Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Pensive

Goldie

Pensive

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 12:20am | IP Logged
Do you personally feel that the world would be much better place without religion of any kind?
Will a non-religious world be prone to more tolerance because of it?

I'd stop here and add my comment later on

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "No Religion = More peace" in Paranormal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

missmhow

Goldie

missmhow

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 3:09am | IP Logged
the way many poeple are following religion is more of hatred than love..but if we truly follow the religion it will spread a mssg of love and world will be a better place...

sara ahmed

Goldie

sara ahmed

Posted: 18 April 2007 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
i pernolly feel that there sld b no religion at alll...coz u knw sum religion are not given so mmuch of priority in the socirty...nd there r wars going on the basis of religion.......i wld like to sharea incc vit u ppl ..this happ wen i was small nd was in bombay nd the hindu muslim fgt was going on nd it was so hrrbl ..once i saw a man dead shot onthe middle of the road..nd my servant saw a mans head fallen apart from his bodyy...so i think there shld b no religion at all

DivyaD

IF-Rockerz

DivyaD

Posted: 19 April 2007 at 1:36am | IP Logged

I don't think it is fair to blame religion. It is man's warped understanding of religion and their zealous and dogmatic ideas that have created such hatred and ethnocentrism. Religion in its entirety is pure and teaches only love and respect. The people who twist it to suit their own needs have defamed it and brought it down to what we see today.

Practising a religion of love whether you do a rosary reciting Hail Hary, Hare Rama or Ya allah, etc is the way to go. Religion is pure, man's practise of it has diluted it.

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 19 April 2007 at 4:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DivyaD

I don't think it is fair to blame religion. It is man's warped understanding of religion and their zealous and dogmatic ideas that have created such hatred and ethnocentrism. Religion in its entirety is pure and teaches only love and respect. The people who twist it to suit their own needs have defamed it and brought it down to what we see today.

Practising a religion of love whether you do a rosary reciting Hail Hary, Hare Rama or Ya allah, etc is the way to go. Religion is pure, man's practise of it has diluted it.

Second your thoughts completely. Exactly what I had wanted to say. Very well conveyed!

Misunderstood , miscontrued concept of Religion and its preaching = No Peace.

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 19 April 2007 at 11:10pm | IP Logged

Great DOTW dear!Clap

well i don't think the world would be better off without religion of any kind!!

without religion, how would u know what ur purpose is on earth, you'll feel as if life has no meaning at all, you're just living and waiting for the moment when u'll have to leave te world.

Religion gives us something to look forward too in life. It makes the time pass  for those people, who choose to believe! Right?

Love,

GracellaTongue

eexxoottiicc

IF-Rockerz

eexxoottiicc

Posted: 20 April 2007 at 9:51am | IP Logged
naaa i think religion is important

Pensive

Goldie

Pensive

Posted: 22 April 2007 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Ah well I'd say something which is totally different.
I do believe that no religion = more peace. No matter how good a religion is ....how much it preaches peace ..... man by his nature was just not fit to follow one. Man is corrupt by nature with the need to satisfy himself and he can use something as innocent as religion and twist it around to suit his liking.
Religion or no religion, there will always be people in society who commit theft, murders, etc. But considering the amount of people that have been killed in the name of religion, both in wars and terrorist acts, I'd say religion was one of the biggest mistakes of mankind....i personally feel the world would be a far more better place to live in if there is no religion.

Am sorry if anyone is offended!!....its just a personal point of view

Edited by angel_wings - 22 April 2007 at 11:32pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top