Debate Mansion

Glorification of LTTE in the Indian Media (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 April 2007 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Glorification of LTTE in the Indian Media (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 10 April 2007 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by swordfishh

Does anyone get the feeling that the LTTE is glorified by the Indian Media at times?? When I say media I dont mean only the Indian Tamil Media which tends to be soft on the LTTE for reasons well known to us...

They aren't quite portrayed as these gruesome terrorists as we'd portray the militants in Kashmir or even the ULFA for that matter... Now what LTTE is to Sri Lanka... ULFA is to India right?OuchOuch 

The most striking discrimination is the nomenclature.... While the members of the ULFA are referred to as the **ULFA Militants** the LTTE  members are called ** The Tigers** or the **Tamil Tigers**

Yeah I agree that **Tigers** is a part of the name of their outfit... and hence this nomenclature....

But at times.... I wonder if this reflects our hypocrisy towards others? We blame the USA for being hypocritical about the terrorist activities in India.... Arent we displaying the same attitude towards the SriLankans??Ouch After all... The LTTE have done nothing to India... other than killing Rajeev Gandhi... whose killers have been convicted....

Nice topic!Clap

See!! LTTE has lot of support from India! They are not considered as terrorists by  most of the people in Tamil Nadu(I'm not saying all the tamilians support LTTE),most of them have soft corner on those people!

Its really sad that politicians like vaiko(supporter of LTTE) is still supported by people in elections!

Regarding Rajiv Gandhi! No pity on him from my side as he fell in the pit dug by him!

I disagree..Of course, its your personal opinion..However, according to me, no Human being deserves that kind of death...

swordfishh

IF-Dazzler

swordfishh

Posted: 10 April 2007 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareg

Does anyone get the feeling that the LTTE is glorified by the Indian Media at times?? When I say media I dont mean only the Indian Tamil Media which tends to be soft on the LTTE for reasons well known to us...

They aren't quite portrayed as these gruesome terrorists as we'd portray the militants in Kashmir or even the ULFA for that matter... Now what LTTE is to Sri Lanka... ULFA is to India right?OuchOuch 

The most striking discrimination is the nomenclature.... While the members of the ULFA are referred to as the **ULFA Militants** the LTTE  members are called ** The Tigers** or the **Tamil Tigers**

Yeah I agree that **Tigers** is a part of the name of their outfit... and hence this nomenclature....

But at times.... I wonder if this reflects our hypocrisy towards others? We blame the USA for being hypocritical about the terrorist activities in India.... Arent we displaying the same attitude towards the SriLankans??Ouch After all... The LTTE have done nothing to India... other than killing Rajeev Gandhi... whose killers have been convicted....

Nice topic!Clap

See!! LTTE has lot of support from India! They are not considered as terrorists by  most of the people in Tamil Nadu(I'm not saying all the tamilians support LTTE),most of them have soft corner on those people!

Its really sad that politicians like vaiko(supporter of LTTE) is still supported by people in elections!

Regarding Rajiv Gandhi! No pity on him from my side as he fell in the pit dug by him!

I disagree with the last statement, The pit was really dug by Indira Gandhi, IMO Rajiv tried to rectify certain mistakes, he sent in our troops on request, he did what was right in Indian interests, unfortunately the snake that was fed by his mom came and bit him fatally(Ala OBL and BushWink)

Not that Rajiv was a saint, he created his own set of troubles for us named Kashmir(that is besides the point though)

I feel people glorify Indira Gandhi too much and blame Rajiv far too much

Just my opinion though

@eggy, Gandhi family has lost the power theoretically, but they still have a lot of influence in the Indian Media

Take for example Rahul's(GandhiLOL) statement the other day about Gandhi family and Babri Masjid, Press anywhere would have eaten a person alive for that kinda statement, In India....

That is why I think LTTE gets sympathy, it is a Gandhian causeDead

Faux pas Sareg!!! **Gandhian** is a term usually used to refer to Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi better known as Mahatma Gandhi....
The other Gandhi's like Indira, Rajeev, Maneka, Sonia and Rahul do not fall within this definiation.... They'd come under the Nehruvian legacy.... Or better but- The Nehru Gandhi legacy....

However, if *Gandhian* was ur attempt at a pun.... Then... Wink

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 11 April 2007 at 12:17am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 11 April 2007 at 12:23am | IP Logged
huh Confused

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 11 April 2007 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Tongue
Originally posted by raksha.l

Nice topic!Clap

I disagree..Of course, its your personal opinion..However, according to me, no Human being deserves that kind of death...

Whether you agree or not this type of things happen as a part of  so called freedom struggles! When a terrorist considers a person as enemy naturally he/she tries to eliminate the enemy! I said that I donot show any pity to Rajeev's death because he groomed LTTE well and then later on tried to smash it for his political interests!  LTTE people thought that Rajeev Gandhi betrayed them; ordinary people cannot bear with betrayal then what more can we expect from terrorists like LTTE people !!

I don't support LTTE or any organization or violence methods but sometimes even as a spectator we have a chance to express a view on any situation even if we are not part of it!

Violence in anyform is not appreciable but I wonder if Rajeev "Gandhi " taught them Gandhian Principles to those LTTE people!!

However, LTTE apolozised for this act,may be they thought better late than neverTongue

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 11 April 2007 at 1:12pm | IP Logged

Tongue
Originally posted by raksha.l

Nice topic!Clap

Whether you agree or not this type of things happen as a part of  so called freedom struggles! When a terrorist considers a person as enemy naturally he/she tries to eliminate the enemy! I said that I donot show any pity to Rajeev's death because he groomed LTTE well and then later on tried to smash it for his political interests!  LTTE people thought that Rajeev Gandhi betrayed them; ordinary people cannot bear with betrayal then what more can we expect from terrorists like LTTE people !!

I don't support LTTE or any organization or violence methods but sometimes even as a spectator we have a chance to express a view on any situation even if we are not part of it!

Violence in anyform is not appreciable but I wonder if Rajeev "Gandhi " taught them Gandhian Principles to those LTTE people!!

However, LTTE apolozised for this act,may be they thought better late than neverTongue

Haha I know whether I agree or disagree, LTTE will do what it has to do..But atleast non LTTE people can mellow down their emotions and not show hatred through wordsBig smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top