that you are comparing the hug between Jassi and billu to that of Jassi and Armaan...

for christ sake billu is her father.. kids are always comfortable with their parents. but with Armaan the case is different.

I find it really ridiculous no offence meant to you that you are actually comparing these two.

and abt the uncomfortableness between them.. there's something called awkwardness when u hug a guy who is not ur close pal or related to you in some way.. the awkwardness is always there.. and i think that was what the scene was meant to potray.. armaan being taken aback and that was really potrayed well in that scene...

lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 12:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by jammy

Agreed the guy who plays armaando is a great actor , I am also Armaando fan, But sorry I still find it difficult to understand armaan.

Jammy.

why are you  even comparing them jammy.. every actor has their own style and mannerisms which they bring to the character they potray.. Armaan does not have to behave just like Armaando just becoz his character is based on him.

gelato Senior Member
gelato
gelato

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovely

Originally posted by jammy

Jammy.

why are you  even comparing them jammy.. every actor has their own style and mannerisms which they bring to the character they potray.. Armaan does not have to behave just like Armaando just becoz his character is based on him.

Exactly lovely.Every actor has their own unique style. Here (in US) they give script before in hand and they reharse a lot. They spend lot of time on reharals. But in India they change the script frequently according to  viewers demand(eg jjkn). In that case  Purab's acting was not even close to micheal's acting and jassi'sis not even close to betty's acting.

Edited by sowmyavenky - 08 December 2004 at 1:09pm
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 08 December 2004 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
I am not talking about apporva and that actor . I am talking about characters and I said that i understood the character of armaando but not Armaan.

It has been butchered beyond understanding thanks to your proffesionals T & D.

Also Agreed to the fact that every actor has its way of potraying a character. But if its a so called adaption then there shouldnt be a big diffrence.

Like people like Munnabhai MBBS but the movie based on same character and script was a flor why?? because even thought kamal hassan is a good actor he couldnt potray the character that sanju potrayed. At that time its not the actor but the character is important.

Jammy.

Go to top