Views

Users

Frequent Posters

S a r a h thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

πŸ˜†

Your response to myths post was enlightening...Didnt know I could kick a dog 20 times in cruelty and then just shoot him to make my act suddenly noble.. or hang a cat on a yoyo out of the window but then put her in a washer to ensure she doesnt come out alive.again to endorse my uncruelty..

Welll true.... zindagi kabhi kabhi maut se battar hoti hai....πŸ˜†

but there shud exist a valid reason behind every act which is committed deliberately... if you just do it for fun then it is ofcourse hypocracy...

raunaq thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

If the concept being vegetarian is basically against killing animals, then it makes me ask why is it OKAY to kill plants?? They were living too, before someone killed them! Not even bothering to mention how many bacteria and such get killed just by the breathing process itself, forget whatever happens in liver (as anshu (great post btw) and maya pointed out)
In argument, some people say that eating grains is okay. That to me sounds like don;t eat chicken, but you can eat the nails / feathers. Grain or fruit is still is part of the living organism before someone snatched it.
"Ever wondered if your spinach was screaming in the mixer?" was the question my friend asked some of us veggie-lovers!😳

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ well said! i raised a similar question somewhere else about plants and trees being living things and trees are cut down, would like know its justification πŸ˜›

Edited by raunaq - 17 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: raunaq

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ well said! i raised a similar question somewhere else about plants and trees being living things and trees are cut down, would like know its justification πŸ˜›

oh simple. perhaps because plants are not animals?πŸ˜›

yes, it would be hypocritical for someone to eat plants if they went around opening societies for prevention of cruelty to PLANTS.😊 like some of the proclaimed animal lovers who have non-veg and enjoy it more when it's halaledπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj5000

Think about following and visualize the reason of actions:
1. A judge verdicts hanging a human till he dies and also fights for human survival.

I got intrigued with this point...Did you mean to say that the animals they kill are some kind of criminals???As far as I know most(if not ALL) of them are herbivorous, harmless animals...Or did I not understand the analogy hereπŸ€”
2. Ancestrals or first humans were carnivorous.Non veg has been part of survival from then.

Our ancestors had to depend on non-veg for completely different reasons than the love of the meat..Anyways, we are not debating on whether its ok to eat non-veg..right??
3. Vegetrarian food comprises of living organisms, still consumed by veggy eaters.

Again, we are deviating from the topic here...😊
4. Love animals but vege turned into non veg for lack of choices and keeping healthy.
Keeping healthy- is eating animals a way to keep healthy???😲A lot of  my non-veg friends are converting into pure vegetarians because they wanted to keep certain deseases at bay...Perhaps they were not wise enough to do that, which is anyway again beyond the premises of this debate...πŸ˜ƒ
5. During pregancies or health reason many veggies force themselves into NV diet on doctors recommendations not that they loose love for animals.

With all due respects, I repeat- we are not discussing the reasons for being a non-vegetarian...πŸ˜›

REASON for hurting any living being is far more important here. Not right or wrong but whether reason is right or wrong.

Hurting is hurting isn't it???I would support the killing/hurting if that animal is hurting you(I mean just like you mentioned in your point no.1πŸ˜‰)

Being a pet lover and at the same eating non veg yes can be considered to be hypocratic, Eggjaattly
 but there is reason behind them both. If reasoning suffices the action then it should be understood as individuals have different norms principles to follow.

What reasons could be reasons enough to kill an animal on one hand and preach about animal rights on the other....πŸ˜’

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatbuster

oh simple. perhaps because plants are not animals?πŸ˜›

yes, it would be hypocritical for someone to eat plants if they went around opening societies for prevention of cruelty to PLANTS.😊 like some of the proclaimed animal lovers who have non-veg and enjoy it more when it's halaledπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

🀣 @ the bold and underlined. 
I only partially agree with the rest.  I have a big problem with those non-vegetarians who form societies against animal-research and trouble others.  If they do that, they are hypocritical.
If I don;t buy the frozen chicken, perhaps someone else will anyway.  If nobody buys it, it will not get the chance of benefitting someone by its sacrifice.  As I said, the animal lives through better heamoglobin I make and the sacrifice is not wasted.  My buying it as opposed to it getting trashed - makes me have feelings for it.
If the entire world switches to being vegeratarian, I will not cut and kill and quietly go back to my vegetarian lifestyle.  Now don;t say I can start and world will follow.  I was vegetarian till 26 years, and no one followed πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
raunaq thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

🀣 <span>@ the bold and underlined. </span><br><span>I only partially agree with the rest. I have a big problem with those non-vegetarians who form societies against animal-research and trouble others. If they do that, they are hypocritical. </span><br><span>If I don;t buy the frozen chicken, perhaps someone else will anyway. If nobody buys it, it will not get the chance of benefitting someone by its sacrifice. As I said, the animal lives through better heamoglobin I make and the sacrifice is not wasted. My buying it as opposed to it getting trashed - makes me have feelings for it.</span><br><span>If the entire world switches to being vegeratarian, I will not cut and kill and quietly go back to my vegetarian lifestyle. Now don;t say I can start and world will follow. I was vegetarian till 26 years, and no one followed πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†</span>

yes i do agree with you on the non veg and going against animals research πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† imagine those mice flooding under the sun if they are not used for something useful πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† by the way, how about vegetarians who use medicines that are based on animal research, doesnt that make them a hypocrite then? 😳
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The whole analogy that I was proclaiming was the Reason of  action. See the bold part in black again. Thanks!

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The whole analogy that I was proclaiming was the Reason of  action. See the bold part in black again. Thanks!

My resonse is bold blueπŸ˜ƒ

Can you please enlighten me on the possible reasons???Let me guess, is pleasure one of them???I heard they hunt/hurt/kill animals for reasons akin to pleasure..That's why animal rights people have a problem..Isn't it??

You also did not clear my doubts abt your point no.1..And then also the other points...

My personal opinion- Animal eaters have morally lost the right to fight for them...

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: S a r a h

but there shud exist a valid reason behind every act which is committed deliberately... if you just do it for fun then it is ofcourse hypocracy...

cant fun be one reason or cursiosity to see if the dog kicked  in the air lands on its feet..another, also since cat has nine lives.. .its just to verify if its going to meow back once out of the washer? Are these reasons less of a reason than palatable lapping off of a halalified bakra...πŸ˜†

raunaq thumbnail

Think about following and visualize the reason of actions:
1. A judge verdicts hanging a human till he dies and also fights for human survival.
2. Ancestrals or first humans were carnivorous.Non veg has been part of survival from then.
3. Vegetrarian food comprises of living organisms, still consumed by veggy eaters.
4. Love animals but vege turned into non veg for lack of choices and keeping healthy.
5. During pregancies or health reason many veggies force themselves into NV diet on doctors recommendations not that they loose love for animals.

REASON for hurting any living being is far more important here. Not right or wrong but whether reason is right or wrong.

Being a pet lover and at the same eating non veg yes can be considered to be hypocratic, but there is reason behind them both. If reasoning suffices the action then it should be understood as individuals have different norms principles to follow.

very well put πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ , the reason for consuming animals or not consuming animals should be taken into consideration but as always i think non veg consuming a set of animals doesnt mean that they don't love animals 😭 😭 😭