Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What is Our Life Worth!?!?! (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ms. Bholi Bhali

Regards,

A Common Man, Yet Very Special!!

Generally this happens when there is a void in a person's life, the person is sort of alone, then one turns into things that can be done alone, say play video games, surf the net, then the level of frustration with folks outside grows, suppose if the person is picked upon or is an outcast in the groups in school or the person feels wronged

Everybody cites our culture in this, well what does our culture provide it provides a sense of family, togetherness.

In days past we used to have a community living, a joint family, where even though you might dislike people in the household, you still have someone around. For kids, even if the parents are not around there is always someone around, there are groups of kids to play with

when we move into nuclear families,  this aloneness creeps in, Kids these days in our culture also want to play video games, watch TV, pretty much the same thing

why havent we seen something like this amongst kids in our area? The lack of guns/weapons. If we have them, we also will have a Virginia Tech

All that seperates South Asian culture and Virginia Tech is a lack of guns

Edited by sareg - 16 April 2007 at 6:54pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 16 April 2007 at 8:04pm | IP Logged

lack a good value system and lack of religion, culture..leading to lack of purpose is what leads to frustration and purposeless acts like this.. None of those young victims deserved anything like this......

Unless US looks at all its amendments especially the first and second... all that is there is to wait and watch who gets into the next maniacal shooting...just hoping its not you or someone you know....someone lurking there with pent up feelings of anger, frustration and hatred...

Edited by qwertyesque - 16 April 2007 at 8:10pm

nerdynerd

Goldie

nerdynerd

Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
I am just horrified with this act! I still keep on wondering what was going through his head?? why? why? why? So many innocent students died for no reason! Why do people do such things? Hope there families are okay...how do you deal with such a thing? One minute your kid is going to school, next minute they are not even in this world..I was just too shook up with that...what makes me mad though is that the authorities knew about the 2 people being shot 2 hours ago...so why not alert the whole school...lock students in dorms and classses...their careless behavior lost about 30 lifes...30 LIFES, just becasue they didn't email earlier?? how could authorities be so stupid?? It just makes me wonder if I am safe at my school.
on the other hand, it didnt' stop my mother from calling me and telling me "I told you so", that I should be always careful.. but what baffles me is that if there was a way to avoid this..these kids didn't even know what was coming for them...how do you insure safety in such times?? really makes you question life??
Sorry didn't answer any questions..I am still baffled by this tragedy...I don't know how to react to it...
Peace to all the families!

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:51pm | IP Logged

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:53pm | IP Logged

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 1:19am | IP Logged
Im still not getting over this incident Cry

I was seeing news Channel ... That part of Virginia has got very traditionalist type of Americans having strong Family value system just like asians:[some professor stated this on TV during the coverage]

So this totally ends the debate of culture.. Culture may not be able to justify or be used as a reason for such an act. Things like these do happen in every part of the world. What would people call a Priest who sexually, physically and mentally abused children in his area Dead [Im not making this up, its a real life story!]

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 18 April 2007 at 8:56pm | IP Logged

Nice post!

For the past few weeks I have been seeing my relatives and friends fighting with life in the hospitals!

ThankGod they are fine now! Everything is in the hands of GOD and every suffering is one's  past karma.We cannot do anything except for helping them in their bad times!

Regarding virginia incidenct! Its really tragic!

Wishes,

Myth

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 18 April 2007 at 9:00pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top