Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 03 April 2007 at 9:18pm | IP Logged

"All she sees is through her eyes, and her eyes tell her nothing but lies".

I hope I got the quote right. What if how you see yourself is totally different from what you are? How do you tell what is the real you?

I will give an example, relating to the 'socially crippled' post:

for instance, a person considers himself or herself to be very loving, caring, and giving. The same person is socially inapt. He or she showers all he/she got on random people; is this person really loving or caring? or looking to hold onto some object or person? cause he/she is selfish, and maybe even goes to the point where he/she is suffocating another or being too possessive. How do you classify this person? Selfish or selfless? This is just one example! 

Also, are people usually full of contradictions? personality, and thinking wise. Or is it only a trait of confused, lost, and disfigured sense of self?

Looking forward to answers.Big smile

Persy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who are you?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 03 April 2007 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
nice post persy! Clap

only dishonest people do that. it is not hard to be who you are at all times. if there is something bothersome about one, then one should work on changing that particular aspect instead of faking to be somebody else.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 03 April 2007 at 9:21pm

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 03 April 2007 at 9:26pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

nice post persy! Clap

only dishonest people do that. it is not hard to be who you are at all times. if there is something bothersome about one, then one should work on changing that particular aspect instead of faking to be somebody else.

Is the person really being dishonest? What if he or she has a wrong sense of self... meaning a confused perception about all. Sometimes, it can be hard to tell if a person is caught in the middle of something. Confused

RonnieK

IF-Rockerz

RonnieK

Posted: 03 April 2007 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
lol i am ronnie kumar

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 03 April 2007 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reeps

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

nice post persy! Clap

Is the person really being dishonest? What if he or she has a wrong sense of self... meaning a confused perception about all. Sometimes, it can be hard to tell if a person is caught in the middle of something. Confused

it is very matured of you to ask that question.  such a person has the knowledge of the fundamental trouble.  i think the person should involve support system to clear the cobwebs and get to know himself / herself.  Once you start pretending to be someone else (knowingly / unknowingly), you may get so used to it, that you may risk being lost for ever.  Just my honest opinion.  Confusion is part of every growing up procedure, but not getting lost in the process must be the goal Big smile
Persy, you are brilliant dear! Clap

Edited by mermaid_QT - 03 April 2007 at 9:46pm

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 03 April 2007 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Good question!!
Mirror mirror on the wall
Who is the fairest of them all

Answer: Not you Chamelikayaar LOL

Anita calls me nirdayee, zahreela
Tania calls me bachcha
Dia (SRGMP Forum) calls me Sadela
Mermaid calls me badnaseeb
Maya once called me Unkle

I have lost my identity now.... LOL

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ChameliKaYaar

Mermaid calls me badnaseeb

when did i do that?? OuchCry.. and why did i do that?  u have picked it out of context Embarrassed 
BTW, why not remember the good things they've (we've) called you?  come on!! Thumbs Up  cheer up now..

manjujain

IF-Sizzlerz

manjujain

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Manish one sided baat boli tumne, yeh nahin bataya tumne ki in sabko tum kya-kya kehte ho??? LOL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.