Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Maya_M

Ansh, there is no banning. Only restricting them to 2 endorsements. As I said by the time their performance assessment is in they would have made 5 times with all the Boost, Horlicks,Lux Banyans, Hero Hondas, Credit cards.

Neetu - why didn't you highlighted the 2 endorsement part  πŸ˜†

Maya - that makes sense but again 2 endorsements with 8 shoots a week and 5 with 5 shoot a week won't make mcuh difference. Trying to suggest that its all dependent on responsible adults how they manage, if not then remove them.Limiting or banning won't help any cause. I have no second thoughts on players putting twice the effort in retaining the endorsements. Am I missing the point here?

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Now what are you getting at?  

Neetu, look what I found for your mom πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ.  Please give her next time she goes shopping for you.

Sound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Ansh, there is no banning. Only restricting them to 2 endorsements. As I said by the time their performance assessment is in they would have made 5 times with all the Boost, Horlicks,Lux Banyans, Hero Hondas, Credit cards.

That's my point as well Anshu. By the time the whole process of kicking the player out will be carried out he would have made enough money to sit at home comfortably. Our players do believing in making hay while the sun shines

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Neetu, look what I found for your mom πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ.  Please give her next time she goes shopping for you.

Thanks QT. 😳 *cough* *cough*

raj5000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

🀣 sorry but couldn't help...🀣

QT - am sure we all gonna be shocked when we learn Neet's is no less then 50. πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: raj5000

Maya - that makes sense but again 2 endorsements with 8 shoots a week and 5 with 5 shoot a week won't make mcuh difference. Trying to suggest that its all dependent on responsible adults how they manage, if not then remove them.Limiting or banning won't help any cause. I have no second thoughts on players putting twice the effort in retaining the endorsements. Am I missing the point here?

Why does one put in more hours at work? Is it because he loves the job or wants to earn additional perks?

Now why would Cricketers put in an effort when they have a huge bank balance from advertisements? What will give them the boost? Where is bird's eye for these Arjuns?

Sound thumbnail

🀣 sorry but couldn't help...🀣

QT - am sure we all gonna be shocked when we learn Neet's is no less then 50. πŸ˜†

🀣
Haila Anshu how did you make such a close guess at my age??πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

QT can this coupon be redeemed online??πŸ˜†
raj5000 thumbnail

Why does one put in more hours at work? Is it because he loves the job or wants to earn additional perks?

Now why would Cricketers put in an effort when they have a huge bank balance from advertisements? What will give them the boost? Where is bird's eye for these Arjuns?

Maya - EST 3AM taking off on a last note, if they lack performance advertisements or perks are not going to come thier way for long. Am sure they understand that. To maintain on going flow of $ first basic thing for them is perform as CRICKET player. Will respond tomorrow to ur Q's.

Good Night guys , Maya, QT, Neet's... and

Neet's - lols close guess as I relate to yaaa as far as age is concerned πŸ˜†πŸ˜† GN guys

Sound thumbnail

Maya - EST 3AM taking off on a last note, if they lack performance advertisements or perks are not going to come thier way for long. Am sure they understand that. To maintain on going flow of $ first basic thing for them is perform as CRICKET player. Will respond tomorrow to ur Q's.

Good Night guys , Maya, QT, Neet's... and

Neet's - lols close guess as I relate to yaaa as far as age is concerned πŸ˜†πŸ˜† GN guys

Anshu, some have been lacking performance currently but have no qualms about endorsing instead of improving their game. We are a star-obsessed nation and non-performance never has a permanent effect on us. We still let them endorse coz performance or not, they are stars and stars sell. It is only after repeated failures over a period of time that we finally wake upto reality and think a person isn't good enough to be on the team and the players know this too. So before such a day arrives, they make sure they endorse as many products as they can possibly lay their hands on. They do realise they won't always be wanted if their game isn't good enough but they also know that as long as they have the chance they can quote their prices and fill up their purses.

And now it's time for me to say good night as well!! So Anshu you are nearing your half-century age wise as well??πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
sareg thumbnail

A player performs, he gets endorcements, if a player does not perform he will not get endorsements.

A company will not risk its product advertisement by being ridiculed by having a unsucessful player endorsing it.

Secondly if someone remembers about Kobe Bryant a couple of years ago, In a matter of few weeks of a rape allegation, a shoe company terminated their contract with Kobe.

It would have made sense for the BCCI to say that no time-off for endorsements say 21 days before a match etc, but limiting the # endorsemts a player can have is plain senseless

It does not help/hurt a player, he is just going to hike his price of an endorsement, highest bidder gets me(Secondly there is something called as individual rights, I guess no-one really cares about them anymore πŸ˜‰ ) But the company will not have to shell out more for a player.

Actually what this does is hands over more control of the endorsement negiotiation to the player. Say player X is playing great right now, Pepsi wants him, he can say this is my price and this is the length of the contract, there is hardly any leverage left to Pepsi, what is Pepsi going to counter with? Hey we will get AmitabhπŸ˜†?

What next? How many restaurants someone can own πŸ˜† ?

This is a classic Kneejerk reaction by the BCCI and people who want "something" to be done, are extremely happy with "something" happening

Wrong/right/senseless who cares?

Edited by sareg - 17 years ago