Debate Mansion

Joint family or a Nuclear family (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 10

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 2:13pm | IP Logged

Edited by ani11 - 08 October 2009 at 3:34pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Joint family or a Nuclear family (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ani11

Originally posted by mcm226

i think a family that has survived for long as an HUF or simply UF deserves a shake up with yet another married woman in its fold ..

wondering if people search can google thus and churn out spicy details on MIL FIL BIL SIL  so as to be prepared for war or peace a la tolstoyishtically LOL

sarva dokyawarun  gelaConfusedOuchOuch..........plz explain this in simple words Smile

[/QUOTE]

everyone is speaking marathi........i need a marathi teacher quick.........LOL..........OK what does that mean in hindi or english ......pleaseEmbarrassed

[/QUOTE]

in hindi it means"dimaag ke upar se sab kuch nikal gaya"LOLand in english it means"everything has gone from above my head like a tangent"LOL

Edited by jyoti06 - 06 April 2007 at 2:19pm

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 2:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by salooni

just a humble aside
wouldnt it be better if we do not treat marriage in joint or nuclear family as one in shantiniketan?
As long as one keeps joys and sorrows under wrap ( avoid the temptation to run over for advice to an elder as long as it is possible ) the marriage has a great chance to work and flourish in years as you think of welcome bundle of additions
In Marathi they have a wonderful saying . "Jhakli Mooth savva lakha chi" .
Thank you all

Salooni,

Are you saying that work on your problems between the two and not run to parents and as years go by have better chance of surviving??  This kahave does not go with the previous statement. IMO  kahavat means "Bandh muthi sawa lakh ni" which I interprete as Keep it between the parties concerned.  In short shove the problem under the rug or be egyptian to the fact that there is problem.  Am I right?? Correct me if I am wrong Confused 

Pls enlighten us what u mean by this?? 

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 2:24pm | IP Logged

Edited by ani11 - 08 October 2009 at 3:34pm

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 2:26pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by jyoti06

Originally posted by mcm226

i think a family that has survived for long as an HUF or simply UF deserves a shake up with yet another married woman in its fold ..

wondering if people search can google thus and churn out spicy details on MIL FIL BIL SIL  so as to be prepared for war or peace a la tolstoyishtically LOL

sarva dokyawarun  gelaConfusedOuchOuch..........plz explain this in simple words Smile

everyone is speaking marathi........i need a marathi teacher quick.........LOL..........OK what does that mean in hindi or english ......pleaseEmbarrassed

in hindi it means"dimaag ke upar se sab kuch nikal gaya"LOLand in english it means"everything has gone from above my head like a tangent"LOL

[/QUOTE]

LOLLOLLOLMandy......those were simple words..believe me.........if u read each word individually u will get their meaning........LOLLOL.....they are all english words except tolstoyshtically which is egglishLOL

Jyoti i have hired u as my marathi teacher...ON the forum........LOLLOL........thanks Guruji...Embarrassed

[/QUOTE]

well Ani then theres a chance i may misguide uWink because i m bengaliEmbarrassedLOL...its just that i stay in mumbai so know a little bitTongue

mcm226

IF-Sizzlerz

mcm226

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 2:57pm | IP Logged

LOLLOLLOLMandy......those were simple words..believe me.........if u read each word individually u will get their meaning........LOLLOL.....they are all english words except tolstoyshtically which is egglishLOL

Jyoti i have hired u as my marathi teacher...ON the forum........LOLLOL........thanks Guruji...Embarrassed

hey aniLOLLOL................the words r simple but i'm unable to understand the meaning of complete phraseConfusedOuch..............plz u be my teacherji n explain me plzzzzzSmile

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
i encountered two joint families while on a visit. looking at the family size, i was stunned. i always wondered how would they remember whose kid is whose and how they even function as one whole family. its amazing but at the same time having a joint family might have their own advantages and disadvantages. in joint family you always have to encounter the other members of the family whereas in nuclear family, you can make your decisions yourself. i am not trying to potray joint family system in a bad way. there might be other members who might know how the joint family system works. therefore, the best suggestion would be to angle for your fiances suggestion. talk to him. its better to talk to him before marriage about how you feel about joint family. and then try to seek step what you think is right. your views are valid and then try to weigh his views from his side as well and then both of you make the decision.

Edited by raunaq - 06 April 2007 at 6:30pm

Sound

IF-Rockerz

Sound

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raunaq

i encountered two joint families while on a visit. looking at the family size, i was stunned. i always wondered how would they remember whose kid is whose and how they even function as one whole family. its amazing but at the same time having a joint family might have their own advantages and disadvantages. in joint family you always have to encounter the other members of the family whereas in nuclear family, you can make your decisions yourself. i am not trying to potray joint family system in a bad way. there might be other members who might know how the joint family system works. therefore, the best suggestion would be to angle for your fiances suggestion. talk to him. its better to talk to him before marriage about how you feel about joint family. and then try to seek step what you think is right. your views are valid and then try to weigh his views from his side as well and then both of you make the decision.

LOL
Raunaq, It might seem hard to you. But for people living in that family, unless they are from a Kekta serial (where paternity is always under doubtDead) they shouldn't have any such problems.
Moreover, these days when parents do not have more than 2 kids usually, I don't think joint families are that big.

I totally agree with DB, nuclear family with joint family within easy reach is the best situation. (not across the street like Marie and Raymond thoughWink)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top