Harry Potter

Dumbledore’s ...(spoiler)

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

mitale

Groupbie

mitale

Posted: 20 July 2005 at 11:39am | IP Logged

Do you guys actually believe that it was necessary to kill Dumbledore. I mean come on he was the one who guided harry whenever he neeeded him. He could have been a great importance in the last book. J.K Rowling has a penchant to kill everyone who are close to harry or who guides harry to right direction. The way she portrayed Dumbledore's death was really sad because we knew that he was the most powerful wizard at that time. He was killed in a miserable way without a wand. Who kills someone like that? Snape is portrayed like a coward who kills someone without weapons. I think it was really sad and the way its portrayed is really something different

Please comment on this message.

Edited by radz_2cool - 23 July 2005 at 12:35am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dumbledore’s ...(spoiler)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

peachesnplums

IF-Sizzlerz

peachesnplums

Posted: 20 July 2005 at 12:28pm | IP Logged

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 20 July 2005 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Tristan Kent for the Victoria Herald Sun, Australia - Why did you need to kill people that are close to Harry?

JK Rowling: Do you mean - Why are you such an unpleasant woman? Well, I do not enjoy doing it, obviously, but when you have a hero who is growing up and growing to fulfil a certain destiny, which Harry now is, the ruthless answer is it is much more interesting for him to do that alone. So in terms of your story and your plot and also when you are trying to show the journey of a child into a man really which is what Harry is, the next book he is going to come of age within the wizarding world, so legally actually a man, that is a dramatic and poignant way of showing that journey is to strip him of the people closest to him.

That and I am nasty obviously!

This excerpt was taken from her press conference given at CBBC !!!
So you see she has a good reason to kill every one who is Harry's protector . So that Harry can act alone and with his friends come out a hero in the final book killing Voldy !

loveneha_r

Goldie

loveneha_r

Posted: 20 July 2005 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Harry has to defeat Voldy alone without anyone's help. Now ith Dumbledore gone we will get to see hoe powerful Harry actually is.

HoneyJaan

Groupbie

HoneyJaan

Posted: 20 July 2005 at 5:33pm | IP Logged

guys there are people who have still not completed the book

is it fair to have your subject giving away the secret of the book!!!!!!!

blughost91

Goldie

blughost91

Posted: 20 July 2005 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
One side of me says it was just horrible losing someone as imporant as Dumbledore. The other side of me says that maybe this death was good because Dumbledore is always there to get Harry out of trouble...and Harry needs to learn for himself how to get out of all this by himself..anybody get what I'm saying?

sangi

Goldie

sangi

Posted: 22 July 2005 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
no seriously dumbledore sud not hav died.... i mean he was very useful..give imp.info abt voldy..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top