Tendulkar should not retire: Brett Lee

Sur_Sangam thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

There has been statements from Mcgrath and Brett Lee that Tendulkar should not retire..Most people will agree with them.. Any cricketer in your mind who should definitely retire

Tendulkar should not retire: Brett Lee PTI

New Delhi: Even as the debate over Sachin Tendulkar's retirement continued, Australian speedster Brett Lee on Monday rose to the Indian batsman's defence, saying he should not come under any pressure while making the decision.

"A lot has been said about this but no, Sachin should not retire. He should play till 50. On a more serious note, I think that this is something which only he can decide," Lee told reporters in New Delhi.

"I can only say, I love watching him play and want him to continue as long as possible," said Lee, who was in the capital to promote the Timex brand of watches.

Ever since India's World Cup debacle, Tendulkar has come under criticism for his poor form and some former players like Ian Chappell have advised him to call it quits

The express bowler, who is currently recuperating from an ankle injury, is frustrated at missing out on the World Cup action but promised a comeback within the next two months.

"It's very frustrating to sit out...I feel like jumping into the TV when I see the matches. But my rehabilitation is going very well. I have a minor operation this week, which will take care of whatever healing that is left," he said.

"Comeback should be very soon, in a couple of months to be precise," he added.

Speaking about Australia's unbeaten run in the showpiece event, Lee said he was confident of the defending champions retaining the title but felt trans-Tasmanian rivals New Zealand could prove to be a tough nut to crack.

"Aussies are playing some fantastic cricket in the World Cup and I am hoping that they continue to do so. But New Zealand are a potential threat as they have been in awesome form," he said

Edited by Sur_Sangam - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
thankx for sharing

Saraa
farisss4 thumbnail
thnks for sharing...yar.. 😛
Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah its true though. Professional cricketers wouldn't encourage a player to retire!
nightangel thumbnail
don't worry he has no plans to retire till 2011 worldcup.. 😉 😆
kothra thumbnail
But he should have rest nw..n then he can cum back
mini2390 thumbnail
this question of retirement is sumthing which only tendulkar cud answer.... wenever he really feels he needs to rest, he shud do so. 😊
*Fiza* thumbnail
tfs!!
        why everyone is after sachin?? leave the man alone 😕 ...He is such a class player.. he himself knows more about his cricket career.. so i dont think anyone shud suggest him to either quit or play
sp_2012 thumbnail

thx 4 sharing!

i totally agree with u fiza! brett is rite, sachin has the full rite 2 take this desicion. he could take 1 day or 1 year, who knows, i just hope if he cums back playing, he improves and makes more runs than 0 or 60.😕
hope leez ankle gets better so he play 😳 😳 😳

Edited by sp_2012 - 17 years ago
-Kash- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with Lee and MGrath