Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Sur_Sangam

IF-Dazzler

Sur_Sangam

Posted: 09 April 2007 at 8:34pm | IP Logged

There has been statements from Mcgrath and Brett Lee that Tendulkar should not retire..Most people will agree with them.. Any cricketer in your mind who should definitely retire

Tendulkar should not retire: Brett Lee PTI

New Delhi: Even as the debate over Sachin Tendulkar's retirement continued, Australian speedster Brett Lee on Monday rose to the Indian batsman's defence, saying he should not come under any pressure while making the decision.

"A lot has been said about this but no, Sachin should not retire. He should play till 50. On a more serious note, I think that this is something which only he can decide," Lee told reporters in New Delhi.

"I can only say, I love watching him play and want him to continue as long as possible," said Lee, who was in the capital to promote the Timex brand of watches.

Ever since India's World Cup debacle, Tendulkar has come under criticism for his poor form and some former players like Ian Chappell have advised him to call it quits

The express bowler, who is currently recuperating from an ankle injury, is frustrated at missing out on the World Cup action but promised a comeback within the next two months.

"It's very frustrating to sit out...I feel like jumping into the TV when I see the matches. But my rehabilitation is going very well. I have a minor operation this week, which will take care of whatever healing that is left," he said.

"Comeback should be very soon, in a couple of months to be precise," he added.

Speaking about Australia's unbeaten run in the showpiece event, Lee said he was confident of the defending champions retaining the title but felt trans-Tasmanian rivals New Zealand could prove to be a tough nut to crack.

"Aussies are playing some fantastic cricket in the World Cup and I am hoping that they continue to do so. But New Zealand are a potential threat as they have been in awesome form," he said

Edited by Sur_Sangam - 09 April 2007 at 8:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rock_Star-Kash-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tendulkar should not retire: Brett Lee" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

DeviatedTesoro.

Viewbie

DeviatedTesoro.

Reliable CC Captain, BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 09 April 2007 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
thankx for sharing

Saraa

farisss4

IF-Dazzler

farisss4

Posted: 09 April 2007 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
thnks for sharing...yar.. Tongue

Howlarious

IF-Addictz

Howlarious

Posted: 10 April 2007 at 12:15am | IP Logged
Yeah its true though. Professional cricketers wouldn't encourage a player to retire!

b_queen

IF-Dazzler

b_queen

Posted: 10 April 2007 at 5:44am | IP Logged
tfs

nightangel

IF-Sizzlerz

nightangel

Posted: 10 April 2007 at 8:05am | IP Logged
don't worry he has no plans to retire till 2011 worldcup.. Wink LOL

kothra

IF-Stunnerz

kothra

Posted: 10 April 2007 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
But he should have rest nw..n then he can cum back

mini2390

IF-Dazzler

mini2390

Posted: 10 April 2007 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
this question of retirement is sumthing which only tendulkar cud answer.... wenever he really feels he needs to rest, he shud do so. Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top