Debate Mansion

Joint family or a Nuclear family (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 10

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 4:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jyoti06

Originally posted by tania.ganguly

If you are not sure after knowing the person for 10 years, then think about the ones who get married in the matter of days.

yes i agree with u tishadiBig smile...and i m already feeling the uthal pathalLOLbut i m not complainingEmbarrassed;its just that i want to resolve certain things before marriage itself, so that i can happily enter the marital bliss without any tensionBig smile.. Perish that thought because I haven't seen marriages without tension good and bad.....

.even though i hv known him from many years but i feel when u get married,u just don't become somebody's wife; but also somebody's daughter-in-law and somebody's bhabhi and all that (now i m sounding like tulsiLOL),and in all these 10yrs i hv hardly known his family and thats the biggest problemOuch...but i agree with your point of view,sometimes a girl doesn't even get to know his would-b husband properly before the marriage but still has to get married within 10-12days of their introductionConfused. or 1 week Big smile.Embarrassed..... i think in that way i will consider myself luckyEmbarrassed

You don't need more then couple of meetings if you are going for AM..Big smile !st meeting takes care of the usual physical attraction/connection and after that it is trying to find faults to satisfy your concerns but will be hard to find any as both parties are on their best behaviour...

My thoughts , if you like the person and love him as you said you do and there is nothing drastically wrong his family members then just go for it.... you have to change also when you expect others to change for you..Wink... It is all growing process...Humans have remarkable ability to adapt to domesticity...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Joint family or a Nuclear family (Page 8)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 6:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Originally posted by tania.ganguly

If you are not sure after knowing the person for 10 years, then think about the ones who get married in the matter of days.

yes i agree with u tishadiBig smile...and i m already feeling the uthal pathalLOLbut i m not complainingEmbarrassed;its just that i want to resolve certain things before marriage itself, so that i can happily enter the marital bliss without any tensionBig smile.. Perish that thought because I haven't seen marriages without tension good and bad.....

.even though i hv known him from many years but i feel when u get married,u just don't become somebody's wife; but also somebody's daughter-in-law and somebody's bhabhi and all that (now i m sounding like tulsiLOL),and in all these 10yrs i hv hardly known his family and thats the biggest problemOuch...but i agree with your point of view,sometimes a girl doesn't even get to know his would-b husband properly before the marriage but still has to get married within 10-12days of their introductionConfused. or 1 week Big smile.Embarrassed..... i think in that way i will consider myself luckyEmbarrassed

You don't need more then couple of meetings if you are going for AM..Big smile !st meeting takes care of the usual physical attraction/connection and after that it is trying to find faults to satisfy your concerns but will be hard to find any as both parties are on their best behaviour...

My thoughts , if you like the person and love him as you said you do and there is nothing drastically wrong his family members then just go for it.... you have to change also when you expect others to change for you..Wink... It is all growing process...Humans have remarkable ability to adapt to domesticity...

but do u really think a girl's expectation that her in-laws will change themselves for her  has ever been fulfilledWink...at the end of the day its always the girl and her family who does all the sacrificingBig smilein fact i hv mentally adapted myself to a new domestic life that is to come in the near future in my dream house,..and .now it remains to b seen what will the constitution of my dream houseLOL

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 7:00am | IP Logged

but do u really think a girl's expectation that her in-laws will change themselves for her  has ever been fulfilledWink...at the end of the day its always the girl and her family who does all the sacrificingBig smilein fact i hv mentally adapted myself to a new domestic life that is to come in the near future in my dream house,..and .now it remains to b seen what will the constitution of my dream houseLOL

Jyoti...you have so much light in you...You got that abs right... Don't expect others to change if you are not willing to change for them... You do your part and they will come around later or sooner if you are blessed..Big smile Don't worry about all and sundry..

And remember to pray- To have strength to change things in your power, courage to accept things that cannot be changed and wisdom to know the difference.Big smile 

AmritaRao-Nina

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 9:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

mcm226

IF-Sizzlerz

mcm226

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 11:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by egghatcher

joint family= MOPBIST
nuclear family=MYOPAP
key
mOPBIST=minding other peoples business in spare time
MYOPAP=minding your own pleasure and pain

LOL.....n thanks for the keysWinkLOLLOL.........................

Edited by mcm226 - 08 April 2007 at 11:08pm

mcm226

IF-Sizzlerz

mcm226

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ani11

Originally posted by mcm226

Originally posted by ani11

LOLLOLLOLMandy......those were simple words..believe me.........if u read each word individually u will get their meaning........LOLLOL.....they are all english words except tolstoyshtically which is egglishLOL

Jyoti i have hired u as my marathi teacher...ON the forum........LOLLOL........thanks Guruji...Embarrassed

hey aniLOLLOL................the words r simple but i'm unable to understand the meaning of complete phraseConfusedOuch..............plz u be my teacherji n explain me plzzzzzSmile

mandy ...........the meaning of the complete phrase..............we will let taranji explain that...LOLLOL..............don't know egglish...Cry

aniji LOLLOL

plz taranji,turant explain kariyeSmileTongue

pardeep1954

pardeep1954

Posted: 06 April 2009 at 8:02am | IP Logged

I perfactly agree with the guy that now a days most of the people have only two kids, even out of this two most of the people have a girl and a boy, whereas girl has to go to her  house sooner or later. Hence joint family means son, his wife and parents. If this is called a joint family and the girls of today are expressing their views against joint family then ashame on us.  I think under these  circumstances both the parents as well bride must decide it prior to the marriage for such relationship, so that no one may suffer atheir and hurt in future. We must also think positively about those people to whom we are leaving in case newly weds plan to have their seperate house for their dreams. The people left must also have their dreams somedays. Moreover why our thinking differs while we are on the part of male or female, means when we talk about our boy we have differant thought, and when we talk for our  girl we have a seperate thought, is it right.

apux

IF-Rockerz

apux

Posted: 07 April 2009 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Wow, this post was brought back from the dead.

First of all, I don't think grandparents are part of a joint family.  To me, joint family means having more than one married couple from the same generation.  I'd prefer a nuclear family, without a doubt.  I really think distance between families will maintain relationships.  The closer families live together, the more problems.  What do you guys think the saas-bahu sagas are based on?   

Privacy is vital for any marriage.  The relationship between the parents will affect the kids.  I think at the end of the day, it should be the parents and kids (and the grandparents).  That is the immediate family.     

Post Reply New Post

Go to top