Paranormal

DOTW: Evil!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sanya_s

sanya_s

Posted: 07 April 2007 at 2:01am | IP Logged

What is evil or sin?

Are men innately evil, or do circumstances make them evil???

I hope the question didnt seem too freaky!

Edited by Tearrops - 16 April 2007 at 10:10am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW: Evil!" in Paranormal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tearšrops

Tearšrops

Posted: 07 April 2007 at 8:37am | IP Logged
I think evil is conciously doing undersirable or morally bad acts in order to cause pain or harm to someone or something.

I don't believe anyone is born evil, more that society is what makes people evil and how they perceive society ie. if they don't care about others around them. Typical characterisitics of someone who causes evil in society, is that of Greed, Selfishness, inability to care about the feelings of others.

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 07 April 2007 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
I think evil is inborn, just like love is. It's the opposite of loving and since everything in this owlrd has opposites, so does love.

Evilenss grows with societal influence, but it definitely inborn! everyone has a pinch of evilness, its whetehr you control it or not that it boils down to in the end!

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 07 April 2007 at 9:57pm | IP Logged

I feel being Evil is like thinking and doing bad things, with the purpose to harm/destroy something or someone!Dead

Sin is like doing something which is not allowed/against all rules, in hindi: PAAP, right? Wink

I actually think that some people are just born Evil, and others are becoming evil by certain circumstances.

LOve,

GracellaTongue

sanya_s

sanya_s

Posted: 07 April 2007 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
I just wanted to add a thought Smile . Have any of u seen Dead Man Walking? It has excellent performances by Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon. Well, it is based on a true story.

http://www.reelviews.net/movies/d/dead_man.html

Well, in that we see Mathew Poncelot is a murderer, in one glance he is evil incarnate, but beneath all of it, he is just another frightened man trying to fit in in this world. Even I dont exactly know wat I am trying to come at, Embarrassed , but I think its circumstances which create evil.

Often we feel like we are not in full control of our lives, we do things which often we didnt mean to! I believe that society puts so much pressure on us to fit into its stereotypes, and if we dont,they reject us, I know we make society, we are 'the society' but somehow we are always trying to fit into it.

OK I am not making any sense to myself.

I am bursting with a lot of questions, I'll sort out everything and come back later and write more clearly hopefully Smile .

One more thing, we all do a lllllot of things wrongly and badly,we hurt a lot of people, but often unintentionally, does that qualify as sin?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top