Saaksshi (Saakshi)

I MISS WOKING WITH BALAJI...

nandiinii Senior Member
nandiinii
nandiinii

Posted: 07 December 2004 at 12:11pm | IP Logged

MAULI GANGULY

"I miss working with Balaji..."

The road may have been full of bumps and roadblocks for charming Bengali babe MAULI GANGULY ever since she shed Shaina's skin. But quitting Balaji's Kaahin Kissii Roz has been the last of Mauli's worries, she tells Vickey Lalwani.

So, 'Saaksshi' didn't work out?
That's a very cruel statement. Saaksshi did work for a certain audience. But yes, the paanwallah down my lane doesn't know about it. My maid didn't see it. I think it was anyway meant for a niche viewership.

I'll buy that if you insist. But do you regret leaving 'Kaahin Kissii Roz'?
I had stopped enjoying it. At the end of the day, I am an individual. If and when I do something, there should be a 'yes' from within me.

But you knew it was coming to an end. You could have held on for some more time?
I had taken up Rituparno Ghosh's Raincoat by then. There was a clash of dates.

If you had stuck on, Ekta may have accommodated you in another serial. You know how Balaji functions?
I understand what you mean, but I think Ekta is a very intelligent woman. If she needs me even now, she will definitely call me. I don't think I have spoilt my relations with her.

What are you doing presently?
I am doing Manish Goswami's Swaarth which will air on Zee TV soon. I play Rohit and Ronit Roy's sister. Divya Seth plays our mom. And of course, I am open to other exciting offers.

Do you miss Balaji?
I knew that was coming! Yes, I miss Balaji. The entire production house had become like a family to me. I knew everybody- the EPs, make-up artistes...

Final question. Now that you have worked and met with other production houses, what's the difference between Balaji and others?
There is a lot of channel interference with other production houses. In Balaji, the channel interference is negligible.

cutereems IF-Dazzler
cutereems
cutereems

Posted: 07 December 2004 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Thanx for info Nandinii
rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 07 December 2004 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
thanks nandinii!
HUMM IF-Dazzler
HUMM
HUMM

Posted: 07 December 2004 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
thks for the info!!
rock Groupbie
rock
rock

Posted: 12 December 2004 at 12:21am | IP Logged

i liked mauli ganguly yo thanx nandinii hey i have a question 4 u r u a gauri pradhan fan?Big smile

shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 09 January 2005 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Thx for sharing the article!

mango Global Moderator
mango
mango

Posted: 09 January 2005 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
thanx for the article
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top