SIVANOLI - Serial Fiction (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 13

patraj

IF-Dazzler

patraj

Posted: 25 October 2007 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Selvi, thank you for continuing with your story. It is a good and gripping chapter and am looking forward to the next chapter.

Great job Selvi! Clap Clap Clap
Pat

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SIVANOLI - Serial Fiction (Page 5)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 26 October 2007 at 7:08pm | IP Logged

Thanks for all your comments! Smile Please, don't stop giving them - good or bad, I love to read what you have to say. And now the tenth episode. I will try to cover more storylines in this, but the main focus is still the wife abuse.

Episode 10 (now complete)

Indhu waits for someone to pick up the phone in her father's house in Tirunelvelli. Finally after some time the servant girl (Parvathy) picks up.

"Parvathy, where is my father?"

"You didn't know, madam?" The girl sounds confused. "Your father left for Chennai this morning, with Chinnayya and Chinamma."

Now it is Indhu's turn to be confused. "They are ... already on their way here?"

Parvathy confirms this. Indhu thanks her and puts down the phone, deep in thought. "Why are they coming here? Did they find out about this already?"

Indhu, still puzzled, returns to the guestroom where her sister is now staying. Indhu's daughter Dhivya is back from college and keeping her aunt company.

"Akka, did you call Appa? What did you tell him? What did he say?" Shree asks questions nonstop, anxiously.

"Appa is already on his way to Chennai ... but I haven't told him anything yet."

Dhivya speaks up, looking angry. "We can't let Uncle Siva get away with this!"

"No, he won't get away," says Indhu firmly. "Shree, don't say anything. Your keeping silent all this time has only served to protect him, convince him that he can get away with this sort of behavior towards his wife."

Just then there is a loud commotion in the hall outside the room. "Shree! Shree!"

Shree turns pale at the sound of her husband's voice. Indhu quickly says, "Shree, you stay here. Dhivya, wait with your aunt." She goes out.

Siva is being restrained by the guard. "Madam he just forced his way in," the guard apologizes.

"Where is my wife?" demands Siva angrily.

Indhu says, as calmly as she can, "Shree is resting, recovering from her injuries caused by you."

Siva ignores the accusation. "Well you can send her back with me."

Indhu shakes her head. "My sister is not going anywhere with you, not after what you just did, what it seems you have been doing for the past 12 years of your marriage."

"She is MY WIFE, with whom I can do as I want!"

"No." Indhu's quiet voice is the complete opposite of Siva's angry yelling. "You cannot do whatever you want just because she had the misfortune to follow our father's arrangement and marry you. And for your information, she was MY sister long before she became your wife. And now you can leave. We will see you in court."

Siva looks stunned. Then he laughs. "Court? Is that what you're thinking of ? Divorce? Shree will never divorce me. And your father will never allow it."

"My father doesn't know what has been going on. When he does, he will completely support divorce as the best solution for Shree and Sangheeta. No man has the right to abuse a woman, just because she is his wife."

"You can live in your perfect fantasy world, Indhu, and pretend it doesn't happen all over this country," sneers Siva. "But we'll see who'll win at the end of the day."

Indhu and Siva stare defiantly at each other. Without breaking off the staring competition, Indhu tells the guard, "Please lead my brother -" She stops, and corrects herself. "Please lead this man out of my house."

Siva shakes off the hand the guard lays on his arm. "I'll leave myself ... but first I have a message, for Shree." He raises his voice "I know you're there, Shree! And I promise you this: by the end of the week, you will be back in our home."

With that he walks out of the house. In the guestroom, Shree looks worried as Dhivya tries to reassure her. "Amma won't let him do that. Don't worry, aunty." But it does not seem to convince Shree.

Indhu comes back into the room. "It is at times like this I wish there was a man in this house. I don't know where Mahen keeps disappearing to!"

Dhivya keeps silent, but looks grim. She can guess where her brother is.

"Okay, Shree, I don't want you to worry. Siva can't do anything to you, and Sangheeta should be safe at school. I've already arranged with our driver to pick her up. Just in case, I'd better call the school and tell them not to let her go with her father if he comes there. I'm sure Sangheeta won't go with him, but it's better to be safe."

Indhu goes off to make the phone call. No sooner has she finished the call, she hears the sound of a car driving through the front gate. Dhivya also comes out from Shree's room as she hears the car. Mother and daughter go to the front door.

"Appa, thambi," says Indhu as her father, brother and sister-in-law get down from the car.

"Ah, Indhu," says Renganathan. Good, I worried that you might have gone to work."

"You should have called before coming," points out Indhu. "But I'm glad that you're here. There's something important you need to know ...."

Her father nods. "Yes, yes, that's why we are here also."

"So you do know!" exclaims Indhu.

"Of course I know," snaps her father. "This was arranged years ago!"

"Arranged?" Indhu is puzzled "What was arranged?"

Her father glares and her brother and s-i-l also look annoyed. "Your daughter's marriage to Thava*!"

Indhu is stunned. But no one is more shocked than Dhivya ....

thodarum ...

Ok, that is the end of this episode. I am very, very busy this week, and I only made time to finish off this because I did not want to leave you all in suspense...Wink 

In the upcoming episodes (not that soon) we will see the introduction of some new characters, like Indhu's best friend, her in-laws ... and we will also travel to Sri Lanka for a location shoot! LOL 

*To remind those of you who may have forgotten, Thava is Dhivya's cousin (Indhu's brother's only child). And since I don't think I gave Indhu's father and brother names before, I have decided they will be Renganathan and Vishvanathan, respectively.

Edited by selvifanmsia - 30 October 2007 at 6:30pm

preethi_r

preethi_r

Posted: 28 October 2007 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Selvifanmsia,just now got to see this thread, and read the first two episodes. The story is interesting and i'm tempted to read on and on, but i'm a sleepy head now Big smile so i''ll be reading the other episodes tomorrow.

just wanted to tell you, that you have a good writing skill, and u have to just keep going..thanks for sharing this fiction with us..as some one else told before, make sure no one uses it without your permission or knowledge..

preethi_r

preethi_r

Posted: 28 October 2007 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
Selvifanmsia, i read all the 10 episodes now...its not an exaggeration, u are very very good..the story is full of suspense...its like reading a good book!!!!!

........plz complete episode 10 soon,and am looking forward to the next episode also.. Smile

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 29 October 2007 at 2:48am | IP Logged
suspensela vaikkade selvi...please continue....

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 30 October 2007 at 6:21pm | IP Logged

Well, I have finally completed the 10th episode. ^^ Don't forget to read and comment! (see below *)

I wanted to use this post to set the timeline for this series. These episodes are taking place in the early part of 1982. I am sure this hints to you that I am allowing for the series to play out until 2007, i.e. a time span of 25 years. I am also sure your active imaginations will let you guess what happens in those years.Wink (Of course there will be jumps) But there is another reason for this time setting. A very interesting (at least in my opinion) historic event will occur in this series.

* In addition to your comments on the newest episode, I would also like your feedback on the following:

I am planning this story with two endings in end - one is a traditional, happy ending. The other alternative is a darker, twist ending - not necessarily a happy one. So which would you prefer?

Finally, thanks for all your kind words and valuable comments. Big smile

Edited by selvifanmsia - 30 October 2007 at 6:23pm

pokkiri26

Goldie

pokkiri26

Posted: 30 October 2007 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
here selvi is the link for my first Serial Fiction

1st Serial Fiction by Pokkri

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 31 October 2007 at 1:43am | IP Logged

wow! awesome epi! i like your second idea - the darker ending!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top