Posted: 16 years ago

Hope not dicussed previously...😳

Not talking about animal conservation sanctuaries where animals are preserved, specially the extinct ones... am talking about Zoo's - commercial animal torture houses.

Here main focus is to earn money and poor animals. Hve you ever visited Toronto's zoo... filth all over, animals look starved... why this toture.

Imagine elephant era where humans are captive for display.. wow what a feeling.

Have you ever thought of what the animals there are going through before comment it was fun.

Should captivity of animals in cages be banned? , give atleast some free in the name of conservation...

Should animals be forced to be used for commercial purposes like circus?

Originally posted by raj5000

Not sure..Doesn't matter..πŸ˜›

Not talking about animal conservation sanctuaries where animals are preserved, specially the extinct ones... am talking about Zoo's - commercial animal torture houses.

Here main focus is to earn money and poor animals. Hve you ever visited Toronto's zoo... filth all over, animals look starved... why this toture.

Nope..Did not visit that zoo..But visited the Zoos in Bronx,NY and also in Singapore,Bangalore and Hyderabad..More than anything else, what struck me is- why should those animals be kept behind the bars like that😭...Its really sad...Proves to say that human beings are dangerous than even some of those carnivorous animals...🀒

True...

Have you ever thought of what the animals there are going through before comment it was fun.

Zoos used to be truly fun for me, until it dawned on me that they are also living beings just like I am and would like to be free just like I do..

Should captivity of animals in cages be banned? , give atleast some free in the name of conservation...

I support that...

No...

U can watch planet of the apes with my husband, cos i refuse to πŸ˜†

I never found it fun.. even as a kid.  making elephant sit on a stool??  why???? whats so funny in that.. 

Oh.. that would be awesome

No.  But then we can say the same about the children and the risky stunts and the business of circus and then we are talking economy that I don't understand.

Okay now,
1. Please promise not to hate me..  and
2. Please don't close this topic. 
We love all the questions you provide for guidelines..   But here is the special link πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰  πŸ˜†πŸ˜† ... just for u..  http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=534220&K W=cage
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

1. Please promise not to hate me..  and
2. Please don't close this topic. 
We love all the questions you provide for guidelines..   But here is the special link πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰  πŸ˜†πŸ˜† ... just for u..  http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=534220&K W=cage

QT, Thanks for your kindest excavating skills πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
LOL Raksha.. I even get PM requests sometimes when ppl are looking for threads and I am not making this stuff up ..
🀣 🀣
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

LOL Raksha.. I even get PM requests sometimes when ppl are looking for threads and I am not making this stuff up ..
🀣 🀣

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..I can believe thatπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
circus animal might seem fun for people and kids but it is not funny. they go through a lot of torture to entertain people. i guess there is no need to cage animals.
I totally support the fact that it is wrong for animals to be kept in filthy conditions and be forced to do things that they don't want to by humans, but I have been to the Bronx zoo and many of the animals there are fine in their habitats. I think that we harbor a bit of a romantic idea towards animals in the wild, I mean if these animals that you see in zoos were out in the wild they would be struggling for their life every day. Also there are many cases where animals have been let free from the zoo, but they almost always come back. This may be just because they get food there. The wild is a very brutal place for the animals to live, so I think that living in a zoo may be good for some of the animals like the endangered species. What do you guys think?
Originally posted by ELAS101

I totally support the fact that it is wrong for animals to be kept in filthy conditions and be forced to do things that they don't want to by humans, but I have been to the Bronx zoo and many of the animals there are fine in their habitats. I think that we harbor a bit of a romantic idea towards animals in the wild, I mean if these animals that you see in zoos were out in the wild they would be struggling for their life every day. Also there are many cases where animals have been let free from the zoo, but they almost always come back. This may be just because they get food there. The wild is a very brutal place for the animals to live, so I think that living in a zoo may be good for some of the animals like the endangered species. What do you guys think?

some zoos are made similar to their habitats so these animals are ok but the zoos where animals are caged is not ok, they are depriving them from their freedom to move around πŸ˜•

good post anshuman...πŸ‘

i dont saw that zoo......but...
I think good zoo's can be educational, build public awareness and interest in a species, and breeding programs can help save endangered species. On the other hand, I think performing animals are being exploited and the travelling ones are the worst..torturing animals ,the worst thing in some zoos...and one more thing why do we have interest in watching discovery channel..it's nature.?andd we have to protect animals....for that only option is zoo...with well organized ppl..

it's impossible....but it's true...cant imagine

nooo..it's not fun....and never..performing animals.....no need to do all those things

yeah....i support banning cages..i say this is not right and animals deserve their freedom even in the zoo ..

noooo......but  ....it still happens...Because people still find animals in circuses entertaining, so there's a market for it. And people will exploit that market...besides the cruelty of people that keep forcing animals to perform and look ridicoulous , what worries me is the also the people who bring their children to the circus.
because at the end of the day circuses are made for children right? and i find appalling that parents do not have enough brain to teach their children to LOVE animals.

I think the circus is wrong,and wish they would be stopped too. First of all,the conditions are so poor in which those animals have to live in...
.They arent clean and live in those cramped cages.They make them do stupid tricks and probably torture them to get them to do it

these days......im eating brains i guess...πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜†