Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 22

Page 1
Page   of 22
Page 2 Page 22

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Provoked - Your views" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:24pm | IP Logged

Edited by ani11 - 08 October 2009 at 4:11pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
I agree with anita and will comment later when I see it / read about it.   Big smile

Edited by mermaid_QT - 04 April 2007 at 1:28pm

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Sound

IF-Rockerz

Sound

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Very Very thought Provoking Maya!

1. Is killing justified in any case?
I have wondered a lot over this question, even before I heard of this movie. And I think, it is justified in some cases. If I am in danger and the only way out for me will be life-threatening for the person who is dangerous to me, I think I would do anything possible to save my self. E.g., If I was kidnapped and was lucky enough to have an upper hand over my abductor, I would definitely do whatever it takes to free myself. As harsh or cruel as it might sound, depending on the danger I might go all the way. Though, realistically speaking I think I will be too frightened and s**t scared to do anythingWink. But yes, I do believe that if killing is the only way out to save oneself, then it is justified as a means of self-defence.

2. Do you believe in her story?
I do not know her story in great detail, but from what I have read: yes I do believe her.

3. Does one deserve a bravery award for murder, whatever the circumstances be?
My first reaction to this question was NO. But then I was reminded of the bravery awards given to children on Republic Day (I am not too sure about the day). I don't know if any of them have actually involved murders, but if a kid in the process of saving oneself or others had to resort to that, then I would applaud them for their bravery. And why just kids, if a threat to the society has been murdered in not so easy circumstances that is bravery in my opinion. We do award medals to our soldiers fighting on the warfront for their bravery, don't we? Those blazing guns are actually killing people at the other end, but it's done for self-defense and we as a nation feel proud of our soldiers!

So yeah, from what I know about KA, she had been abused mentally, physically and sexually and I do think she had been provoked enough for her to take the extreme step.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Thanks Ani for the prompt response. If you need I can post more links. The movie is going to be one sided as in from Kiranjit's viewpoint. So if you post your views after watching the movie it is going to be biased.Big smile

She received a bravery award from Mrs.Tony Blair.

QT, same is applicable to youLOL

Okay. I read and since am not allowed to watch before posting,  I still agree with Anita LOLLOLLOL

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Edited by ani11 - 08 October 2009 at 4:11pm

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Originally posted by Maya_M

All of us agree that there is no excuse for domestic violence but

1. Is killing justified in any case?

In case of self defense or if saving anyone else

2. Do you believe in her story?

I think I know why the questionLOL

but From what I read, yes I do, and fat chance we are going to know the other side

3. Does one deserve a bravery award for murder, whatever the circumstances be?

if saving some else, yes, but then is it called murder?

More comments are welcome.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top