Frequent Posters

netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
👏 👏 👏 Interesting dear.... good job 😳
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
great going selvi...scadalous makes the story interesting and controversial....but then no matter how scandalous the story is...it does not seem so when you tone down the words... 😉
selvifanmsia thumbnail

Originally posted by: meli

What is the problem between Katies and Arase?

Katie is just sticking up for her best friend, Indhu. All three went to school together, and Katie knows how Arasi caused Indhu's engagement to Kathirvelan to be broken off. Arasi is trying to use the information she learnt from US to blackmail Katie to bring about Indhu's downfall from within her own household

selvifanmsia thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Previously on Sivanoli ...

Indhu's childhood friend is shocked when her rival Arasi reveals that she knows the true reason for Katie's return to India. Meanwhile Indhu meets her opponent for the chief post in the Tamil Nadu Welfare Foundation.

And now ...

Episode 20

At the Sivanoli guesthouse, Katie stares at Arasi, horrified. Finally she finds her voice. "What nonsense are you talking? Where did you get this -"

Arasi holds up a hand to silence her. "Don't deny it. I asked my son in the States to do a bit of investigating and he told me the whole story." Arasi smiles mockingly at Katie. "He says your husband has even had a child by his mistress - an 8 year old girl. Tell me, how old is your younger son?"

Katie reels back as if she has been slapped. "No - it's all lies - lies!"

"Really?" asks Arasi. "Then why haven't you gone to visit your family? They're here in Chennai after all. Or are you afraid they will not be as gullible as our dear friend Indhu? Horrified to learn their beloved daughter's marriage to an American mapillai had collapsed in such a spectacular fashion?"

Katie, feeling sick, sits on the sofa. All her efforts to hide the truth had been torn apart by Arasi. "You aren't going to tell them?" she asks finally.

"Oh, that depends ... How far are you willing to go to keep your friend and family from learning the truth?"

"I won't be your spy in my friend's household if that's what you think!" shouts Katie.

Arasi shakes her head. "That's no problem. Let me see ... I think I have your parents' house phone number here somewhere ..."

"Stop!" Katie grabs the handbag from Arasi. Defeated she asks, "What is it that you want?"

Arasi smiles contentedly. "Now you're talking my language."

Meanwhile at the Welfare Foundation headquarters ...

Indhu reaches the tail end of her campaign speech: "While I understand some of you may have concerns electing me to this position due to my limited experience, I urge you to reconsider. This foundation has an aim - to better the welfare of the underpriveleged people in this state. To work towards this aim a person needs just two things - an open heart and able hands. I believe I will be able to supply these two criteria. I do not intend to stay in my office all day, signing off on paperwork. No, I intend to be on the frontlines of this foundation's aid efforts, to be involved in the day-to-day running of our many orphanages and welfare homes. That is what this foundation is about, and if you believe in that aim as well, then I can hope for you to vote responsibly. Thank you."

The assembled board members applauded politely as Indhu left the stage and returned to her seat between her husband and the Welfare Minister.

"Did that go well?" she whispers to KG.

"It was a marvelous speech considering how unprepared you were to give it," replies her husband.

The minister Moorthy gestures towards the stage. "Now it's that fellow Srinivasan's turn to speak - let's see what he has to say."

Mr Srinivasan takes the podium. "Good morning my fellow trustees. I know I was supposed to give the first speech, but I respectfully gave up that spot for a lady." Srinivasan made sure to emphasize the word 'lady'.

"My friends, I need no introduction to most of you. We have had a long and fruitful working relationship since I joined this board 6 years ago. In that time, the foundation has undertaken several great projects. I have been good friends with our late chairman and he was gracious enough to allow me pivotal roles in guaranteeing the success of those projects."

At this point in Srinivasan's speech the Mistress of Ceremonies looks like she wants to say something, but stops herself. Srinivasan continues:

"My contributions to the foundation don't require further elaboration - indeed they are too many to name. So I will end my speech with the reminder that, contrary to my opponent's views, experience and connections are the most crucial elements for leadership. With that - thank you, and may the best man win!" Mr S exits the stage to applause from his supporters.

Moorthy observes, "Well that was a short speech. He didn't eleborate on his supposed numerous contributions, nor did he outline his plans for the foundation's future."

"And he ended with a declaration that clearly indicated his confidence of winning - after all he is the only man standing for election," adds KG dryly.

"But they may well vote for him," worries Indhu. "After all, he has been on the board for years, and he is sure to have his supporters among them."

"Well, it's no use thinking of all that. It's time for the vote," says Moorthy as the next person handed him the ballot box. The minister dropped his voting slip into it and passed it on. "We'll know the results as soon as the MC finishes her counting."

Indhu watches anxiously as the MC adjourns to another room with an assistant to count the votes.

Who will win?

Thodarum ...

In the next episode:  KG comes up with a solution to the results of the election. Meanwhile Katie's suspicious behavior draws Indhu's attention when her brother visits.

Edited by selvifanmsia - 15 years ago
netra_rama thumbnail
Thanks dear.... This arasi is so mean 😡
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Indhu will win 😃

That was a nice chapter SC 👏
hope you will update the next part soon 😃
selvifanmsia thumbnail

Dear readers,

There will not be an Episode 21. This is probably upsetting to those of you who are following this story, and for that I apologize. But before you resign yourself to this story not having a proper conclusion, let me put your minds at ease:

This is NOT the end. I will be telling this story again - from the beginning. Many of the characters will remain the same, but some of the subplots will be changed and (hopefully) lead to a more satisfactory overall story. The problem I faced was that I had written myself into a corner by applying ideas that did not lend themselves well to the greater scheme of things. I just did not like the direction the story had taken.

This is a problem I hope to overcome in the new version of the story, which will be in a different format from the current one. Hopefully, you will find it more enjoyable than this version.

Thank you for following this story until Episode 20, and I hope you will join me for "Sivanoli: Version 2".

Fond regards,
S.C.

P.S. In case you are wondering, Indhu did win the election - by just one vote. Unfortunately, that was not the end of the matter... but more on that in V2.

Edited by selvifanmsia - 15 years ago
netra_rama thumbnail
No prob yar. Carry on with the following naa 😳