Joint family or a Nuclear family - Page 6

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 17 years ago

I love joint family concept. Children can take care of parents. Parents can continue to advice their children. They can also take care of grandkids and it is also cheap too since everyone will share work and money. Freedom is there when one is inside their room or goes out together. No worries of being lonely. There will be hardly any husband-wife fights because parents will interfere and solve them. Now about having difference of opinion with others then everyone needs to do some adjustment. How does one work in a big establishment? You get along with everyone or try to get along with everyone. Similarly it is not like you are with rest of the family for 24/7. You will have your things to attend to. So if possible ideally joint families are fun to live in.

raunaq thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maya_M

I love joint family concept. Children can take care of parents. Parents can continue to advice their children. They can also take care of grandkids and it is also cheap too since everyone will share work and money. Freedom is there when one is inside their room or goes out together. No worries of being lonely. There will be hardly any husband-wife fights because parents will interfere and solve them. Now about having difference of opinion with others then everyone needs to do some adjustment. How does one work in a big establishment? You get along with everyone or try to get along with everyone. Similarly it is not like you are with rest of the family for 24/7. You will have your things to attend to. So if possible ideally joint families are fun to live in.

👏 👏 👏 good pointEdited by raunaq - 17 years ago
*Simran* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Maya_M wrote:

agree wth u joint families hv lot of advanteges

ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
.Edited by ani11 - 14 years ago
Sound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maya_M

Maya I loved this post. I have always liked the joint family concept too. I had always wanted to live very close to my cousins so we could play and have fun together. With the family size decreasing, I do think joint familiies offer children better company too.
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: tania.ganguly

😆😆😆Mandy......those were simple words..believe me.........if u read each word individually u will get their meaning........😆😆.....they are all english words except tolstoyshtically which is egglish😆

Jyoti i have hired u as my marathi teacher...ON the forum........😆😆........thanks Guruji...😳

well Ani then theres a chance i may misguide u😉 because i m bengali😳😆...its just that i stay in mumbai so know a little bit😛

Let us not combine the two , shall we? That would be one deadly combination.😉

And Gags, sansar korte naamccho ma, ektu uthal pathal to hobei.😃

If you are not sure after knowing the person for 10 years, then think about the ones who get married in the matter of days.

yes i agree with u tishadi😃...and i m already feeling the uthal pathal😆but i m not complaining😳;its just that i want to resolve certain things before marriage itself, so that i can happily enter the marital bliss without any tension😃..

.even though i hv known him from many years but i feel when u get married,u just don't become somebody's wife; but also somebody's daughter-in-law and somebody's bhabhi and all that (now i m sounding like tulsi😆),and in all these 10yrs i hv hardly known his family and thats the biggest problem...but i agree with your point of view,sometimes a girl doesn't even get to know his would-b husband properly before the marriage but still has to get married within 10-12days of their introduction😕.i think in that way i will consider myself lucky😳

lighthouse thumbnail
Originally posted by: jyoti06

yes i agree with u tishadi😃...and i m already feeling the uthal pathal😆but i m not complaining😳;its just that i want to resolve certain things before marriage itself, so that i can happily enter the marital bliss without any tension😃.. Perish that thought because I haven't seen marriages without tension good and bad.....

.even though i hv known him from many years but i feel when u get married,u just don't become somebody's wife; but also somebody's daughter-in-law and somebody's bhabhi and all that (now i m sounding like tulsi😆),and in all these 10yrs i hv hardly known his family and thats the biggest problem...but i agree with your point of view,sometimes a girl doesn't even get to know his would-b husband properly before the marriage but still has to get married within 10-12days of their introduction😕. or 1 week 😃.😳..... i think in that way i will consider myself lucky😳

You don't need more then couple of meetings if you are going for AM..😃 !st meeting takes care of the usual physical attraction/connection and after that it is trying to find faults to satisfy your concerns but will be hard to find any as both parties are on their best behaviour...

My thoughts , if you like the person and love him as you said you do and there is nothing drastically wrong his family members then just go for it.... you have to change also when you expect others to change for you..😉... It is all growing process...Humans have remarkable ability to adapt to domesticity...

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: lighthouse

You don't need more then couple of meetings if you are going for AM..😃 !st meeting takes care of the usual physical attraction/connection and after that it is trying to find faults to satisfy your concerns but will be hard to find any as both parties are on their best behaviour...

My thoughts , if you like the person and love him as you said you do and there is nothing drastically wrong his family members then just go for it.... you have to change also when you expect others to change for you..😉... It is all growing process...Humans have remarkable ability to adapt to domesticity...

but do u really think a girl's expectation that her in-laws will change themselves for her  has ever been fulfilled😉...at the end of the day its always the girl and her family who does all the sacrificing😃in fact i hv mentally adapted myself to a new domestic life that is to come in the near future in my dream house,..and .now it remains to b seen what will the constitution of my dream house😆

lighthouse thumbnail
Originally posted by: jyoti06

but do u really think a girl's expectation that her in-laws will change themselves for her  has ever been fulfilled😉...at the end of the day its always the girl and her family who does all the sacrificing😃in fact i hv mentally adapted myself to a new domestic life that is to come in the near future in my dream house,..and .now it remains to b seen what will the constitution of my dream house😆

Jyoti...you have so much light in you...You got that abs right... Don't expect others to change if you are not willing to change for them... You do your part and they will come around later or sooner if you are blessed..😃 Don't worry about all and sundry..

And remember to pray- To have strength to change things in your power, courage to accept things that cannot be changed and wisdom to know the difference.😃 

Hi

well i use to live in a joint family for 20 years and now we brought a bigger house and moved 5 mins away.When we lived together we basically lived two seperate familys (We lived with our chaca and his wife , kids who got married 6/7 years before and grandma). Now we live by ourselves. I dont mind either to be honest 😊 though i miss how easy it was to see my chaca and chachi etc.

As for after marriage i dont thinkt i would mind living with inlaws as long as they not controlling 😆 but seriously year or twos good 😳 because it makes you closer to family then get your own place.

My view is that its not living in one house makes a joint family its respect you give to each other 😛. Even now i would say i live in a joint family because a close to my chacha chachi etc when one family has guest we all get together.

nina.