Endorsements - Go Team India - Page 6

Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by sareg

With that I think we are going in circles here, I have no time for that today

arre yaar, mat jao yaar. noone else around to "discuss" things withπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

fwiw, i believe strongly in incentives. i remember a discussion once in a company where some lawyer-type was telling a big chief that having a certain compensation structure would mean that the employee could walk away with zillions. the big chief replied to the lawyer that he'd be happy to pay that kind of money to the trader if the trader actually delivered. that was the difference in mind-set between the bureaucratic guy and a guy who knew how to motivate and extract top performance.

i am working from that mind-set. make these guys wildly rich if you want for great performance. but if the bulk of their compensation is gonna come from off-field activities and their celebrity/ notoriety, then i think we're missing a lot of that incentive. US athletes work very hard off-season so that they can perfect their game for regular season. they know that so much is riding on that. on the other hand, i see our players working in studios, rather than on their game during off-season.

now if someone brings up a general point about allowing all activities to go through since it's a democracy, then that to me is not a valid reason in itself. first all activities are not actually permissible even in a democracy.... second it does affect performance as i am arguing above.😊 so hope this clarifies where i am coming from😊

Originally posted by chatbuster

and what is the relationship of a cricketer and a endorsementπŸ˜†

my question too......πŸ˜†

oh, this was for whoever had suggested that in a democracy, people shld be allowed to pursue their moonlighting interests. not necessarily so is what i am saying with those examples. hope you get the point nowπŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

Well...aren't we mixing the rights of a free citizen with the rights of an employee bound by the rules and regulations of the organisation......πŸ˜†.......when i say the rights of a citizen.......it has to be looked in the right perspective and not be mixed up with the rights of a banker......πŸ˜†.......If the sportsman all over the world are doing endorsements why are we banning the cricketers.....just because of their dismal performance.....let the public reject the products that they are endorsing.......If there is something done for charity then these celebrities are morally supposed to do it for free then why should they be banned from doing endorsements...and charge money for it....its business after all....not charity......

Originally posted by sareg

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Only when willing to be disciplined as a team, one should dream of victory.  Else, stick to golfing, tennis singles and chess πŸ˜‰

ok ok, good points. always hated tennis and golf anyway. but chess se kya dushmani hai?πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

ok ok, good points. always hated tennis and golf anyway. but chess se kya dushmani hai?πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Dushmani nahee R,  I was just appropreately listing sports / games that do not require team spirit / team -work what so ever! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

(PS  / digress- I love tennis and I do not mind chess πŸ˜ƒ.  Although I am always focussed on saving the queen and this is how I let the king be check-mate😭 ..  If i have to win in chess, i'll have to play doubles ..  May be I can join you? πŸ˜†
As with golfing.. hmm we both hate golf seems like, but I love mini golf and i play like a kid with too much of competetive spirit. )

arre yaar, kya rok laga rakhee hai?πŸ˜† intelligence is all about being able to correlate and draw inferences from disparate subjects. 😊

anyway, here's the hypothesis: endorsements=> lead to time spent on non-cricketing activities/ mental and physical distractions/ lack of hunger at least monetarily=> together affects game performance. remember, so much of peak performance (as in olympics and elsewhere) relates to mind-over-body control, to single-minded focus. fwiw, our team wld be better off without those distractions than with them. even if it's a hypothesis that cannot be proved/ disproved because of small sample sizes, i'd rather err on the side of common sense than give the benefit to players. there are more where they come from, but that's not the case for the team that represents India. there's just one team and the focus should be on the team, not the payoffs to individual players.

which is why perhaps the aussies chucked shane warne out for a year because of his off-field activities. and different teams have curfew etc for nite-time (off-field!) activities before matches. 

again, what's wrong with the comp structure i came up with?

Sareg why are you against inferences..... The point CB made is kinda implicit.... ok so whats happening here?πŸ˜•

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Sareg why are you against inferences..... The point CB made is kinda implicit.... ok so whats happening here?πŸ˜•

Haha, you also seem to be ambitiously lazy like I am, too lazy to go through the previous 100 pages to know the gist of what was happeningπŸ˜†
Originally posted by raksha.l

Haha, you also seem to be ambitiously lazy like I am, too lazy to go through the previous 100 pages to know the gist of what was happeningπŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†not only lazy to read... even lazy to write...πŸ˜†.. Knowing CB and sareg could guess what could be happening... but just wanted to give this whole thread a new twist... since its started by my dear QT...

Originally posted by qwertyesque

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†not only lazy to read... even lazy to write...πŸ˜†.. Knowing CB and sareg could guess what could be happening... but just wanted to give this whole thread a new twist... since its started by my dear QT...

You lazy to write???😲..Gosh I have seen you writing/typing pages and pages of stuff...