Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 13

Page 1
Page   of 13
Page 3 Page 13

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 3:22am | IP Logged
Pat, you are right. Otherwise one day I will turn on my TV to watch a new drama and be thinking "this story seems very familiar indeed." Wink Thanks for the compliment.

Episode 4

OFFICE
KG enters his new office. The staff are gathered there to meet their new boss. The deputy director, Kathirvelan, presents him with a garland and shows him to the director's office.

"We are very happy to have you here with us, sir. Hopefully you can improve the efficiency of our department. If you need anything, please call me, my office is next to yours."

"Thank you very much." Kathir leaves from there and KG looks around his new office.

Kathir goes into his own office next door. A woman, dressed expensively in a silk saree and a lot of jewellery, is waiting there for him.(I suggest the actress who plays the evil Swarna in SURYA)

"So you have welcomed your new boss, have you? What a wonderful achievement! How many years you have worked here as deputy and this Tirunelvelli man comes to take the top job instead of you! And you are here showing him around the office like you are good friends."

"Arasi, why must you be like this all the time?"

His wife glares at him. "If you had been promoted to director, I wouldn't have to complain. When I married you, everyone said you will get a high posting. But here we are 25 years later, and I am still the wife of a deputy!"

"Greed is a vice, Arasi," Kathir advises his wife. "You already have so much money from your parents. Why can't you be happy?"

"I want a position! I want to be the wife of a department head! You won't understand; you have no ambition." She leaves from there angrily. Kathir watches sadly.

HOUSE
Indhu is being helped by her younger sister to unpack a box of framed photographs. Indhu smiles as she picks up one of the photos.

"Shree, look at this photo of the twins when they were younger. How fast they have grown up."

Shree takes the photo from her and looks at it.

Indhu says, "Your daughter too must have grown a lot since we last saw her. You should have come down to Tirunelvelli more often, ma, with your husband and daughter."

Shree turns pale but manages to say, "My husband is very busy, akka, that's why we couldn't find any time to come to Tirunelvelli."

"Enna, so busy not to visit even your father and siblings." Then Indhu sees the clock. "Oh it is almost lunchtime. I was going to take lunch to my husband at his office."

"Okay, akka, I will finish unpacking these. You go ahead."

"Thanks, ma." Indhu takes a tiffin-carrier and leaves from there.

Shree looks at the framed photo of Indhu, her husband and their children smiling and sighs.

She says to herself, "What a happy family akka has, but I mustn't put the evil eye on her.After all akka has done so much to bring up our brother and I after amma died."

Outside she hears some commotion. She goes out to see the house watchman is struggling with a man. The man's appearance is dishevelled and he looks like a drunk. The watchman is telling him he cannot go into the house.

Shree comes there and the man spots her. "Ennadi, inga vanthu you are hoping to escape from me, is it?" he shouts.

Shree looks around worried the neighbours will here the commotion.

"Appadi ille, I came to visit my sister."

"Periya akka! You're not to visit here without my permission. Now you come home with me." He drags her by the arm. Shree is reluctant but doesn't want to create a scene. They both leave from there.

OFFICE

Indhu gets out from the car at her husband's new office and admires the big building. She goes in and tells the clerk, "I am Mrs Sivanoli, I wanted to see ..."

Before she can finish, the clerk says. "Welcome madam. Your husband is in his office at the end of the hall."

"Oh, thank you." She finds the office.

"Ennanga, I brought you a packed lunch."

"Indhu, you shouldn't have. I would have eaten lunch at a hotel."

"I know how you prefer home-cooked food."

"Thanks. But you could have just sent it with the driver."

"Ille, I thought I would see you in your new office as well. It's much bigger and better staffed than in Tirunelvelli."

"Yes. Ok, I will eat later and bring the tiffin-carrier home."

"All right. The driver is waiting, I must go home. My sister is there as well."

She exits the office. At the same time Arasi is coming back because she has left her keys in her husband's room. They both bump into each other. Indhu starts to say sorry, then realizes who she has bumped into. So does Arasi.

They both stare at each other...

Thodarum ...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SIVANOLI - Serial Fiction (Page 2)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

patraj

IF-Dazzler

patraj

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 6:32am | IP Logged
Thanks Selvifanmsia, the suspense is building up! Can't stand it. Good Chapter.

Pat

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 20 April 2007 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Episode 5

Arasi recovers from her shock first.
"You! What are you doing here?"

Slowly, Indhu says, "Bringing lunch to my husband."

"Your husband?" Arasi's eyes go to the director's office door behind Indhu and she is shocked.

"Your husband - is the new director?"

Indhu nods. "And your husband is the deputy, Kathirvelan. What a strange twist of fate, isn't it?"

Arasi shakes her head angrily. "No! No! This cannot be!"

Indhu manages to stop herself from smiling. "It does seem to be that way. It's interesting how your past deeds come back to haunt you."

"Ille! I will NOT be defeated by you. This is not the end. This is only the beginning."

Indhu stares at her. "Arasi, give it up already. This is how God has destined ..."

"Do not talk to me of God! My will is like His. You wait and see, before the year ends, I will have your place!" She walks off angrily.

Indhu watches her go and thinks to herself. "Enna ithu puthu prachanai. This woman who I hoped never to see again, actually has a husband who is my vithukarar's deputy."

Indhu arrives back at her house and looks around for her sister. "Where did Shree go? I thought I asked her to stay and have lunch?"

Indhu asks the servant girl who says Shree has gone home. Indhu goes to phone Shree's house.

In Shree's house she is holding her daughter and sitting on the stairs. The phone rings and she gets up to take the phone but her husband stops her.

"Enga pora di?"

"Phone ..." she starts to say.

"As if your morning outing wasn't enough. You sit there and I will take the call." He picks up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Who is that?"

"Oh, mapillay? It is Shree's akka, Indhu. She came here earlier but went home before I came back from the office. I wanted to talk to her."

"She isn't at home."

"Oh ... when will she be back?"

"I don't know."

"Ok ... I will call later then."

Shree's husband rudely puts down the phone. Indhu stares at it for a moment. "Why is he so abrupt?" she wonders.

Back in Shree's house, her husband puts the phone off the hook.

"Now we will see... you won't go running to your akka." He glares at his scared wife who holds their daughter tightly.

Thodarum ...

patraj

IF-Dazzler

patraj

Posted: 20 April 2007 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Thanks Selvifanmsia. Is Shree being abused by her husband? I hope Indu finds out and put things right!

Pat

Wingy

Wingy

Posted: 20 April 2007 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
Hi Selvifanmsia, you stroy seems to be getting more n more interesting. More like a screen play. Very nice. Hope to see more.

usha_pooja

IF-Dazzler

usha_pooja

Posted: 22 April 2007 at 4:31am | IP Logged
yh i agree its a nice story!!! Keep it up!

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 23 April 2007 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Thanks guys for all your nice compliments Embarrassed And here is the next part.

Episode 6

In a beautiful and grand mansion, Arasi paces up and down the hall furiously.

"Eppadi? How could this happen? That woman is not only here, but as the Director's wife! Avamanamthan enakku. I will not let this humiliation stand. It's all the fault of that useless husband of mine! If he had been a bit more ambitious, when I told him to seek the top job ... and now HER husband has the job! And all the glory to HER!!!" Arasi screams to herself.

"Enna nadukkuthu amma?" A young woman walks into the hall - none other than Hema, the girlfriend of Indhu's son Mahen. (But neither woman realizes this, of course!)

Still in a foul mood, Arasi snaps at her daughter. "Where have you been? College ended almost 2 hours ago."

Hema lies, "I had some coursework to do, so I went to my friend's house." Then quickly changing the topic, she says "But what were you shouting about just now, talking to yourself?"

"That doesn't concern you. Just because your father gives you so much chellam doesn't mean you can question my. Go to your room and study."

Hema scowls and goes off. Arasi resumes her polumbufying. "No ... she will not get away with it. I will find a way to make my husband director." Then she smiles cunningly. An idea has come to mind. She picks up the phone and calls her driver.

"Driver? I need to go to my husband's office immediately!"

MEDICAL COLLEGE

Indhu's daughter Dhivya is standing outside her college, deep in thought, wondering what to do about her brother. Just then her cousin Thava (the only son of Indhu's brother and Dhivya's cousin) comes by.

"Dhivya? Why are you waiting alone here? Let me send you back to your house on my way to my hostel."

When she sees him, Dhivya's face changes and she looks annoyed. "Never mind, my father will send the car. Anyway your hostel is not on the way to my house."

"Aiyo ... even this small thing I cannot do for you."

Dhivya is even more irritated. "Stop talking like that. I already told you, I am not going to marry you! That is just some silly outdated tradition of marriage between cousins, which I don't believe in."

"Dhivya, don't say things like that. I enrolled in this college so that I can be close to you."

"Chi! No wonder your grades are so poor. To do medicine you must have passion for the profession, to save lives."

"My passion is all for something else, Dhivya. Why don't you understand that?"

Dhivya looks disgusted. "You don't know the time and place to discuss these things! Here I am so worried about Mahen and you are proclaiming your love for me."

"Why, what is the matter with your brother?"

"He is chasing after some rich girl ... I don't know her name but I know my father will not be pleased to hear of it. He already told Mahen to concentrate on his studies."

"But it's his life, Dhivya. You can't be the overbearing akka, that will only annoy him."

Dhivya looks determined. "You don't have to give me advice. I will find some way before appa finds out!"

The car has arrived and Dhivya gets in without replying Thava's goodbye. Thava stands alone in the road looking morose.

Thodarum ...

Edited by selvifanmsia - 23 April 2007 at 4:19am

patraj

IF-Dazzler

patraj

Posted: 23 April 2007 at 7:38am | IP Logged
Thanks selvifanmsia.

Pat

Post Reply New Post

Go to top