Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Joint family or a Nuclear family (Page 7)

raunaq IF-Sizzlerz
raunaq
raunaq

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sound

Originally posted by raunaq

i encountered two joint families while on a visit. looking at the family size, i was stunned. Wink i always wondered how would they remember whose kid is whose</span> and how they even function as one whole family. its amazing but at the same time having a joint family might have their own advantages and disadvantages. in joint family you always have to encounter the other members of the family whereas in nuclear family, you can make your decisions yourself. i am not trying to potray joint family system in a bad way. there might be other members who might know how the joint family system works. therefore, the best suggestion would be to angle for your fiances suggestion. talk to him. its better to talk to him before marriage about how you feel about joint family. and then try to seek step what you think is right. your views are valid and then try to weigh his views from his side as well and then both of you make the decision.
LOLRaunaq, It might seem hard to you. But for people living in that family, unless they are from a Kekta serial (where paternity is always under doubtDead) they shouldn't have any such problems.Moreover, these days when parents do not have more than 2 kids usually, I don't think joint families are that big. I totally agree with DB, nuclear family with joint family within easy reach is the best situation. (not across the street like Marie and Raymond thoughWink)

yes you are right, i would agree to what qt said. taking example from marie and raymond big no no Ouch Ouch Ouch make sure that the distance should be capable of having one to drive or at least spend money on the bus Wink

Edited by raunaq - 06 April 2007 at 8:05pm
Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 07 April 2007 at 12:09am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sound

Originally posted by raunaq

i encountered two joint families while on a visit. looking at the family size, i was stunned. i always wondered how would they remember whose kid is whose and how they even function as one whole family. its amazing but at the same time having a joint family might have their own advantages and disadvantages. in joint family you always have to encounter the other members of the family whereas in nuclear family, you can make your decisions yourself. i am not trying to potray joint family system in a bad way. there might be other members who might know how the joint family system works. therefore, the best suggestion would be to angle for your fiances suggestion. talk to him. its better to talk to him before marriage about how you feel about joint family. and then try to seek step what you think is right. your views are valid and then try to weigh his views from his side as well and then both of you make the decision.

LOL
Raunaq, It might seem hard to you. But for people living in that family, unless they are from a Kekta serial (where paternity is always under doubtDead) they shouldn't have any such problems.
Moreover, these days when parents do not have more than 2 kids usually, I don't think joint families are that big.

I totally agree with DB, nuclear family with joint family within easy reach is the best situation. (not across the street like Marie and Raymond thoughWink)

Yeah No reach out and touch someone Wink LOL Too close for comfort eh Ouch LOL

...M... IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 April 2007 at 12:20am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
raunaq IF-Sizzlerz
raunaq
raunaq

Posted: 07 April 2007 at 1:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

I love joint family concept. Children can take care of parents. Parents can continue to advice their children. They can also take care of grandkids and it is also cheap too since everyone will share work and money. Freedom is there when one is inside their room or goes out together. No worries of being lonely. There will be hardly any husband-wife fights because parents will interfere and solve them. Now about having difference of opinion with others then everyone needs to do some adjustment. How does one work in a big establishment? You get along with everyone or try to get along with everyone. Similarly it is not like you are with rest of the family for 24/7. You will have your things to attend to. So if possible ideally joint families are fun to live in.

Clap Clap Clap good point

Edited by raunaq - 07 April 2007 at 1:10am
*Simran* IF-Stunnerz
*Simran*
*Simran*

Posted: 07 April 2007 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Maya_M wrote:
I love joint family concept. Children can take care of parents. Parents can continue to advice their children. They can also take care of grandkids and it is also cheap too since everyone will share work and money. Freedom is there when one is inside their room or goes out together. No worries of being lonely. There will be hardly any husband-wife fights because parents will interfere and solve them. Now about having difference of opinion with others then everyone needs to do some adjustment. How does one work in a big establishment? You get along with everyone or try to get along with everyone. Similarly it is not like you are with rest of the family for 24/7. You will have your things to attend to. So if possible ideally joint families are fun to live in.

agree wth u joint families hv lot of advanteges

ani11 IF-Sizzlerz
ani11
ani11

Posted: 07 April 2007 at 6:00pm | IP Logged

Edited by ani11 - 08 October 2009 at 3:35pm
Sound IF-Rockerz
Sound
Sound

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 12:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Maya I loved this post. I have always liked the joint family concept too. I had always wanted to live very close to my cousins so we could play and have fun together. With the family size decreasing, I do think joint familiies offer children better company too.
jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 2:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Originally posted by jyoti06

Originally posted by ani11

Originally posted by jyoti06

Originally posted by ani11

Originally posted by mcm226

i think a family that has survived for long as an HUF or simply UF deserves a shake up with yet another married woman in its fold ..

wondering if people search can google thus and churn out spicy details on MIL FIL BIL SIL  so as to be prepared for war or peace a la tolstoyishtically LOL

sarva dokyawarun  gelaConfusedOuchOuch..........plz explain this in simple words Smile

everyone is speaking marathi........i need a marathi teacher quick.........LOL..........OK what does that mean in hindi or english ......pleaseEmbarrassed

in hindi it means"dimaag ke upar se sab kuch nikal gaya"LOLand in english it means"everything has gone from above my head like a tangent"LOL

LOLLOLLOLMandy......those were simple words..believe me.........if u read each word individually u will get their meaning........LOLLOL.....they are all english words except tolstoyshtically which is egglishLOL

Jyoti i have hired u as my marathi teacher...ON the forum........LOLLOL........thanks Guruji...Embarrassed

well Ani then theres a chance i may misguide uWink because i m bengaliEmbarrassedLOL...its just that i stay in mumbai so know a little bitTongue

[/QUOTE]

Let us not combine the two , shall we? That would be one deadly combination.Wink

And Gags, sansar korte naamccho ma, ektu uthal pathal to hobei.Big smile

If you are not sure after knowing the person for 10 years, then think about the ones who get married in the matter of days.

[/QUOTE]

yes i agree with u tishadiBig smile...and i m already feeling the uthal pathalLOLbut i m not complainingEmbarrassed;its just that i want to resolve certain things before marriage itself, so that i can happily enter the marital bliss without any tensionBig smile..

.even though i hv known him from many years but i feel when u get married,u just don't become somebody's wife; but also somebody's daughter-in-law and somebody's bhabhi and all that (now i m sounding like tulsiLOL),and in all these 10yrs i hv hardly known his family and thats the biggest problemOuch...but i agree with your point of view,sometimes a girl doesn't even get to know his would-b husband properly before the marriage but still has to get married within 10-12days of their introductionConfused.i think in that way i will consider myself luckyEmbarrassed

Go to top