Page 13 of 14

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 09 April 2007 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ChameliKaYaar

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by ChameliKaYaar

Arre color coding ki ek hadd hoti hai.....chaar paach rainbow spectral colors ke baad deemag ka darwaza band ho jaata hai.......LOL.......

R E A L L Y ??

Ama yaar....ye kya hai.?LOL...Now please tell me whether i am correct or not.....So first of all I see three pairs of hallucinating faces and it appears that they there is a kesariya/green/white color wheel which is going around the the eyeballs on the face....and each of these pairs are kind of smoo*****....each other.....Now is that right or am I just plain color convoluted.....LOL

ROFLROFLROFL  .. if they are kind of starry with each other, then you are hallucinating. i don't see any passion there, what so ever DeadDeadDead..  they are just really gay (happy colorful) according to me. LOLLOLLOL
sorry original poster for spamming.. oh wait, it was my post LOL

Anybody likes Humour in Uniform- readers' digest?
Our team in their blue attire reminds me of that.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Endorsements - Go Team India (Page 13)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 09 April 2007 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by ani11

[QUOTE=ani11][QUOTE=chatbuster]

and what is the relationship of a cricketer and a endorsementLOL

my question too......LOL

is this some kinda analogy test or wat? relationship is that endorsements affect the game. seedhi see baat haiWink

I don't think that they affect the game ,the only relation is that they get to do more endorsements if they are doing well..........When india reached the finals during the last world cup do u think they were not doing endorsements then??.......their performance depends on other factors....doing ads is not one of them.......they have been doing endorsements and doing well at the field as well for many years..............all this is no excuse but i think all the teams have there down phase.....it happens in all the countries.....

incidentally  have already answered what you're bringing up here. dont want to repeatWink

Its OK ,I'll read ur other answers...

yes, they were doing endorsements earlier too. just that after a while, unless one keeps investing in the hard work and discipline required to keep up, one starts losing one's edge. cant just coast along on the hard work one put in to get to a point. and that's what happened to these guys. with them, there's less off-season training and more endorsement throughout the year than their western counterparts, for instance the players in various US sports leagues. it's a question of emphasis. our priorities are turned upside down. cant be a good thing.

yaar, seedhi see baat hai. if you or i or someone else gets paid bigger bucks for a certain activity than another, we'll somehow end up focusing more on it. sometimes the difference comes down to little things when we're talking about winning and losing. and endorsements cant really help in that regard.Smile

Endorsements or no endorsements we lack professionalism. So bending backwards all the way to blame endorsements doesnt make sense...

haha, noone is doing that. it's one of the factors and since that's the topic here, it just might appear that that's all one is talking about. but let's not put words at least in my mouthSmile.....I know I am referring to that 100% of that x% contributing to this discussion...Smile.. I was just wondering about the hair-splitting analysis going around endorsements....Smile

Why is that endorsements come to play when we do bad.. and not when we do good.....

right. people tend to introspect usually when things go badly, not when things go right. duniya ka dastoor hai. ab duniya jaisee bhee hai, jeena toh hai, kyoon? WinkSmile.....Agreed but still there are better ways of introspection...than asking them which side of bed they get off in the morning..LOL

Its the "cornering" reason people keep in their pockets for ready access to get back to these guys...

The point here is if you dont win this match everybody is out and there team B to take over... Make it competitive within these 1 gazillion population and make them accountable for a win....Smile

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 09 April 2007 at 3:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by raj5000

Okay, so I should count the fence sitters now.  Did anshu go on fence too Ouch ??  I am sure vineet will be steadfast Thumbs Up.  

No. Still on for no-ban. Read Sareg's response on page 4 sunday morning and thought battle is won..Wink Smile adding up Souro comment of having adverse impact by implying a restriction or a ban.

haha, not so fast. have not seen anything to refute my point and i'll repeat that below in case it was missedWink

ok - lets continue if you insistWink LOL  No, actually I just skimmed throught he pages man! reading 5 pages with full concentration = response to 50 new postsLOL

6 more pages after that, oh boy!  skimmed through them and still hold my ground.

whats up with .5% vote - whose flipping sides hereLOL.  I think we have a majority and verdict or conclusion can be announced before hosts are out of chips and guacamole...

debating by conducting public opinion polls LOL.LOL one might want to read Punjini's siggy to get a handle on what majority being on one side might mean at times.Wink

Understand that majority not always are of RightsWink but they finally make the ruling partyLOLLOL

BTW drinks are served for folks on board - ofcourse they are sponsored by KingFisher LOLLOL

next we'll be heariing wonderful stories of all the countless people who drive drunk yet not kill people, all the kids who show up stone drunk for exams and still ace those exams. LOLall of that misses the point that those activities, like the focus and distraction on endorsements, increases the likelihood of things going badly. margin between winning and losing is often a small one. keep driving drunk and the odds stack up for something terrible happening. the fact that we get away with it a few times, like we did with the sehwag endorsement saga, should not be exterpolated. that's a recipe for potential disasterWink

Don't blame the alcohol for that its the people who are to be blamed for the act mentioned.  I agree on "likelihood of things going badly" but  but responsible adults involved can change that phrase to unlikelihood of things going badly.

Basically coming at let the individuals decide what is good or bad for them, if endorsements are impacting thier performance then consequences are known and being "adults" one should know it.

also, nothing seen that refutes the point about tailoring proper incentive structure to drive cricketing performance, not acting performance. kisi ka "declare" karne se does not mean muchWinkLOL

Incentive structure is typically good in corporate setup with players and game doesn't sound right, however in a way its achieved here ones who perform excellently have other means to bump up his cash inflow i.e. endorsements.

Everyone very well knows if your performance is excellent, contracts continue if not then u are doomed.The whole basis of bagging an endorsement is par excellence in eye of general public with consistent performances, with that known how do expect individuals to ignore whatever it takes to keep up the performance, one's who ignores pay for it. 

Why ban? when in a way overindulgance in edorsements is itself showing the downside to player if performance is bad. 

For people who can continue to excel why not let them earn more - inspirational side of it...

Finally let people decide what is good or bad for them. BanTongue if thats going to gaurantee cup in '11.Smile its just another bullet point to add on papers.LOL

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 09 April 2007 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
Oh woow, can anybody decipher as to what is happening here..Its tough to track down as to who is saying what.. Confused

Anyways, you guys need to take a chill pill and some cookies too LOL(but dont come to this fence because we are already running out of Coke)...Decisions are not going to be made depending on what is decided here. Tongue

I would say this is another avenue for the BCCI to make some more mucho dinaro Wink ..The endorsement rights of the Plyers are up for sale, anyone interested??? Wink LOL

What say now??? Big smile

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 09 April 2007 at 4:55pm | IP Logged

Okay, so I should count the fence sitters now.  Did anshu go on fence too Ouch ??  I am sure vineet will be steadfast Thumbs Up.  

No. Still on for no-ban. Read Sareg's response on page 4 sunday morning and thought battle is won..Wink Smile adding up Souro comment of having adverse impact by implying a restriction or a ban.

haha, not so fast. have not seen anything to refute my point and i'll repeat that below in case it was missedWink

ok - lets continue if you insistWink LOL  No, actually I just skimmed throught he pages man! reading 5 pages with full concentration = response to 50 new postsLOL

6 more pages after that, oh boy!  skimmed through them and still hold my ground.

whats up with .5% vote - whose flipping sides hereLOL.  I think we have a majority and verdict or conclusion can be announced before hosts are out of chips and guacamole...

debating by conducting public opinion polls LOL.LOL one might want to read Punjini's siggy to get a handle on what majority being on one side might mean at times.Wink

Understand that majority not always are of RightsWink but they finally make the ruling partyLOLLOL

BTW drinks are served for folks on board - ofcourse they are sponsored by KingFisher LOLLOL

next we'll be heariing wonderful stories of all the countless people who drive drunk yet not kill people, all the kids who show up stone drunk for exams and still ace those exams. LOLall of that misses the point that those activities, like the focus and distraction on endorsements, increases the likelihood of things going badly. margin between winning and losing is often a small one. keep driving drunk and the odds stack up for something terrible happening. the fact that we get away with it a few times, like we did with the sehwag endorsement saga, should not be exterpolated. that's a recipe for potential disasterWink

Don't blame the alcohol for that its the people who are to be blamed for the act mentioned.  I agree on "likelihood of things going badly" but  but responsible adults involved can change that phrase to unlikelihood of things going badly.

Basically coming at let the individuals decide what is good or bad for them, if endorsements are impacting thier performance then consequences are known and being "adults" one should know it.

also, nothing seen that refutes the point about tailoring proper incentive structure to drive cricketing performance, not acting performance. kisi ka "declare" karne se does not mean muchWinkLOL

Incentive structure is typically good in corporate setup with players and game doesn't sound right, however in a way its achieved here ones who perform excellently have other means to bump up his cash inflow i.e. endorsements.

Everyone very well knows if your performance is excellent, contracts continue if not then u are doomed.The whole basis of bagging an endorsement is par excellence in eye of general public with consistent performances, with that known how do expect individuals to ignore whatever it takes to keep up the performance, one's who ignores pay for it. 

Why ban? when in a way overindulgance in edorsements is itself showing the downside to player if performance is bad. 

For people who can continue to excel why not let them earn more - inspirational side of it...

Finally let people decide what is good or bad for them. BanTongue if thats going to gaurantee cup in '11.Smile its just another bullet point to add on papers.LOL

let's take your statement "Incentive structure is typically good in corporate setup with players and game doesn't sound right". i suppose you havent seen how they do it in professional sports in the US then. now those guys are performers. they work hard both off-season and during regular season. they get huge bonuses that are based on performance on the field, not off it, and that shows. the compensnsation for off-field antics is very little. with our guys, it's the other way around.

btw, dont know that our guys are very strong anyway. all the more they shld be working harder than their counterparts off-season, rather than getting their excercise running around studio trees with actressesWink

as for what makes a difference, buddy, it's often the small things. there's only a 30% difference between a stupid IQ and a smarter one. only a .2% difference between winning a presidential election and losing it all. just a 10% increased throughput on average in a cricketing game because of increased cricketing focus and incentive can result in 20-30 extra runs, and i believe we can get that by banning endorsements for these characters. those runs can lead to most games being won rather than lost. the "sab kuch chalta hai" attitude is actually what is the difference between a winner and a loserWink

Edited by chatbuster - 09 April 2007 at 5:14pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 09 April 2007 at 5:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by raksha.l

Oh woow, can anybody decipher as to what is happening here..Its tough to track down as to who is saying what.. Confused

Anyways, you guys need to take a chill pill and some cookies too LOL(but dont come to this fence because we are already running out of Coke)...Decisions are not going to be made depending on what is decided here. Tongue

I would say this is another avenue for the BCCI to make some more mucho dinaro Wink ..The endorsement rights of the Plyers are up for sale, anyone interested??? Wink LOL

Yeah you should use those to twist the noses of all the non-performers as a form of punishment.......LOLLOLLOL

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 09 April 2007 at 5:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Yeah you should use those to twist the noses of all the non-performers as a form of punishment.......LOLLOLLOL

LOLLOLLOLek A bhoolne kee itni bari saza....LOLLOL

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 09 April 2007 at 5:30pm | IP Logged

too bad they dont come out with an index, no? ya phir table of contents?LOL

Anyways, you guys need to take a chill pill and some cookies too LOL(but dont come to this fence because we are already running out of Coke)...

oh dont tell me no one is enjoying the tamashaCry

Decisions are not going to be made depending on what is decided here. Tongue

are they ever? yet words are written, belans thrown around, DM thrives Tongue

at a certain price, most anything will clearWinkLOL

bol diya hai na.  blue mein LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top