Debate Mansion

Joint family or a Nuclear family (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 3 Page 10

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 05 April 2007 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
Thank you for all your eye openers.....Since this baalak still hasn't dabbled his hands and other thingies in the marital bliss...he is taking great lessons of life here... LOL

And now that we have had enuff of the debate on this topic shall we switch to the next topic which is Baal-Vivah? LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Joint family or a Nuclear family (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 05 April 2007 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Nuclear Family all the way!!

I have seen what can REALLY happen when a person who has lived all his life in a nuclear family.. and then joins a joint family: My sisters..

We are a nuclear family since loooong. And tell you what, its still much more time consuming to understand your parents, your siblings...and most importantly yourself..I really can't imagine how people adjust and get satisfied in a joint family where there is so much Dead type of things happening 24/7... Confused Confused Confused

Both my sisters didn't know the working and the gossip & politics & bickering and Dead things involved in joint families Cry ... Very Very very very hard to adjust.. and then the family expects you to tolerate all this non-sense alone. DeadMy sisters did tolerate a hell! Its a huge terrible bargain.. I would NEVER EVER sacrifice myself, my ideologies, my thinking, my decisions and most importantly my Identity for the sake of joint family .. Call me self-centered, Call me westernized, Call me anything!! I don't care. But guys, its simply not worth it! I have seen it for my sisters.. Huge amount of self-sacrifice Ouch And i would sincerely advise anyone the same...NOT to go for joing families..Period!

These are my two cents Smile I hold high respect for the views of other members.. please respect mine Smile

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 12:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ChameliKaYaar

Thank you for all your eye openers.....Since this baalak still hasn't dabbled his hands and other thingies in the marital bliss...he is taking great lessons of life here... LOL

And now that we have had enuff of the debate on this topic shall we switch to the next topic which is Baal-Vivah? LOL

what is baal-vivah? vivah means marriage but what is baal vivah?

Edited by raunaq - 06 April 2007 at 12:02am

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 12:21am | IP Logged

Edited by ani11 - 08 October 2009 at 3:32pm

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 12:34am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 1:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by raunaq

what is baal-vivah? vivah means marriage but what is baal vivah?

And Baal means Hair ROFL

Sorry Raunaqwa. I love your innocence. You always ask cute questions. I have noticed in all forums.

Baal Vivah means Child marriage.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 1:13am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ChameliKaYaar

Well in my mind...we have 2 topics of debate....
1. Joint v./s nuclear family..
2. Baal Vivah....(16 years old and married LOL LOL LOL )...

So which one you want me to debate first..... LOL LOL LOL

to b very frank i had a indirect baal-vivaah onlyConfusedLOL..we got engaged when i was 12yrs old Ouch...and thats another topic for debate that is it right for the parents to get your children engaged at such an early age just for the sake of your family paramparaAngry..but anyways i don't hv any complain because i fell in love with the same person when i was 16yrs oldLOL...see how  complicated my life isLOLConfused

Edited by jyoti06 - 06 April 2007 at 1:21am

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 1:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Joint family system vs. Nuclear family system

First of all Jyoti , is this LM or AM? coz if it is AM then I am confused how you agreed to it in the first place after knowing about your nuclear fam upbringing...

Anyway it depends on what your husband to be wants... If he wants to stay in joint family then you are going to fight a losing battle...

Most importantly you have to know and stick with what you want and decide to live your life...It is hard but one can adjust if the joint family is not typical like Kekta families...

Expect tons of changes in your life after marriage either way....Wink

it was arranged when i was 12Confused...love happened at 16Embarrassedwith the same person of courseWinkand now the worst phase that is marriage is happenengOuchLOL...even though i prefer to b in a nuclear family anyday but i know at the end of the day my feelings will b supressed somewhereOuchuntil and unless i start hen-pecking my fiance beforehandWink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top