Pakistani Serials
Pakistani Serials

India-Forums

how do u make ubtan?

sadiluke Newbie
sadiluke
sadiluke

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
does anyone know how to make ubtan at home?

biatchali Senior Member
biatchali
biatchali

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
wots that? Confused
kalli IF-Dazzler
kalli
kalli

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Here are two recipes. They are not mine I got them from Internet.

I have 2 ubtan recipes, one for your body and one for your face. When massaged into your skin on a regular basis (daily is best, when possible!) you will notice more glowing and lovely skin. I recommend doing the body massage in the morning right before you wash and the facial massage at night before bed, but do whatever is convenient for you!

FULL BODY GENERAL BEAUTY MASSAGE UBTAN FORMULA 4 Tbsp. chickpea flour 2 Tbsp. almond oil 1 tsp. turmeric 1 tsp. fenugreek powder 1 tsp. wheat germ oil 1/4 tsp. rose oil Mix all ingredients and use this made fresh each day for 40 days to massage the entire body. After the massage take a warm shower to remove.

FACIAL MASSAGE UBTAN FORMULA 1 Tbsp. almond paste 1 Tbsp. cashew paste 1-1/2 tsp. pistachio paste 1 Tbsp. malai (skim off boiled milk) 1 Tbsp. wheat germ oil 1 Tbsp. rose water 1/4 cup red lentil paste chickpea flour (to thicken) Grind the nuts in a blender on high until pulverized, then add remaining ingredients. Use as a facial massage. Let dry then wash it off. Pat face dry with a clean towel.

kalli IF-Dazzler
kalli
kalli

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:13pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by biatchali

wots that? Confused

It is like a mask Wink. In some countries it is a tradition for brides-to-be to have an ubtan ten days before wedding and apply it every day. And some people apply this to bride on her Mehndi.

Edited by kalli - 04 April 2007 at 1:15pm
kalli IF-Dazzler
kalli
kalli

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Another recipe

Ayurvedic Ubtan Mask

2 Tbsp of fine almond meal
2 Tbsp of fine oatmeal
1 Tbsp of white clay ( i used kaolin)
1 Tsp of nutmeg

Mix ingredients with an egg, (whole egg for combination skin, Egg white for oily untoned skin and egg yolk for dry mature skin)

Pat on skin and leave for 15 mins or until dry.
To remove use warm milk and gently rub off with finger tips.
For oily skin use skim milk

Kripa_neha IF-Dazzler
Kripa_neha
Kripa_neha

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
cool ye to mujhe bhi nahin pata tha ke kya hai
thanks for telling
and thanks for the recipes Big smile
wini IF-Veteran Member
wini
wini

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
why do u want to know that?????
r u getting mary.......... Wink Big smile
sadiluke Newbie
sadiluke
sadiluke

Posted: 05 April 2007 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
i want to know cuz my sis is getting married, and we r going to have a maayon party for her. we need ubtan for that. i don't know what they put in the powder that is sold at desi stores. i don't want her to have some weird reaction to it and then have rashes on her wedding.   Smile so i want to make it at home.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index