Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Nankri

IF-Veteran Member

Nankri

Posted: 22 July 2005 at 3:32am | IP Logged

It will be Rihhaee for this Sony bi-weekly starting from Independence Day! It is now confirmed that this BAG Films show is going off air from August 15. B P Singh's crime series CID Special Bureau, which airs Monday and Tuesday, now turns daily.

Rihhaee, which began in February this year, takes a leaf from true-to-life incidents. The National Commission for Crimes against Women (NCCW) tracks cases from the show and takes up their cause. The show had Rajeshwari Sachdev and Nikhil Vaid in the lead.

Nothing official yet

Though the channel is not yet making it official, it is reliably learnt that the dwindling viewership of the show prompted the action. "The show is being pulled off the air," says a source, on condition of anonymity.

Batliwalla House downs shutters

Sony's Friday show, Batliwalla House No 43, is also being taken off air. Today's episode with Cezanne Khan and Juhi Parmar will be the farewell show.

The channel had initially thought of a replacing anchor Shahrukh Batliwalla and an episode was shot with MTV VJ Cyrus Sahukar. But now, the Hats Off production is being taken off air.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Curtains for Rihhaee, Batliwalla" in Rihhaee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

HugabbleJaan

HugabbleJaan

Posted: 22 July 2005 at 7:43am | IP Logged
He He! We both posted the article almost at same time. Thanks.  I will for sure miss this unique show.

tisha_bhatia

tisha_bhatia

Posted: 22 July 2005 at 8:44am | IP Logged
O NO! So its back to senseless Melodrama now Cry Dead

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 22 July 2005 at 10:41am | IP Logged
It's really sad that Rihhaee is going off air because of poor rating. I am sure there's a niche audience for this show. Couldn't they at least continue the show for them? Gone are the days of sensible television. Now it's competition and for that channels have no qualm about choosing between Rihhaee and regular sass-bahuDead dramas.

jprasad

IF-Rockerz

jprasad

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 22 July 2005 at 11:57am | IP Logged
I agree Bluepink.  I think Rihaee is a great show!  Somethings I don't get, but what can you that is an indian serial for you.  However, their stories are fascinating...my husband in fact likes Rihaee more than CID.  Neither of us can stand CID.  Sorry to hear that i is going off air. Ouch

I like the Batliwala's too.  Too bad they are going off air as well. Ouch

anitha.b

IF-Dazzler

anitha.b

Posted: 22 July 2005 at 11:58am | IP Logged
I agree Anju. Gone are those days where quality was key for the shows. Now it is all about who gets better rating. Damn thing!

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 22 July 2005 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jprasad

I agree Bluepink.  I think Rihaee is a great show!  Somethings I don't get, but what can you that is an indian serial for you.  However, their stories are fascinating...my husband in fact likes Rihaee more than CID.  Neither of us can stand CID.  Sorry to hear that i is going off air. Ouch

I like the Batliwala's too.  Too bad they are going off air as well. Ouch

I love Batliwala too. I guess people take break from tv when such shows are on and watch their saas-bahi, rona-dhona again. I love Rihhaee and Batliwala. Sad both are going to be off air. Damn SetIndiaDead!!!!

kareenak_24

kareenak_24

Posted: 22 July 2005 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
i enjoyed watching these 2 shows.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top