raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by Sound

Qt and Maya only needed gender reversalLOL

Now what are you getting at? WackoWackoWacko 

Neetu, look what I found for your mom Big smileBig smile.  Please give her next time she goes shopping for you.

ROFL sorry but couldn't help...ROFL

QT - am sure we all gonna be shocked when we learn Neet's is no less then 50. LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Endorsements - Go Team India (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 12:45am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Sound

IF-Rockerz

Sound

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Originally posted by Sound

Qt and Maya only needed gender reversalLOL

Now what are you getting at? WackoWackoWacko 

Neetu, look what I found for your mom Big smileBig smile.  Please give her next time she goes shopping for you.

ROFL sorry but couldn't help...ROFL

QT - am sure we all gonna be shocked when we learn Neet's is no less then 50. LOL

ROFL
Haila Anshu how did you make such a close guess at my age??LOLLOL

QT can this coupon be redeemed online??LOL

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 12:54am | IP Logged

Maya - that makes sense but again 2 endorsements with 8 shoots a week and 5 with 5 shoot a week won't make mcuh difference. Trying to suggest that its all dependent on responsible adults how they manage, if not then remove them.Limiting or banning won't help any cause. I have no second thoughts on players putting twice the effort in retaining the endorsements. Am I missing the point here?

Why does one put in more hours at work? Is it because he loves the job or wants to earn additional perks?

Now why would Cricketers put in an effort when they have a huge bank balance from advertisements? What will give them the boost? Where is bird's eye for these Arjuns?

Maya - EST 3AM taking off on a last note, if they lack performance advertisements or perks are not going to come thier way for long. Am sure they understand that. To maintain on going flow of $ first basic thing for them is perform as CRICKET player. Will respond tomorrow to ur Q's.

Good Night guys , Maya, QT, Neet's... and

Neet's - lols close guess as I relate to yaaa as far as age is concerned LOLLOL GN guys

Sound

IF-Rockerz

Sound

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 1:04am | IP Logged

Maya - that makes sense but again 2 endorsements with 8 shoots a week and 5 with 5 shoot a week won't make mcuh difference. Trying to suggest that its all dependent on responsible adults how they manage, if not then remove them.Limiting or banning won't help any cause. I have no second thoughts on players putting twice the effort in retaining the endorsements. Am I missing the point here?

Why does one put in more hours at work? Is it because he loves the job or wants to earn additional perks?

Now why would Cricketers put in an effort when they have a huge bank balance from advertisements? What will give them the boost? Where is bird's eye for these Arjuns?

Maya - EST 3AM taking off on a last note, if they lack performance advertisements or perks are not going to come thier way for long. Am sure they understand that. To maintain on going flow of $ first basic thing for them is perform as CRICKET player. Will respond tomorrow to ur Q's.

Good Night guys , Maya, QT, Neet's... and

Neet's - lols close guess as I relate to yaaa as far as age is concerned LOLLOL GN guys

Anshu, some have been lacking performance currently but have no qualms about endorsing instead of improving their game. We are a star-obsessed nation and non-performance never has a permanent effect on us. We still let them endorse coz performance or not, they are stars and stars sell. It is only after repeated failures over a period of time that we finally wake upto reality and think a person isn't good enough to be on the team and the players know this too. So before such a day arrives, they make sure they endorse as many products as they can possibly lay their hands on. They do realise they won't always be wanted if their game isn't good enough but they also know that as long as they have the chance they can quote their prices and fill up their purses.

And now it's time for me to say good night as well!! So Anshu you are nearing your half-century age wise as well??LOLLOL

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 7:00am | IP Logged

A player performs, he gets endorcements, if a player does not perform he will not get endorsements.

A company will not risk its product advertisement by being ridiculed by having a unsucessful player endorsing it.

Secondly if someone remembers about Kobe Bryant a couple of years ago, In a matter of few weeks of a rape allegation, a shoe company terminated their contract with Kobe.

It would have made sense for the BCCI to say that no time-off for endorsements say 21 days before a match etc, but limiting the # endorsemts a player can have is plain senseless

It does not help/hurt a player, he is just going to hike his price of an endorsement, highest bidder gets me(Secondly there is something called as individual rights, I guess no-one really cares about them anymore Wink ) But the company will not have to shell out more for a player.

Actually what this does is hands over more control of the endorsement negiotiation to the player. Say player X is playing great right now, Pepsi wants him, he can say this is my price and this is the length of the contract, there is hardly any leverage left to Pepsi, what is Pepsi going to counter with? Hey we will get AmitabhLOL?

What next? How many restaurants someone can own LOL ?

This is a classic Kneejerk reaction by the BCCI and people who want "something" to be done, are extremely happy with "something" happening

Wrong/right/senseless who cares?

Edited by sareg - 08 April 2007 at 7:14am

souro

souro

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 8:30am | IP Logged

Should BCCI take strict action on Indian cricketers and disallow them from engaging in endorsements?

The BCCI have restricted the number of endorsements that a player can have to only 3 at a time and have also reduced their match fees. IMO this can have an adverse effect on the upcoming players. In recent days talents were more attracted towards cricket  than other sports because of the money involved in it. If you take away the money where's the attraction. Look at West Indies, so many players were attracted earlier because they knew if they can represent their country in even one Test they will get their own house and car. But nowadays they know there's more money if they can become a professional basketball player and move to US, so few go for cricket. A similar situation might arise in India too if the money flow is restricted and some other sports come up with better pay.

Moreover restricting endorsements doesn't guarantee that those players won't go for umpteen opening ceremonies, a zillion product launches and open a million restaurants, so how does that lessen the time spent on other activities.

Now for the other side. BCCI is the employer and contracted players are the employees. Players indulging in other commercial activities or product launches or opening ceremonies are actually moonlighting while on company time and indulging in profit making wihtout notifying the employer while they are actually earning through the BCCI. If BCCI had not given them the chance to represent them on the international arena where would the endorsements come from. So, I like Sound's suggestion, give them a stipulated no. hours each day for which they have to be there on the field or the club and that can be extended anytime at the sole discretion of the BCCI and after that or on their off-day they can do whatever they want.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Summary -
So far, we have Vineet, Neetu-baby, Anshu, Soumya, Subha-di on one side and Maya on fence.
4th page and too much agreement here Dead .. no debate yet.. LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top