Chappell’s first words in Aus... LOOKKKKK

WillSmith456 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Chappell's first words in Aus...
   By: A Mid Day Correspondent
   April 14, 2007

Greg Chappell

MELBOURNE: Former India coach Greg Chappell admitted that he feared for his security after India's flop show and Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer's murder in the World Cup.

Chappell, who is in Brisbane on a "private family business", also criticised the Indian media for exaggerating his medical check-up in Mumbai.

"It was just a minor thing that they obviously made into something bigger," Chappell told Herald Sun.

"The health is fine and there is no drama other than what the media made of it.

I just had some tests done to make sure I was in good health to fly and come back to Australia."

Chappell chose not to extend his contract with the Indian team but the BCCI reportedly offered the former Australian captain a consultant's job at the National Cricket Academy.

But if media reports from Down Under are to believed, Chappell after all might not take the BCCI offer. His name is doing the rounds for the new head coach's role at the Australian Cricket Academy. Chappell is a clear favourite to succeed Tim Nielsen.

... And then the denial

In a quick reaction, former India coach Greg Chappell yesterday denied reports in Australian media that he had feared for his safety after India's shocking defeat to Bangladesh in the World Cup.

Hours after the Herald Sun published an "interview" with Chappell, the former Australia captain sent a mail to the Board of Control for Cricket in India, denying having said anything to that effect.

"Please release a statement saying that media reports in Australia that I felt that my life was in danger following the loss to Bangladesh is untrue.

I never made that statement and nor did I feel that my life was in danger at any time during my stay in India," wrote Chappell to BCCI secretary Niranjan Shah.

Greg Chappell

😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WillSmith456 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
media are just uffffffffff
farisss4 thumbnail