Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 3 Page 7

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 13 April 2007 at 6:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ELAS101

I totally support the fact that it is wrong for animals to be kept in filthy conditions and be forced to do things that they don't want to by humans, but I have been to the Bronx zoo and many of the animals there are fine in their habitats. I think that we harbor a bit of a romantic idea towards animals in the wild, I mean if these animals that you see in zoos were out in the wild they would be struggling for their life every day. Also there are many cases where animals have been let free from the zoo, but they almost always come back. This may be just because they get food there. The wild is a very brutal place for the animals to live, so I think that living in a zoo may be good for some of the animals like the endangered species. What do you guys think?

some zoos are made similar to their habitats so these animals are ok but the zoos where animals are caged is not ok, they are depriving them from their freedom to move around Confused

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Caged Animals... (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gorgeous_Rosa

IF-Rockerz

Gorgeous_Rosa

Posted: 13 April 2007 at 6:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Hope not dicussed previously...Embarrassed

good post anshuman...Clap

Not talking about animal conservation sanctuaries where animals are preserved, specially the extinct ones... am talking about Zoo's - commercial animal torture houses.

Here main focus is to earn money and poor animals. Hve you ever visited Toronto's zoo... filth all over, animals look starved... why this toture.

i dont saw that zoo......but...
I think good zoo's can be educational, build public awareness and interest in a species, and breeding programs can help save endangered species. On the other hand, I think performing animals are being exploited and the travelling ones are the worst..torturing animals ,the worst thing in some zoos...and one more thing why do we have interest in watching discovery channel..it's nature.?andd we have to protect animals....for that only option is zoo...with well organized ppl..

Imagine elephant era where humans are captive for display.. wow what a feeling.

it's impossible....but it's true...cant imagine

Have you ever thought of what the animals there are going through before comment it was fun.

nooo..it's not fun....and never..performing animals.....no need to do all those things

Should captivity of animals in cages be banned? , give atleast some free in the name of conservation...

yeah....i support banning cages..i say this is not right and animals deserve their freedom even in the zoo ..

Should animals be forced to be used for commercial purposes like circus?

noooo......but  ....it still happens...Because people still find animals in circuses entertaining, so there's a market for it. And people will exploit that market...besides the cruelty of people that keep forcing animals to perform and look ridicoulous , what worries me is the also the people who bring their children to the circus.
because at the end of the day circuses are made for children right? and i find appalling that parents do not have enough brain to teach their children to LOVE animals.

I think the circus is wrong,and wish they would be stopped too. First of all,the conditions are so poor in which those animals have to live in...
.They arent clean and live in those cramped cages.They make them do stupid tricks and probably torture them to get them to do it

these days......im eating brains i guess...ConfusedLOLLOL

Gorgeous_Rosa

IF-Rockerz

Gorgeous_Rosa

Posted: 13 April 2007 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raunaq

Originally posted by ELAS101

I totally support the fact that it is wrong for animals to be kept in filthy conditions and be forced to do things that they don't want to by humans, but I have been to the Bronx zoo and many of the animals there are fine in their habitats. I think that we harbor a bit of a romantic idea towards animals in the wild, I mean if these animals that you see in zoos were out in the wild they would be struggling for their life every day. Also there are many cases where animals have been let free from the zoo, but they almost always come back. This may be just because they get food there. The wild is a very brutal place for the animals to live, so I think that living in a zoo may be good for some of the animals like the endangered species. What do you guys think?

some zoos are made similar to their habitats so these animals are ok but the zoos where animals are caged is not ok, they are depriving them from their freedom to move around Confused

yeah......zoos should be made without any cages... am i correct raunaqwa...LOLWink

vazz

Goldie

vazz

Posted: 13 April 2007 at 7:38am | IP Logged
My kids wanted to see the circus with their friends and I told them, that I would not be sending them. Then came the interesting discussion on why.. it took my husband and me just a few minutes, to explain why...by taking the example of our dog. My kids had just watched the movie Duma few weeks ago and that helped them think more too...
As far as zoos go.. I personally dont like the caged structure.. seeing the Lion Safari in Banerghetta, B'lore was fun as a kid.. but hated the Zoo. If only we can have more space and provide a more natural habitat for a few of the animals, it would be good.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 13 April 2007 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Anshu yaar I am caged animal too since i relate to this song

I can't escape this hell
So many times i've tried
But i'm still caged inside
Somebody get me through this nightmare
I can't control myself

So what if you can see the darkest side of me?
No one will ever change this animal I have become
Help me believe it's not the real me
Somebody help me tame this animal I have become
But there's still rage inside
I can't control myself

Somebody help me tame this animal

Somebody help me through this nightmare
I can't control myself
Somebody wake me from this nightmare
I can't escape this hell

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 13 April 2007 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

I can't escape this hell
So many times i've tried
I can't control myself

I can't control myself

I can't control myself
I can't escape this hell

Clap Clap Clap very nice song but when do you turn into werewolf? full moon or half moon? Ermm

Edited by raunaq - 13 April 2007 at 10:55am

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 13 April 2007 at 10:59am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raunaq

I can't escape this hell
So many times i've tried
I can't control myself

I can't control myself

I can't control myself
I can't escape this hell

Clap Clap Clap very nice song but when do you turn into werewolf? full moon or half moon? Ermm

just the phases of the sun affect me nothing else not the moon...LOL

Incidentally this is last years billboard......#1

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 13 April 2007 at 11:20am | IP Logged

I can't escape this hell
So many times i've tried
I can't control myself

Qwertooo.... OMG ..3rd time this week you have been reciting songs..Tongue. You are walking Itunes on DM..!!! Just tell me what station on Itunes I should tune to ..LOL  I like your choice of songs...Thumbs Up

Edited by lighthouse - 13 April 2007 at 11:20am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top