Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Caryn

Jiggs

Just like you hate Trisha with passion, I hate SJ Suryah with passion. Urrrrrggggggghhhhhh............. 😑

I rather he stays behind the camera where he is good at, then in front of the camera. He is crude and undignified. 🀒 🀒 🀒 Puke Puke   

lols! i'm not a fan of SJ suryah, so i won't even feel offended. he is crude, rude & a real womaniser but i liked his onscreen chemistry with nayantara in 'Kalvanin Kadhali'. they made a cute couple. that's about it.😊 other than that, SJ suryah doesn't impress me much. no, at all.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

rhodes thumbnail
Iam also with you leena..
I hate Trisha 🀒 and SJ suryah 🀒
😑
jigglypuff726 thumbnail

The unfairness of Kollywood.

i've noticed that some people in kollywood are successful only because of immense fan following. rajini, vijay, simbu & trisha are a few examples of what fan followings can do to you. they can put you at the top even though your counterparts are more talented actors.😑😑

for rajini, his counterpart is kamal, who is a better actor & let's face it, more talented than him. i'm not a big fan of both rajini or kamal so this is my neutral view.😊

for vijay, it's vikram who is a far better actor than vijay can ever be. but look, it's vijay who gets adoring fans while vikram is still not as popular as him.😲 vijay, like shreya is plain lucky that despite being a terrible actor, he is so popular.

as for simbu, dhanush & bharath are FAR better actors than him & yet simbu is the one who gets the girls screaming & the cash registers clanking.🀒🀒 i don't think simbu can ever match up to dhanush's performances in 'Kadhal Kondean' or 'Pudhupettai' nor can he lock horns with bharath who gave impressive performances in 'Chellame', 'Veiyil' & 'Koodal Nagar'. 

looks can only get you so far. and just because simbu-the-great makes a vulgar film on a older woman falling in love with a younger man, he is helmed as one of the budding directors of kollywood.🀣🀣🀣 Nonsense.πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

trisha? i don't know what keeps her in kollywood still. is it luck or is it due to all those butt kissing she does for all the big banners & heroes? she isn't a good actress & i got really pissed off when she couldn't even pull off that glorious role director amir gave her in 'Mounam Pesiyathey'.πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

'Saamy' shot her to fame. what did she do in 'Saamy' that made her a 'good' actress to people? any trisha fans want to answer that for me?❓she doesn't even dub in her own voice for goodness sake & she is a chennailite. despite doing mostly telugu films, directors still go to her & sign her up for tamil films. tell me, are the directors in kollywood dumb or are they too blinded by the trisha fever?πŸ€” actresses like sada, nandita das & navya nair who are more talented than trisha are pushed to the backlane where they have to wait for producers to come to them.πŸ˜”

kollywood should learn how to look beyond certain things if it wants to chrun out good cinema. talented people are going to leave & talentless people are going to rule the roost. if this state continues in kollywood, let alone 100, even if it takes 1000 years, we won't be able to match up to bollywood or it's international demand.πŸ€”

jigglypuff726 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AAgal

Well said jigglypuff !! I hate Trisha with a passion and am so glad I am not alone (many of my friends actually like her..or atleast do not hate her). i remember in some film she was the friend char. for Simran, staying in the background. That's where she shd. have stayed.

lols! and i thought i was the only one who hated her.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† ever since 'Alai' & 'Saamy' were released, i have nothing but disgust for this girl. yeah, she played the friend of simran in 'Jodi'. and let's face it, she's only cut out for that type of role.

her continuous hamming in 'Thirupachi' further cemented my intense dislike for her. 'Bheema' is going to be torture, i adore vikram but i don't think i can sit through 2 1/2 hours of seeing trisha onscreen.🀒🀒

jigglypuff726 thumbnail

sri, rajini is definitely not more talented than kamal. kamal has always been consistent in his roles & he has potrayed them to perfection. be it the disfigured communist in 'Anbe Sivam' or the misunderstood husband in 'Panchathantiram' or the duty bound police officer with a heart of gold in 'Vettayadu Villaiyadu'.πŸ‘πŸ‘

kamal has gotten into the skin of each & everyone of his role. rajini relies on his punch dialouges, meaningful title songs & the author backed role of each film to prove his talent. he doesn't have much of original talent unlike kamal who is a born actor. 

to me, rajini is the better human being. i've seen him at functions & heard him speak on various issues. rajini is one of the most humble & down to earth men in this world. the way he carries himself despite being so famous is really commendable.πŸ‘πŸ‘ kamal on the other hand has a HUGE ego. he should take some lessons from rajini on how to be humble. kamal is the better actor but rajini is the better human being.

speaking about bharath's acting, he is definitely much more talented than simbu. his crying has a tinge of realism in it. if you watched the climax of 'Kadhal', you can see that bharath does cry but doesn't overact like what simbu did in 'Manmathan'.😑😑 and when it comes to choice of films, bharath chooses the script of each & every film carefully. his only mistake was 'Boys'.

but simbu? every script of his is laced with punch dialogues & is obviously written for him or edited by him. the difference between bharath & simbu is that bharath performs acccording to the script but the script performs according to simbu's wishes.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by jigglypuff726 - 17 years ago
jenim thumbnail
Very nice observations, Jiggly & others. Just want to add my thoughts.

Any day, hands down, Kamal is a far better actor than any one I've known in the tamil industry (Even the late Sivaji is no match). Infact, I only started liking Kamal recently when I saw that he can perform varied roles without getting caught in an image circle unlike most of the tamil heroes and with such grace and ease.

In his following no doubt, is Vikram. Too bad he was deemed a hit hero, only when he's already a bit old.

Rajini is a good actor too, one should see the B&W movies he has fared well as a villain. You would feel like reaching out to the screen and strangling him - very real portrayal of his roles. Now, he's so tightly wrapped in his image that really there isn't so much potential to act at all, in what he chooses. Just a "Whishk" Whish" with his fingers here and there, some unique style in every movie and voila.. you have the highest paid actor in all of Asia who's wasting his talents in that image halo.

Dhanush is a very versatile actor. He's very talented but should be careful in avoiding roles such as "Sullan" "Thiruvilayadal". eeeks. Well, at least Thiruvilayadal was a comedy.

Bharath is a golden duck too. A beautiful actor - have to see more of him in the coming years.

Chimbu and Vijay - copy cats of Rajini and nothing else. At least Rajini created his own style and the way he delivers his punch dialogues. These two just copy him and just want to be touted like him by the fans.
Vijay can't act for nuts. One would think, he would have learnt a thing or two in all these years he's been an actor. But Nope.. nada.. just does the same Masala roles with the same kind of acting, time and again. He used to look so awful in his younger years don't know what surgery magic he did, he suddenly seems to have gained "natural color" and the hanging/chubby cheeks are gone. There used to be a mark on his right cheek which seems to have mysteriously disappeared in the last couple of years.

I think Chimbu can act, has the potential, but then again if you start performing thinking that you are already a super star, Jeez.. really what can you do, except being a pathetic loser. On top of it, he thinks acting sexy (read vulgar) scenes and dialogues and all, is going to bring him more fans, he got nice seruppadi with Vallavan which opened to much hoopla in the Madras theatres and within a couple of weeks, had dwindling box office results.

And now to the Mademoiselle. I think, I know what makes Trisha tick. It's pure LUCK. She became a hit after Saami, because the movie itself was a tremendous hit, thanks to Vikram and director Hari. Any girl who would've been cast in that role would have become a hit heroine. In Kollywood, no matter how ordinary looking - talent challenged you are, if you are lucky enough that by hook or crook, your movies have a good opening and has the box office collections flowing, then the producers would queue up at your door. Of course, you should have a top notch Manager/PRO to publicize that you are the in thing in all versions of media and be willing to make "sacrifices" that will keep you in the limelight.

I do remember that in Kumudam's review of Mounam Pesiyadhey a long time ago, the only mention of Trisha was - that she was just plain looking. They said something in the lines of - is it b'cos of bad makeup, is that all she's got. It was fun reading that, 'cos when I saw her pics claiming that she was Ms.Chennai, I thought half of the girls in my class looked better than her. She was just too very ordinary looking and somehow reminded me of Reema Sen. I was like, hmmm.. don't we already have one Reema Sen, why do we need another?

Even after Saamy she didn't have any movies lined up for her in Tamil, had some super flops like "Enakku 20 Unakku 18". Then she moved on to Telugu industry and had some bumper hits with Varsham and the telugu version of Something something. And the rest is history. If Trisha and shriya are on a scale with their acting skills being equal, Shriya is far far better looker than Trisha is.

Shankar acknowledged the fact and even though he had enormous pressure from all sides to cast Trisha opposite Rajini, when Ash refused, he stood firm and chose Shriya for Shivaji.

OK let me take a breath and catch up later.. 😳

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Well said Leena and Jenim. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

I am a Rajini fan, but to be honest, Kamal is one of the best actors we do have in India, not only in south India. Only few actors like him can and are willing to take a chance to do some experimental and challenging roles. πŸ‘ To mention a few movie like "Anbe Sivam", I was totally shocked to see his acting there, he has not only acted well but also lived in Sivam character. avai shanmuhi, devar magan, nayagan, or even alavanthan ( the villain role) was good even thought i hate that film.

No offence to any Vijay fans, but he do only suits to do "masala" movies like "ghilli, pokkiri, sivakasi" etc. He has good luck and is an excellent dancer. But he can't stand up to actors like Vikram and Suriya. I just terribly want to see him in a serious subjected role, but I don't think that will ever happen.    Everyone has forgot Suriya here or even Ajith. I still can't believe 😲 Suriya would have growth to be a good actor as I thought he is another flop actor when I saw his earlier movies. I agree Ajith do masala movies like Vijay, but he has done it well in godfather, villain, vaali and citizien.  Madhavan too, his acting and body language in thambi was super, the villan role as inba in ayutha ezhutu, chocolate boy image in alaipaythey or as a middle ages write and lovely daddy in kannathil muthamittal was good ones. πŸ˜‰

I don't think Vijay can do roles like what Vikram did in kasi, sethu, Pithamagan, anniyan or like Suriya did in Pithamagan, Nanda, Perazhagan or even Ghajini to mention a few movies.   Their acting skills are fare better.

But I do also understand why actors like Rajini and Vijay (I don't know about Simbu, as I never liked him or his movies. 🀒I do only like songs from his movies and like him as a child artist😳) are more popular than these with excellent acting skills. Their movies are good entertained and sometimes even small kids can also watch them without thinking about violence, etc. Another fact and maybe one of the main reason is that majority in Tamil Nadu are poor ones. Watching movies are like a "heal" for them, and serious subject movies are not their fav one. Masala movies are like an escapade for them, that's why masala movies and Rajinis movies with punch dialog and styles clicks on the box offices, I think. And the younster are more interested in masala, loves subject oriented movies. Even me liked to watch  only rajini and Vijay movies when I was kid, refused to watch other actors movies, but now I have growth up and do understand moreπŸ˜†

But hats off to Kamal and Rajini, Ajith, Vikram πŸ‘πŸΌ they have made it up where they are today by themselves and their hard work without any godfathers like most the young actors do today, like Simbu, Dhanush, Vjiay and Suriya too I think since his father is also a actor.
πŸ€” Edited by meli - 17 years ago
rhodes thumbnail
Well consolidated Leena,Jenim and Meli and very interesting which spoke many of my thoughts....

Though i like Rajini and Kamal...Rajini tops my list as for the simple reason he is humble and downto earth.
Rajin is also good in acting ..There are films like Mullum Malarum , Aarilirundhu Arubadhu varai etc.
And his sense of humous is too good. I always enjoys his movies.Somewhat it gives lot of energy to me.
Especially i jump in joy on many scenes of baatsha..,ananmalai etc.Eagerly awaiting for Sivaji release/

Kamal is one of the finest actor in the world. And i see his sincerity and dedication to the field.
Yes Sivaji is great actor but sometimes, overacting dominates which can be good for stage plays and not in Silver screen.
In that sense..kamal is superb.I have wondered his acting inmahanadhi,nayagan and many to add
I have become his fan and great admirer when i saw Anbe sivam..what a film and what a acting..one of the best films ever made.
And he is the one who have got more awards..He certainly deserves it. And he speaks any kind of tamil with ease.

Vikaram known for his perseverance is showing hard work sincerity like kamal.He is one of the good actors who was recognised very late.
Even he is humble and i have seen him in many interviews where he is very friendly and down to earth.
Definitely he did a tremendous job in sethu,kasi,anniyan etc.
He should be careful in choosing the script to keep his place steady and strong.
He has got lot of acting potential so he should choose the script where he can really show his talents.

Surya being handsome,hard working surely to go ways.He has make sure success should not go over his head..Otherwise he is superb.
Really a lot of improvement in his acting skills..Seen as dumbo in earlier films..he really showed tremendous growth in his skills and he proved he can do excellant in any roles.
For instance, as a hunch back person, and his role in pithamagan speaks about his acting skills..

Ajith being a good actor,handsome should be careful in choosing his script to ahve his place safe.

Vijay, good for masala movies...He wants to be very careful to safegaurd his position.
so he chooses the films that is hit in telugu.But it doesnt work all the time. He should be confident enough
to choose a fresh script and act. he is awesome in dancing. his dialogue delivery is monotonous and needs improvement and change.
I used to like Vijay earlier but now as he could not give any new stuff..he is boring...
Meli..Vijay has underwent a plastic surgery to correct his cheeks..tahts why the mark is not visible now.

Bharath..is really an excellent finding...he chooses the script really good..and he seems to be director's actor.
So far almost all his movies are worth watching.He is alo excellent in dancing.He is also one of the young heroes to go places.
He has lot of acting potential which can be moulded well.

Vishal...is well suited for action hero.But should start giving varieties otherwise somepoint of time he would become boring.
His tall dark handsome features is really working well with south indian audience..

Dhanush is one good actor who can be utilized well..His brother selva raghavan is utilizing him well. He should avoid acting in too play boyish character.

Jeeva is good and has been successful in some ...Jeevan is another one in the list who can give some good shows..

Simbhu the least..though talented ...is in my hatred list because of loud mouthing and proudness...
The audience should appreciate him for his skill and not one's ownself which he has been doing it.
And he has been in news for wrong things at the beginning of his career itself..
Only if he is humble,,his skills will be appreciated...
I used to like him as a child artiste...

Aanteek thumbnail

oh! What a great ananlysis Rhodes!!! great work!!! apidiye puttu puttu vaichiteenga!! πŸ˜ƒ
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Rhodes, thanks for the info about Vijay and his plastic surgery, didn't know that.

Rajini old movies are super, I can watch them 100 times over and over without been bored. Dhalapathy ( one of my old time fav), Annamalai, Baatsha (another all time fav), Padayappa, Thillu mullu and a few KB movies are super. πŸ˜‰