gelato thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
  A role to die for
   By: Tushar Joshi
   December 8, 2004

Dead man walking:
Ejaz Khan
After playing Sohan, for a while on Kkusum (Sony), Ejaz Khan will be bumped off the show this month. Interestingly, this isn't the first time Ejaz has been led to the grave on screen.

Here's talking to someone who is an ace at playing different roles at the same time.

You seem to be dying in quite a few shows, the latest being Kkusum. How does it feel?
This sounds very dramatic. It's not really the way you are making it sound. Yes, my character Arjun in Kkoi Dil Mein Hai is shown dead, but he is on the verge of making a comeback. In fact I am quite visibly present in the story as a ghost image.

My resurgence in Kkoi Dil Mein Hai will turn out to be one of the most interesting points in the show.

What about Kkusum, are you okay with the way your exit is being planned?
I enjoyed my role as Sohan in the soap. It was great fun being the part of the show. I always knew it was a small role and was fine doing it. In fact, I had some time with me in between my shoots for Kkoi..., which is why I took on this role.

People still remember you as Varun in Kahiin To Hoga. Do you regret leaving that show?
Leaving Kahiin To Hoga(KTH) was a management decision. It's been only a year for me since I started working with Balaji. I have immense trust in them and they take a final call on adjusting my dates.

In my KTH days, I would live on the sets. I was shooting non-stop for 26 days in a row, which was very exhausting. I thought I wasn't doing enough justice to Kesar and Kkoi Dil Mein Hai, which is why I was fine with leaving KTH. The show has given me a lot in terms of growth. It was great working with the entire cast.

What about films. Are you looking in that direction?
Why should I when my hands are full with so many interesting roles?

Frankly, I am quite apprehensive about taking on films, which may end up getting stalled or messed up at a later stage. In the last one year, I have succeeded in portraying five different characters on television. That itself gives me a high.

You don't seem to be quite kicked about your show Kesar?
Nothing like that. It's just that I feel the characters we play haven't come off the way they were meant to. But I think people haven't taken to Nandini who plays the lead role. She has a huge attitude problem. Infact I look at her forehead when I act, I can't stand her at all.

So what's next up your sleeves?
I am really excited about the way my character is shaping up in Kkoi Dil Mein Hai. The new Arjun has lot of negative shades in him. I would love to play a character with grey shades than someone who is a homely boy.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TiN24 thumbnail

Thanks for the great interview!

-Amisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

God, why does he hate the lead actress on Kesar so much? Thanks for the interview.

noori thumbnail

so does that mean that in kkoi dil mein hail he is going to come back somebody answer my question please

sweetsunset08 thumbnail

yeah, i think he's going to come back as a hamshakal of Arjun..and the way he mentioned that he'll like having some negative shades i hope that doesn't hint that he's going to be a bad guy. i don't know how they're going to work that in?

-manisha