Joint family or a Nuclear family - Page 5

Posted: 17 years ago
.Edited by ani11 - 14 years ago
Originally posted by ani11

i think a family that has survived for long as an HUF or simply UF deserves a shake up with yet another married woman in its fold ..

wondering if people search can google thus and churn out spicy details on MIL FIL BIL SIL  so as to be prepared for war or peace a la tolstoyishtically ๐Ÿ˜†

sarva dokyawarun  gela๐Ÿ˜•..........plz explain this in simple words ๐Ÿ˜Š

everyone is speaking marathi........i need a marathi teacher quick.........๐Ÿ˜†..........OK what does that mean in hindi or english ......please๐Ÿ˜ณ

in hindi it means"dimaag ke upar se sab kuch nikal gaya"๐Ÿ˜†and in english it means"everything has gone from above my head like a tangent"๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by jyoti06 - 17 years ago

Originally posted by salooni

just a humble aside
wouldnt it be better if we do not treat marriage in joint or nuclear family as one in shantiniketan?
As long as one keeps joys and sorrows under wrap ( avoid the temptation to run over for advice to an elder as long as it is possible ) the marriage has a great chance to work and flourish in years as you think of welcome bundle of additions
In Marathi they have a wonderful saying . "Jhakli Mooth savva lakha chi" .
Thank you all

Salooni,

Are you saying that work on your problems between the two and not run to parents and as years go by have better chance of surviving??  This kahave does not go with the previous statement. IMO  kahavat means "Bandh muthi sawa lakh ni" which I interprete as Keep it between the parties concerned.  In short shove the problem under the rug or be egyptian to the fact that there is problem.  Am I right?? Correct me if I am wrong ๐Ÿ˜• 

Pls enlighten us what u mean by this?? 

.Edited by ani11 - 14 years ago

everyone is speaking marathi........i need a marathi teacher quick.........๐Ÿ˜†..........OK what does that mean in hindi or english ......please๐Ÿ˜ณ

in hindi it means"dimaag ke upar se sab kuch nikal gaya"๐Ÿ˜†and in english it means"everything has gone from above my head like a tangent"๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†Mandy......those were simple words..believe me.........if u read each word individually u will get their meaning........๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.....they are all english words except tolstoyshtically which is egglish๐Ÿ˜†

Jyoti i have hired u as my marathi teacher...ON the forum........๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†........thanks Guruji...๐Ÿ˜ณ

well Ani then theres a chance i may misguide u๐Ÿ˜‰ because i m bengali๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†...its just that i stay in mumbai so know a little bit๐Ÿ˜›

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†Mandy......those were simple words..believe me.........if u read each word individually u will get their meaning........๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.....they are all english words except tolstoyshtically which is egglish๐Ÿ˜†

Jyoti i have hired u as my marathi teacher...ON the forum........๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†........thanks Guruji...๐Ÿ˜ณ

hey ani๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†................the words r simple but i'm unable to understand the meaning of complete phrase๐Ÿ˜•..............plz u be my teacherji n explain me plzzzzz๐Ÿ˜Š

i encountered two joint families while on a visit. looking at the family size, i was stunned. i always wondered how would they remember whose kid is whose and how they even function as one whole family. its amazing but at the same time having a joint family might have their own advantages and disadvantages. in joint family you always have to encounter the other members of the family whereas in nuclear family, you can make your decisions yourself. i am not trying to potray joint family system in a bad way. there might be other members who might know how the joint family system works. therefore, the best suggestion would be to angle for your fiances suggestion. talk to him. its better to talk to him before marriage about how you feel about joint family. and then try to seek step what you think is right. your views are valid and then try to weigh his views from his side as well and then both of you make the decision. Edited by raunaq - 17 years ago
Originally posted by raunaq

i encountered two joint families while on a visit. looking at the family size, i was stunned. i always wondered how would they remember whose kid is whose and how they even function as one whole family. its amazing but at the same time having a joint family might have their own advantages and disadvantages. in joint family you always have to encounter the other members of the family whereas in nuclear family, you can make your decisions yourself. i am not trying to potray joint family system in a bad way. there might be other members who might know how the joint family system works. therefore, the best suggestion would be to angle for your fiances suggestion. talk to him. its better to talk to him before marriage about how you feel about joint family. and then try to seek step what you think is right. your views are valid and then try to weigh his views from his side as well and then both of you make the decision.

๐Ÿ˜†
Raunaq, It might seem hard to you. But for people living in that family, unless they are from a Kekta serial (where paternity is always under doubt๐Ÿคข) they shouldn't have any such problems.
Moreover, these days when parents do not have more than 2 kids usually, I don't think joint families are that big.

I totally agree with DB, nuclear family with joint family within easy reach is the best situation. (not across the street like Marie and Raymond though๐Ÿ˜‰)

Originally posted by Sound

๐Ÿ˜†Raunaq, It might seem hard to you. But for people living in that family, unless they are from a Kekta serial (where paternity is always under doubt๐Ÿคข) they shouldn't have any such problems.Moreover, these days when parents do not have more than 2 kids usually, I don't think joint families are that big. I totally agree with DB, nuclear family with joint family within easy reach is the best situation. (not across the street like Marie and Raymond though๐Ÿ˜‰)

yes you are right, i would agree to what qt said. taking example from marie and raymond big no no make sure that the distance should be capable of having one to drive or at least spend money on the bus ๐Ÿ˜‰ Edited by raunaq - 17 years ago

Originally posted by Sound

๐Ÿ˜†
Raunaq, It might seem hard to you. But for people living in that family, unless they are from a Kekta serial (where paternity is always under doubt๐Ÿคข) they shouldn't have any such problems.
Moreover, these days when parents do not have more than 2 kids usually, I don't think joint families are that big.

I totally agree with DB, nuclear family with joint family within easy reach is the best situation. (not across the street like Marie and Raymond though๐Ÿ˜‰)

Yeah No reach out and touch someone ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜† Too close for comfort eh  ๐Ÿ˜†