Harry Potter

Dumbledore's family

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

tuni

tuni

Posted: 22 July 2005 at 1:55pm | IP Logged

hi everyone 

i just couldn't help but wonder. does Dumbledore have a family? there is no mention of his background. the only thing we do know is that he has a brother named Aberforth or something like that. Do you think he has children he's old enough to have great-grandchildren.what do you guys think?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dumbledore's family" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Anya-Hitomi

Anya-Hitomi

Posted: 22 July 2005 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

IF - and that's a big IF, mind you - Dumbledore had ever married and had children, they were either too non-descript or are dead or turned evil or there was just another reason for them to not attend his funeral.

All in all, I don't think that he has a family to talk about as such... I mean there might have been at least a teeny-weeny mention of it during his funeral, at least. Plus, the way he devoted himself to the Wizarding World... I doubt if a family-man could do that.

blughost91

Goldie

blughost91

Posted: 22 July 2005 at 6:16pm | IP Logged
All I know about Dumbledore and his family is his brother Aberforth...I really doubt him having a family...I mean if he did wouldn't he tell Harry...Or someone tell Harry that he does have one?

meha

meha

Posted: 23 July 2005 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Yeah i also know only about his brother nothing else...

fish

Groupbie

fish

Posted: 23 July 2005 at 1:36pm | IP Logged

Anybody remember the barman in the Hog's Head, as described in the Order of the Phoenix? I believe it was in that book, I could be wrong...well, remember the barman? In the chapter that Dumbledore's Army conducts their first meeting?

Well, the way he is described, he could so easily be Dumbledore's brother! And since Aberforth, had once had problems with the Ministry (i.e. he is no great wizard!), he could so easily be the barman.

And apparently JK Rowling also said in an interview, I think, in a very cheeky - wink wink, hint hint - way that maybe that conspriacy theory might be no conspriacy and that Aberforth is the barman!

And in the interview for Half-Blood Prince (it's on MuggleNet - Part 1 - I believe), she said that Dumbledore was so intelligent and knowing that there was no way that anyone could be his equal. Thus, I reckon, no partner or marriage. And that McGonagall is therefore his second in command and that's why even she didn't know what Harry and Dumbledore were up to that night.  

Edited by fish - 23 July 2005 at 1:37pm

daniel_4ever

IF-Rockerz

daniel_4ever

Posted: 23 July 2005 at 2:56pm | IP Logged

well has to hav a mother course he hasa  brother .. he may be havin a father... and his mom and dad .. i mean sumthing must hav happened to them Confused

PixieDust91

Goldie

PixieDust91

Posted: 23 July 2005 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
I know he has a brother...thats probably the only family he has or had in a while.

daniel_4ever

IF-Rockerz

daniel_4ever

Posted: 23 July 2005 at 3:42pm | IP Logged

i think that all his family member must hav died expect 4 his brother... and now he has nobody... i don't know exactly

Post Reply New Post

Go to top