SIVANOLI - Serial Fiction (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 13

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 1:11pm | IP Logged

just re-read your chapter and it's totally awesome. why have you stopped updating this story? PMing you.

thamizhan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SIVANOLI - Serial Fiction (Page 4)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Sorry! There was no response to the most recent 2 chapters ... so I thought people had lost interest. I did not bother to check the thread after a while, until Sri PMed me today. So I am now posting the next chapter and hope you guys like it.

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 4:57pm | IP Logged

Episode 9

Indhu realises her sister did not turn up for the omam. She calls up Shree's house and the phone rings for a long time with no one picking up. Finally Shree's 12-year-old daughter picks up the phone and tells her aunty that Amma is ill in bed and can't answer the phone. Indhu tells her niece (Sangheeta) to wait there and she will come immediately.

Indhu arrives at her sister's house and Sangheeta opens the door. Indhu asks where Shree is and the girl leads her to the bedroom where Shree is lying in bed, clearly injured. Indhu is shocked and asks what happened. Shree first tries to lie that she accidentally fell down the stairs. Indhu asks why she didn't go to see a doctor. Shree says it is not a big deal and she would be up and about soon enough. However, while they are talking, Indhu notices Sangheeta standing at the side, looking upset and shaking her head slightly.

She tells her sister to get rest and goes outside the room so that she can talk privately to Sangheeta.

"Did your amma fall down the stairs?"

The girl shakes her head again and whispers, "No ... appa pushed her."

Indhu is horrified. She thinks back to other times when she had suspicions about Shree's husband. "Does - does this happen often?" 

Sangheeta admits it is not the first time. "When appa is angry he will beat amma." She looks tearfully at her aunt. "Are you going to rescue Amma?"

Indhu realizes this is exactly what she must do. She goes back into Shree's room. "You're coming with me," she orders, giving no explanation.

Shree protests weakly, that her husband will be back soon from work and she must cook for him ...

Indhu stares incredulously. "Shree! Stop this nonsense at once. I know what's going on here."

Shree looks away, ashamed. Indhu sits on the bed next to her, makes Shree look at her. She continues, "Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell Appa?"

"Appa would never listen."

"If he knew your husband was abusing you!"

"Appa arranged this marriage. He won't hear anything bad against it. You know how he was, after the other problem, he would never - "

"So you suffered in silence with an abusive husband?" Indhu can hardly believe what her sister is saying.

Shree looks bleak. "There's no other way. What can I do - divorce him?"

"If that's what it comes to, then yes!" Indhu replies, her voice rising "You can't live with that man - that monster!"

"It's easy for you to say, akka. You have a perfect life, a perfect husband, kids, etc"

Indhu shakes her head. "Yarukku enge paranggal ille? What I do know is, sogangal kanneeril karaiyathu.* You are coming with me, like I said. You and your daughter."

Shree protests some more, but Indhu quiets her. "I'll call the driver to help you into the car." Turning to her niece, "Sangheeta, can you show me where all the things are? We need to pack you and your mother necessities for at least a couple of days."

"Akka ..."

Indhu doesn't listen. She walks to the door and calls for the driver. She gives him instructions to take Shree to the car before following Sangheeta upstairs. As Indhu folds some sarees, Sangheeta suddenly hugs her, crying.

"Sangheeta, enna ithu?" Indhu asks, pleased but worried at the same time.

"No one ever cared before," replies Sangheeta. "Neighbours, colleagues ... they could all see, but pretended not to ..."

Indhu hugs her niece as the realization dawns on her - even in a big city like Chennai, you can still be alone ....

thodarum ...

If you guys liked the above chapter, please do comment!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

skanan

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
Will comment it tomorrow morning...I am very sleepy now Sleepy

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 24 October 2007 at 2:12am | IP Logged

great episode!Clap can't wait to read your next episode ...

thamizhan

Hosanna

Goldie

Hosanna

Posted: 24 October 2007 at 3:03am | IP Logged

Thanks Selvi ma. The moral value is a timely reminder to all women who are physically abused. No woman needs to sit and take this treatment from anyone.
Continue, selvi. Transform the Indian woman into a thinking soul and not one who pleads for more beatings as statistics show!

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 24 October 2007 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
It was a sad episode Ouch ....I am glad Indu decided to do something Big smile Dont know why womans keeps quiet about abuseive husbands, that life is not worth it, will affect the kids aswell Ouch

Great episode, Selvifanmsia... Clap
looking forward for the next installment Wink

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 25 October 2007 at 3:12am | IP Logged
hey i discovered this thread just now. great going selvi... ennachu adhukku apparam???? please continue...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top