IF-Dazzler

sim_indian

Posted: 03 April 2007 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
Thums Down - Recent Films that Disappointed :-(
 Risk
 PB Rating: 7.0 out of 10  Public Rating (by 125 unique users): 5.39
 Producer: K. Sera Sera Productions  Director: Vishram Sawant
 Music: Akbar Sami, Bapi-Tutul  Lyrics: Amitabh Varma-Sundhir
 Starring: Vinod Khanna, Randeep Hooda, Seema Biswas, Tanushree Dutta, Yashpal Sharma, Anant Jog, Makrand Deshpande
With an over-done genre of "cop versus hoodlum" stories sprouting up like weeds, Risk lacks the personality to distinguish it from the crowd.

Eklavya
 PB Rating: 6.5 out of 10  Public Rating (by 385 unique users): 8.55
 Producer: Vinod Chopra Productions  Director: Vidhu Vinod Chopra
 Music: Shantanu Moitra  Lyrics: Swanand Kirkire
 Starring: Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, Jackie Shroff, Saif Ali Khan, Vidya Balan, Sharmila Tagore, Boman Irani, Jimmy Shergill, and Raima Sen
The film is picturesquely shot, in vivid color. There is only one song. There is no strong background score (the Gayatri Mantra and other shlokas are pleasant to hear but do not comprise a musical score) which in a film like this is a major fault.

Traffic Signal
 PB Rating: 6.5 out of 10  Public Rating (by 184 unique users): 5.51
 Producer: Percept Pictures  Director: Madhur Bhandarkar
 Music: Shamir Tandon  Lyrics: Sameer
 Starring: Kunal Khemu, Neena Chandra, Konkana Sen Sharma, Sudhir Mishra, Ranvir Shorey
Overall, the setting is realistic, makeup is terrific on all the characters to make them look ethnic and nasty, and music as a background to scenes is adequate. Traffic Signal is someone's home, its a hard dose of reality, dark, and revealing.

Vivah
 PB Rating: 7.5 out of 10  Public Rating (by 341 unique users): 4.93
 Producer: Rajshri Productions Pvt. Ltd.  Director: Sooraj Barjatya
 Music: Ravindra Jain  Lyrics: Ravindra Jain
 Starring: Shahid Kapoor, Amrita Rao, Seema Biswas, Aloknath, Anupam Kher, Lata Sabbarwal, Samir Soni, and Amrita Prakash
I can't think of a better way to forget your problems than watching a movie in which there is only one bad person. And I can't think of a movie that pulls it off better than Vivah.

Baabul
 PB Rating: 5.0 out of 10  Public Rating (by 848 unique users): 4.49
 Producer: B.R. Chopra  Director: Ravi Chopra
 Music: Aadesh Shrivastava  Lyrics: Sameer
 Starring: Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini, Salman Khan, John Abraham, Rani Mukerji, Om Puri, Parmeet Sethi, Rajpal Yadav, Avtar Gill, Gargi Patel, Sharat Saxena, Smita Jaykar, and Aman Varma
All those planning to experience "Baabul", I suggest staying home and watching "Baghban" instead because with "Baabul", Mr. Chopra's intentions are clearly there, his execution is not.

< =1.1 src="http://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/js/3904-47112-17985-4?mpt=1175632908&mpvc="> on error resume next For mp_i=11 To 6 Step -1 If Not IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash." & mp_i)) Then Else mp_swver=mp_i Exit For End If Next

heres some of the disappointing movies...i know not everyone will agree totally to wat this says...but still...just check it out...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Thums Down in bollywood recently" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top