SIVANOLI - Serial Fiction (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 13

patraj

IF-Dazzler

patraj

Posted: 07 May 2007 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
What is happening to this story?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SIVANOLI - Serial Fiction (Page 3)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kabee

IF-Dazzler

kabee

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
hey welcome 2 the forum. your story is really nice. Compare to those boring drama u story is better. anway keep posting u story

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
Sorry guys, I was busy (still am) so I might not be able to make such regular updates to the story. Anyway here is a short chapter:

Episode 7

Dhivya is wandering through the garden, waiting for her brother to return home. Just then Mahen arrives on his motorbike. She quickly goes up to him and pulls him into the garden away from the house.

"Why are you pulling me here?" asks Mahen.

"Well I can't discuss this in the house. Where have you been?"

"I ...uh ... had a club meeting," he lies.

"Don't tell lies. I know you were at the beach with a girl."

Mahen gets angry. "So now you are following me around!No one made you my babysitter."

"I'm your akka."

"You're only 15 minutes older than me!"

Dhivya glares at him. "I won't let you upset our father."

"He won't get upset by what he doesn't know."

"You think you can hide this from him?"

"At least until I complete my degree. Now I'm not discussing this further with you." He shakes off her hand and walks angrily into the house.

Dhivya looks frustrated. "Aiyo ... the sparks will fly if appa finds out what is causing him not to pay attention in class and get low grades. Enna ithu ... both these boys cannot be trusted. First it was only my cousin, now my brother too!"

Meanwhile Indhu is inside the house and Mahen walks past her angrily.

"Mahen?" she calls. The only reply is the door slamming.

"What is going on here?" she wonders. First I meet that terrible woman Arasi. Then my sister leaves without a word. And now Mahen also! Dhivya, there you are. What is wrong with your brother?"

"I don't know," her daughter replies, looking distracted. She also goes into her room. Indhu looks even more puzzled.

"I thought moving to Chennai would be a good thing for our family, to be close to the children and my husband to have his promotion. But instead everything is a mess!" she thinks aloud.

"What is a mess?" She hears her husband's voice suddenly. She is startled.

"Ennanga, you have come home early from your first day at the office. Is everything alright there?"

"Oh yes, the staff there is all very helpful and efficient, especially my deputy."

"Kathirvelan?" asks Indhu absent-mindedly.

KG looks at his wife curiously. "Yes, why are you acting so strangely all of a sudden? Do you know him from before?"

Indhu is shocked and doesn't know what to say.

thodarum ...

Please do give some comments! TQ

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

skanan

patraj

IF-Dazzler

patraj

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 8:37am | IP Logged
The suspense is building up! Good continuity. Look forward to the next chapter.

Pat

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 26 May 2007 at 9:02am | IP Logged

Sorry for this long delay. I hope I have not lost my audience. Please give a shout-out if you are still here. The next episode onwards I will try a different format to the story-telling.

Episode 8

After some initial hesitation, Indhu reveals the truth to her husband. She reminds him how, before they were married, he had been told that she had an engagement which was broken off.

"Yes, you told me about it at the time," agrees KG.

"But you did not ask me for further details," replies Indhu.

"It was only an engagement, ma. I thought it didn't matter. What connection does all this have to my deputy, Kathir?" asks KG.

Indhu takes a deep breath and then tells the full story.

(flashback)

At the age of 19, she had been engaged to Kathirvelan. At the time he was studying for IAS. Her father, who had never been rich but always status-conscious, wanted to arrange a good marriage for her.

However, Arasi who was Indhu's childhood rival, had also set her sights on Kathirvelan to become the wife of an IAS officer. Arasi was the only child of wealthy parents. She persuaded them to offer a bigger dowry to Kathirvelan's parents. His parents, blinded by wealth, succumbed and broke off their son's engagement to Indhu.

Kathirvelan came back from Chennai having secured a job there and, after marrying Arasi, moved to Chennai. Meanwhile Indhu's father managed to arrange another marriage for her this time to a young Sri Lankan, who would later become her husband. KG, although his family was well-placed in Sri Lanka, was not expected to make it to a high position in the IAS unlike Kathirvelan.

(end of flashback)

But 23 years later, Indhu is the one whose husband is Kathirvelan's boss. Obviously this has angered Arasi, who is used to having her own way.

Having told this tale to her husband, Indhu awaits his response.

"Enna ma, ithu oru puthu kulappam. Is it awkward for you that my deputy is your former fianc?" asks KG worriedly.

"No, that is not what I am worried about. Kathir was not to blame; his parents were greedy for money. He hardly knew what was going on, since he was studying in Chennai away from the marriage arrangements in Tirunelvelli. He just tied the thali as his parents wished."

"Then what is it you are worried about?" asks KG.

"Arasi she will try to make trouble, I know it. Ava pollathava ... Anyone who crosses her path, she will make their lives miserable."

KG shakes his head. "How can this type of people still survive?"

"Money. That is what makes the world go round," observes Indhu sadly.

"Yes, for people who do not understand the value of love above money. But our relationship and our family are not built on money, but affection. We'll see whatever this Arasi does, we can face it together." KG tries to reassure Indhu. Husband and wife share a smile together.

Dhivya comes down at that moment and smiles to see her parents happy together.

"What is this, you two are still lovebirds at your age?" she teases. Indhu and her husband look a little embarrassed, and then they all laugh.

thodarum ...

Please tell me what you think. Thanks!

Edited by selvifanmsia - 26 May 2007 at 9:04am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

skanan

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 30 May 2007 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
No one has replied to my last chapter Cry If you are all still here, please do post a comment. I have decided to write out the complete plot of this story first (starting from where we left off in Episode 8),
so that you can all decide whether or not I should write it out fully at a later date. Your thoughts are welcomed. Please and thank you!Smile

Arasi bribes the secretary working at KG's office to do what she wants implicate KG in a misappropriation of funds meant for the poor. She hopes that this will get him sacked and at the same time her husband will be promoted to the directorate.

Indhu, being new to Chennai, asks her sister to show her a temple where she can go regularly to pray. Shree, although scared of her husband, doesn't want her sister to know anything is going on. So she sneaks out and takes Indhu to a Sivan temple. The priest there is clearly drawn to Indhu from the very beginning and tells her she has a bright future but there are those who do not want her to succeed. Shree excuses herself to go home before her husband gets home, and the priest tells Indhu that there is something wrong with Shree's home life. Indhu starts to get her first doubts about her brother-in-law. But Shree denies it every time Indhu brings up the topic. Indhu promises to get to the bottom of the matter.

Meanwhile, an engineering student named Raj sees Dhivya and falls in love with her. His friends tell him that she is way out of his league. Not only is her father is an IAS officer but she is known to be a very virtuous girl with no plans for love. Nevertheless Raj wants to meet her.

Dhivya complains to her best friend, Swetha, about her brother's antics which are getting worse by the day. He is lying more often to their parents and his studies are not going well. Dhivya's cousin Thava (who is in love with her) comes by and sees a way to impress Dhivya. He says he will talk to Mahen and persuade not to pursue a romance at this time. Dhivya says she will believe it when she sees it. Thava is too focused on Dhivya that he fails to notice Swetha is very shy when he is around (hint: she is in love with him).

Two months have gone by and KG is settling into his new job when his superior visits. He says there is a mistake in the accounting and several lakhs of funds meant to go to the poor have gone missing. KG is worried because this is the first major problem since the start of his administration of the department. He tells Indhu who can't help wondering if Arasi is involved.

Meanwhile Indhu decides to have an omam in their new home and calls the priest from the Sivan temple. KG's secretary comes to collect his signature on a document during the omam and the priest notes a bad aura which he mentions to Indhu. Arasi also turns up uninvited and tells Indhu not to flaunt the fact that she is the mistress of the Director's mansion because by the same time next year, she (Arasi) will be the queen there. Indhu later sees the secretary act strangely when he sees Arasi there. Indhu begins to put two and two together ...

thodarum ...

Hosanna

Goldie

Hosanna

Posted: 25 July 2007 at 7:08am | IP Logged
I wonder why there's no response?

patraj

IF-Dazzler

patraj

Posted: 27 July 2007 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Selvi(I hope you don't mind me calling you so), a wonderful and gripping story. Full of suspense. Please do continue. You have a great flair for writing and this is a treat for people like me who love to read.

Clap Clap Clap

Pat

Post Reply New Post

Go to top