Sports/Cricket

'Rahul finds motivation from within'

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
'Rahul finds motivation from within'

Mama Dravid defends son and captain of Team India

MANDVI SHARMA Times News Network

Ask the mother of the Indian captain about cricket and all she says is, "It's a nice game." Prod her a little and Pushpa Dravid adds, "I am just a viewer. It is the men in my family who play cricket and are passionate about it. In fact, Rahul will time an alarm for 2 in the morning to get up and watch a match."
   But this is not the best time for Rahul after Team India's World Cup debacle. Did the family do anything to motivate him? "These challenges are meant to test your calibre and Rahul has faced some big challenges. But I know he is prepared for all of them. He does not need me or anybody else to motivate him, he derives that motivation from within," answers Mama Dravid, a famous artist who has held several exhibitions in India and abroad and won 14 prestigious awards in a career of three decades.
   Pushpa noticed Rahul's love for the game at an early age. "He was a good athlete and loved playing cricket and football. He is a very good hockey player, and kids double his age used to call him to play with them," says Pushpa. "He was a restless boy. He wanted to do something all the time. But now he has grown to be a very mild and balanced man. I sometimes ask him for help because I have a lot of faith in his decisions." But right now the boy has become a dad and is enjoying fatherhood. "He is a great father. He is very caring and so is my daughter-in-law, Vijeta," says Pushpa.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yahoo2 thumbnail
Thats true, it wasn't Rahul's fault entirely
loveanime thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2