The New Face of Cricket

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Hey!

After the heated debate and discussion on the most deserving team, it's time to shift the focus back home.

The face of Indian Cricket has and will change rapidly! There are Twenty-20 matches. New cricket reality shows are coming up. The whole selection process will change.

Coach Greg Chappell has resigned and now Shastri will be the new coach.

A lot has changed so put your input in by answering these questions! You never know, a member of the BCCI might be reading your comments and do what you say!

• In between this, what do YOU think should be the new Indian team?
  • How should the selection process take place?
  • Are you satisfied with the team who will go to Bangladesh?
  • Who should be incharge of the selection board?
  • Who should be our long term captain?
  • Any other views or ideas you would like to share?

So, let's discuss and until next,

Cricket Dev. Team

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The New Face of Cricket" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

atohani99

IF-Rockerz

atohani99

Posted: 16 April 2007 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
Great topic

Personnally I have no probs with Dravid leading the side out. I think he is an astute captian and has great knowledge of the game. I think he has been slightly unlucky with results recently and as u know first person to blame is the captain, as I'm starting to realise now Embarrassed .

For me, India need to get rid of Shewag. He is utterly useless. So what u score one 300 on a FLAT track, u need to constanlty score runs for ur team. When he opens, India are effectively one down already. Halve his shots are wafts outside the offstump. Chuck him out and he may learn some basics. IF he is good enough and learnt his lesson, bring him back. He needs to show a better attitude. I went to watch Ind v Pak in England for the ICC Champions trophy in 2004, and the night b4 the game he was eating a chicke balti in some restaurent i was in. What a complete joker, and if im correct he didn't get into double figures the next day, wonder y? Wink

Also whats happened to Pathan? y is he not playing? He brings a great balance to the side with his batting. If he is stuggling to bowl, he is only gonna learn out on the pitch. He is WORLDCLASS, play him.

Even Sreesanth, y did he not play a WC game? He brings good aggression to the Indian side, which seems to lack a lot of that at times. Remember that 6 he hit off Nel, in the test series. Wink Wink . We need that to help lift the side at times.

India need to desperatley improve their feilding. It is utterly atrocious at times. Good sides save 20-30 runs in the field, making it easier for the batsman. Get off ur bums and train harder in the field Angry .

One last thing, I would personnaly keep most of the batsman, except Shewag, as I think they deserve to show that they are still worldclass. They also have a lot to offer the team in terms of experience.

As coach, I think India need either Tom Moody or Dev Whatmore. Both have shown they can cope with sub-contential teams. Fantastic coaches, look at what their teams have done this WC, SL are in the QF and Bang beat India and SA. So hire one of them for long term use.

Sorry hope i didn't drag on, LOL

Arun

DeviatedTesoro.

Viewbie

DeviatedTesoro.

Reliable CC Captain, BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 18 April 2007 at 3:40am | IP Logged
great discussion Clap Clap ......will answer wen i am done thinking about the answers Smile

Saraa

bhavit

Groupbie

bhavit

Posted: 19 April 2007 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
i was watch sc on espn and the team selection is done .
dhoni and irfan are not selected Dead i dont like them also

Edited by bhavit - 19 April 2007 at 12:31pm

Sur_Sangam

IF-Dazzler

Sur_Sangam

Posted: 21 April 2007 at 6:51am | IP Logged
1. We need excellent players who are able to perform in the middle under any kind of pressure..The players should be coached How a typical Indian cricketer's life is affected after they are in the Indian side with all the public and media frenzy . How they can help themselves not let this affect their performance..

2. We need a good coach who can understand our players..

3. We need to make extra efforts to make sure the match is not fixed(hardly we win and few matches we may have chances to win should not get fixed)

4.We should try to deal with the corruption in the selection process. The big buisness houses (who may have one of the players working/doing ad for them ) influencing and trying to get this player in the team is very disturbing..A selector who is not paid and who gets few lakhs from these houses can be easily influenced..

So to create a corruption free environment in every step of the game seems to be the way to go..For that we need to feed other people(especially the selectors) also and not just fill the pockets of the players..

Edited by Sur_Sangam - 21 April 2007 at 7:50am

bhavit

Groupbie

bhavit

Posted: 21 April 2007 at 10:52am | IP Logged
sorry for the news i posted.dhoni is selected now

Post Reply New Post

Go to top