Page 12 of 13

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 01 March 2008 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Nice going on SC Big smile

Like Kavi said, Indu will make it Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SIVANOLI - Serial Fiction (Page 12)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 4:53am | IP Logged
Thanks dear Embarrassed

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 06 April 2008 at 11:55am | IP Logged

I am truly sorry ... even after my promise to update soon it has been over ten days ... anyway I hope you enjoy the new episode below Smile

I am adding a "Previously on Sivanoli" section at the top of each new episode so that you can easily catch up with what's going on, especially after long breaks in the storytelling! Wink

Edited by selvifanmsia - 18 April 2008 at 4:35pm

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 18 April 2008 at 4:05pm | IP Logged

Previously on Sivanoli ...

Indhu is surprised but delighted to see her best friend back in town after many years, with luggage in hand. Her archenemy Arasi wonders why Katie has returned so suddenly, and calls up her son in the US for more details. Meanwhile the Welfare Minister asks Indhu to stand for election as the chief trustee of the Tamil Nadu Welfare Foundation.

And now ...

Episode 19

At the Sivanoli guesthouse, Katie finished talking on the phone with the principal of the school where Indhu's niece Sangheeta was studying. The principal had agreed to accept Katie's young son Daniel as a student at the school.

"Finally, that's one problem taken care of," sighs Katie in relief as she put down the phone. Just then the doorbell rang. "Now who can that be?" she wonders. "No one but Indhu and her family know I am here, and they don't need to ring the doorbell; this guesthouse is attached to their home after all."

Of course, Katie was wrong. Someone else had learned of her return to Chennai, and that someone had put the knowledge and her connections in the United States to good use.

Katie let out a gasp as she opened the door and saw the visitor standing on the doorstep. "Arasi!"

Arasi smiles, cattily. "Indeed Katie, it is I. How long it is since I saw you last?"

Katie looks at her visitor with disdain. "What are you doing here?"

Arasi brushes past her into the living room of the guesthouse. "Can't I visit an old friend?"

"Friend? Hardly," says Katie coldly. "You'd better get out before Indhu returns; this guesthouse is her property."

"Ah, yes ...Indhu. Tell me, where is our dear mutual friend?" says Arasi breezily, ignoring Katie's pointed remarks.

"If you must know, at this very moment she's probably being inducted into the Tamil Nadu Welfare Foundation's board of trustees." Katie was pleased to see the effect this piece of news had on Arasi.

Arasi's eyes narrow. She snaps, "Well, she's already made an early effort for the post I see. Running a refuge for emancipated wives in her own home!"

Katie turns pale. "What ... what are you talking about?"

"Oh, don't pretend you don't know. First her sister, and now you." Arasi makes a big show of putting her hand to her mouth. "Oh, that's right. No one in Chennai knows that, after twenty years of marriage, your husband decided to leave you for another woman, do they?"

Katie freezes in shock.

Meanwhile ...

At the welfare foundation's headquarters, a different confrontation plays out. Mr Srinivasan, one of the board's senior members is infuriated to learn he has an opponent for the previously uncontested Chairman's position.

"Who dares challenge me?" he roars angrily at his assistant, who cowers in front of his boss. "The Chair is mine by right!"

A mild voice from behind him says, "It's hardly a matter of rights, Srinivasan."

Mr S turns around quickly to see the Minister, Moorthy. He quickly adopts a mockingly polite tone - it's clear there is no love lost between the two men. "Good morning, Minister. I didn't expect to see you turn up in person for our, er, little elections."

"The election for Chair of the Welfare Foundation's board of trustees is no little affair in my book," retorts the Minister.

Srinivasan eyes KG, who is standing next to the minister. "Is this your candidate for the chairman's seat?" he asks Moorthy.

The minister shakes his head. "No, actually it's his wife, Indhu."

Mr S sputters, "A woman?!?!"

The Minister gazes coolly at Mr S. "Certainly. Do you have a problem with that?"

"No, no, of course not," Mr S says quickly. But once he turns away he smiles to himself. "A woman! There's no way the trustees will elect a woman to chair their meetings! The post is as good as mine."

Indhu looks worriedly at her husband and the minister. "Is he going to be contesting the chairperson's position as well?" The minister nods his confirmation. "But surely he has the advantage ..."

"Nonsense, Indhu," says Moorthy brusquely. "I'm convinced the board will realize the virtue of intelligence and aim over empty talk. For that is all Srinivasan is, all bluster and no action. Under his leadership, the foundation will be run into the ground within a month!"

Indhu wants to say something, but at that moment the Mistress of Ceremonies calls for everyone's attention. "Please adjourn to the Conference Room. The election will begin shortly." The crowd starts to file into the hall.

KG takes his wife's hand comfortingly. "Come Indhu, let's go in."

Before she enters the threshold of the conference room Indhu raises her eyes to the heavens and prays silently, "Andava! Please let there be a good conclusion to the day's events."

thodarum ...

The original reason for Katie's return to India was different ... but I decided it was too scandalous Tongue

Edited by selvifanmsia - 18 April 2008 at 4:38pm

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 20 April 2008 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Another good part SC and I like that previously on Sivanoli part Clap

I hope Indhu will win the election Big smile What is the problem between Katies and Arase?

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 21 April 2008 at 5:16am | IP Logged
Clap Clap Clap Interesting dear.... good job Embarrassed

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 21 April 2008 at 6:45am | IP Logged
great going selvi...scadalous makes the story interesting and controversial....but then no matter how scandalous the story is...it does not seem so when you tone down the words... Wink

selvifanmsia

selvifanmsia

Posted: 21 April 2008 at 8:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by meli

What is the problem between Katies and Arase?

Katie is just sticking up for her best friend, Indhu. All three went to school together, and Katie knows how Arasi caused Indhu's engagement to Kathirvelan to be broken off. Arasi is trying to use the information she learnt from US to blackmail Katie to bring about Indhu's downfall from within her own household Ouch

Post Reply New Post

Go to top