Shoaib and Asif advised more rest

*Fiza* thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Shoaib and Asif advised more rest

Cricinfo staff

April 7, 2007

Shoaib and Asif: Will this lethal opening combination ever play together again? AFP

Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammed Asif have been advised futher rest for two weeks to allow time for their injuries respective injuries to heal properly.

Shoaib's knee troubles and Asif's elbow injury forced their withdrawals from the World Cup and they have been advised to rest for a couple more weeks before they can return to training.

"They need at least two more weeks of rest before they are examined again by our medical panel," Zakir Khan, the board's director of cricket operations, told Reuters.

"The medical panel will decide when they can resume training," he added.

The bowlers tested positive for a banned steroid last October in out-of-competition tests conducted by the board. They were initially banned but then cleared by an appeals panel a month later.

At the time there was intense speculation that they were pulled out of the tournament because of fears that the may still be carrying traces of the steroid Nandrolone in their bodies and thus may have tested positive in the Caribbean. The PCB has consistently rubbished the speculation.

In the absence of the new-ball duo, Pakistan crashed out of the World Cup after successive losses to West Indies and Ireland.

Cricinfo

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kothra thumbnail
Yeah
i think its a good idea they should have a rest...
n after tht they even need match practise
nightangel thumbnail
yep dhy must serious about dhr job of playing cricket.. 😛
*Fiza* thumbnail

Originally posted by: nightangel

yep dhy must serious about dhr job of playing cricket.. 😛

asif must be 😳...dont know about shoaib....😡... he is always  unfit  either during the first game or couple of days before the start of the game.

Edited by Fiza_87 - 17 years ago
coolsonu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Fiza_87

asif must be 😳...dont know about shoaib....😡... he is always  unfit  either during the first game or couple of days before the start of the game.

I read this interview of Shoaib  in a local magazine....n he was very frank in that! he told many things....the most important of which was that he has many abnormalities  in his joints from birth!!!!!!!! The interviewer wrote that Shoaib had tears in his eyes wen he told about these abnormalities due to which he gets unfit so quickly!😭 Shoaib told that once a doctor said to him that he can never b a good sportsman because of all the disorders he had! This made him more ambitious than ever and he proved that he can b one!⭐️
coolsonu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I hope the duo is back in the team for the 20 20 wc! 😛 😛 It wud b brilliant!
*Fiza* thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolsonu

I read this interview of Shoaib  in a local magazine....n he was very frank in that! he told many things....the most important of which was that he has many abnormalities  in his joints from birth!!!!!!!! The interviewer wrote that Shoaib had tears in his eyes wen he told about these abnormalities due to which he gets unfit so quickly!😭 Shoaib told that once a doctor said to him that he can never b a good sportsman because of all the disorders he had! This made him more ambitious than ever and he proved that he can b one!⭐️

hey nimra!!

i have seen tht video as well..but if i show u a video where he was...dont even ask me wot he was doing there... but he is not concerned about this sport at all...belive me..... so i dont expect anything from him... he thinks too much of himself...and he focuses less on cricket.

Edited by Fiza_87 - 17 years ago
*Fiza* thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolsonu

I hope the duo is back in the team for the 20 20 wc! 😛 😛 It wud b brilliant!

yep i hope so too!!! 😳

nightangel thumbnail
hmm not a bed thought.. 😳
kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
get there backsides on to the field